How is vaping in public recieved in your country/area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotton

Jan 25, 2017
Just as the title. How is it looked upon were you´r at?

I live in Sweden and vaping is still kind of "underground" and not really talked about in the media (unless some dumbo blows half his face of with a pipebomb-mod....) So vaping in public usually stirs up questions like "is that a cigarette?" "You know it has more Chemicals in it right?" I even Heard stuff like "You know they found [edited] in that juice right?" followed by a long, highly uneducated rant about the horrors and terrifying "facts" about vaping.

Last edited by a moderator:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Michigan goes easy on vaping but I think there is some polarization. Non smokers don't give a rat's behind about improving anybody's health or financial situation especially if that means former smokers are living better and more competitive at work. Smokers mostly don't appreciate being reminded that there is an alternative. Tobacco is a way people take a lot of money from other people in return for nothing. Why should we expect that to end gracefully.

Last edited:

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
I live in the sticks, so it's relatively quiet and there's always a random vaper around, plus there are a number of vape shops with lounges where you can vape out. Now a hop, skip and a jump away is NYC, and while you won't get chastised for vaping on the streets, you may get a "do you mind?" if you're billowing. Most people try to minimize their vapors, even though smokers are everywhere and couldn't care less if it bothered you.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
There are not many people vaping in Mexico so when I vape some people just watch with curiosity. No one has complained

A few days ago I went to a restaurant and asked to be seated in the smoking area but the hostess saw I was vaping and told me that I could vape inside! So I did [emoji16] but not to much and tried stealth vaping style just to avoid someone getting mad at me

I also vape at the office, nobody complains and actually are happy that I'm not smoking

So as you can see I'm enjoying vaping freedom!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Michigan goes easy on vaping but I think there is some polarization. Non smokers don't give a rat's behind about improving anybody's health or financial situation especially if that means former smokers are living better and more competitive at work. Smokers mostly don't appreciate being reminded that there is an alternative. Tobacco is a way people take a lot of money from other people in return for nothing. Why should we expect that to end gracefully.
I'm in Michigan and we don't have any problems but my Wife and I are Tootle Puffers. In restaurants, I exhale up to the ceiling and she tends to exhale down towards under the table. In the movie theatre, we sit in the back row so no one has to look through vapor to see the screen. No one seems to care but we are considerate...

coffinnail

Feb 18, 2017
CA,United States
West Coast. United States. Some of my friends are more frightened of the vapor than the smoke from my analog cigarettes. Unbelievable. And I find myself at a loss for words, when I try to explain vaping. I feel so much better than when I smoked analogs. Vaping is now a new hobby of mine. We "vapors" need to find some smart scientist to prove how good I feel vaping compared to smoking cigarettes.

9 days ago, a study was released. And I hope it makes a difference how non-vapors think. here is the info, sorry I don't have a link. Youll have to surf the net for it. The lead author was Lion Shahab of University College London. It was funded by a grant from Cancer Research UK, and published in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine. .“The bottom line of this study is that there is now no scientific uncertainty: vaping is much safer than smoking”. I feel so much better than when I smoked analogs. Vaping is now a new hobby of mine. Vape on.

coffinnail

Feb 18, 2017
CA,United States
West Coast. United States. Not legal indoors. Not in public. Frowned upon. I even palm my mod in my vehicle at stop signs. People seem to stare, worse than analogs. 90% of my friends will move away from vape I exhale. And I don't vape around elderly or children, or anyone that doesn't vape for that matter. I wish I had some answers for my friends and family that are curious if its safe. I know its "safer" than cigarettes. Because I feel great, quitting the analog cigarettes. Just wish more studies and truth were out there.

SNGVapes

Feb 18, 2017
West Virginia, USA
I'm in West Virginia and vape shops are starting to pop up everywhere. No vaping in access areas (Gov't buildings, stores, etc.), you can freely vape outdoors and in vape shops. Alot of people prefer vaping over smoking, as long as you're not trying to create whiteout conditions. A congressman for WV is a big supporter of vaping.

I like to be considerate. I used to a smoker and appreciate that fact that they don't want to be around it (Unless you're doing tricks, of course). Also, my wife is sensitive to the drying out aspect of it. She can get nose bleeds. She suggested she try drinking more water to help. She would rather see me vaping than smoking.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I'm in the London area. You can't walk down the street round here without seeing at least one cloud of vapour billowing out from somewhere.

Agreed. Yeah :banana:

I live in he sticks atm but no one really has a bad comment. Occasionally people say "that cash machine looks as if it's on fire", "i thought my car was on fire" etc...
Couple of negs but not much.

I had to visit central London the other day (I'm from suburbs) and I think I saw more vapers walking around the streets than smokers (more smokers at the train station though).
Good times. All of them near middle aged or older...
Saw one 50-60 year old guy puffing on some lovely pipe, then he just threw it in his pocket straight after puffing.
A high end pipe mod me thinks.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Here on Long Island vaping is pretty much accepted and those that were misinformed in my area who tried telling me about the evils of vaping got an education. Last time I was in NYC I noticed a few places had signs that specifically said NO Electronic Cigarettes or Vaping allowed in common areas that were outdoors right next to the NO Smoking signs. NYC already has a law about not being able to smoke outdoors if there is a roof over your head as I found that out a few years ago outside Penn Station one rainy day.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Saw one 50-60 year old guy puffing on some lovely pipe, then he just threw it in his pocket straight after puffing.
I've had some funny looks when I do that (it wasn't me, as I haven't been into town since the first week in January, although I do just about fall into the lower end of the age bracket (or I will in a couple of months)). Most of mine don't have a visible tank, so at first glance it's not obvious that I'm vaping.(see avatar)

frosc

Jan 23, 2017
pretty much vaping is treated equally as smoking here in Indonesia. well, not that we have strict rules, it's just vaping indoors/no smoking area arent allowed (vaping in designated smoking area in a cafe, shopping mall, or other public areas is fine though). But outdoors, nobody really cares whether you smoke or vape.
When I vape outdoors I'm getting the [edited] ?" look from people on the streets/passerby though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread