How is vaping in public recieved in your country/area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
In Northern California its prohibited indoors. Unfortunately , it's treated just like smoking
California is stuffed with Anti Nicotine and Tobacco Zealots who believe vaping is part of the problem. Our CA taxes go to support this insanity. We have very old Senators/legislators who have been in office way too long and won't or can't listen to reason. In all my years vaping, I can remember 3-4 folks vaping in the area/street (oddity).I see folks smoking every day.

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
Indiana is home of former governor, now vice president Mike Pence. He made some of the strictest and dumbest rules against vaping in the country, which was, surprise surprise, financially and politically motivated. You can't vape indoors except at vape shops. However, when I'm at work or outside somewhere vaping, no one says anything, or even really notices. It's almost like the people, even non-smokers and non-vapers, know it's OK, while our state government, well...

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Part of my vape hobby is to vape where no one has vaped before. BUT, I want to do it to be undetected or I ask and am told it's okay. I don't want my vaping to annoy any one any time. I've had a lot of fun with it. Today I took a couple of puffs standing in the checkout at wallmart with someone in front and behind. Nobody noticed. That's a successful stealth vape. BTW there is no rule against vaping in Walmart but I never see anyone doing it (except me and nobody notices me doing it because I don't want to be noticed). Michigan, where I live, has almost no vape laws and what there is is local. A few of the tax supported universities are trying to ban vaping everywhere on campus. I'm sure that's failing miserably because it's so easy to be discrete and who is going to make an issue of harmless behavior that effects no one? Michigan has almost no vaping news stories so it's ignored by everybody except a few who see a funding threat if too many people stop smoking.

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
In small town Iowa there are no real issues that I've seen. Local laws aren't tied in with tobacco laws except for government, schools and medical locations. You you can vape in bars, restaurants, mainly any commercial store where you have to smoke outside, unless the establishment signs no vaping. Outdoors you are free to vape or smoke unless the establishment signs differently. Pretty similar to conceal carry laws.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
It's really hit or miss here out in the public, the media is so misguided and corrupt they usually just grab the most recent click bait style reports and regurgitate them as fact then all the rest of the media outlets circle jirk around them having a merry ole time...

Anyone that has enough brain cells to comprehend the fact that it's the smoke in cigarettes that kills not the nicotine and understand that vapor is a atomized liquid sees the value in vapor products...

So some places are completely cool with vaping and others think it's worse for you than smoking especially a lot of smokers think it's worse...

The bad part... If the federal legislation goes through as it is, nicotine in vapes will be legalized because technically it isn't in Canada but it's just going to get worse, they plan on making it illegal to tell people it's better for you than smoking. 500k fine/2 years in prison...

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
And as a side note, I get a little jealous when I hear people here get excited about vape mail, because we still can't order from online vendors or receive vape supplies through mail from out of state.

I'm from Indiana too. Glad I'm stocked up on DIY stuff and I get everything else from fasttech. No issues there.

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
I'm from Indiana too. Glad I'm stocked up on DIY stuff and I get everything else from fasttech. No issues there.

I've only been vaping for about five weeks, so I'm still building up supplies. Before too long, I want to start learning how to make my own juice. I have a bad feeling it's going to get worse before and if it gets better.

excalibur-x

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Since July 2016 I’m living in Ankara Turkey. In Turkey they have same anti smoking laws as in EU, but you can still smoke almost everywhere. All restaurants and bars have those summer garden that are heated and completely closed in winter and everybody is there. Ashtrays get removed just when someone informs them police inspection is coming. :D

So vaping in public is not a problem. Sometimes after couple of beers I vape even in strictly non smoking areas. :D Stealth MTL takes me to that special time when James Bond wasn't gluten intolerant and people smoked everywhere. :D

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Part of my vape hobby is to vape where no one has vaped before. BUT, I want to do it to be undetected or I ask and am told it's okay. I don't want my vaping to annoy any one any time. I've had a lot of fun with it. Today I took a couple of puffs standing in the checkout at wallmart with someone in front and behind. Nobody noticed. That's a successful stealth vape. BTW there is no rule against vaping in Walmart but I never see anyone doing it (except me and nobody notices me doing it because I don't want to be noticed). Michigan, where I live, has almost no vape laws and what there is is local. A few of the tax supported universities are trying to ban vaping everywhere on campus. I'm sure that's failing miserably because it's so easy to be discrete and who is going to make an issue of harmless behavior that effects no one? Michigan has almost no vaping news stories so it's ignored by everybody except a few who see a funding threat if too many people stop smoking.
    I'm kinda sad, My walmart has a No smoking, including e-cigarettes, sign right in the front door. But I do live in Alabama so that may explain it. :p

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    I see a lot more people vaping in downtown Toronto. There a couple of vape shops around but it seems many white collar people are either just vaping or vaping during office hours due to the smell and time it takes to smoke.

I don't vape in any restaurants or shops but will the odd time in Walmart if there is nobody in the isle I am in.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2012
    North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
    I try not to vape inside public buildings or stores because it is technically prohibited but that does not mean I have not done it. I do look to see if there are security cameras before I do take a vape though!
    They probably won't write a ticket in NYC. A year or so ago when they first banned public vaping in NYC, someone had a outdoor "vape-in" purposely vaping in front of the cops to incite a ticket so it could be fought. That's precisely why no tickets were given out. Indoors might be a different story, don't know. I would love to visit your great city but can't carry and that's one of the last places I'll be caught unarmed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread