How is vaping in public recieved in your country/area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
Is there any problem getting vape gear and juice in Japan? Some countries have nasty limitations on allowing vape gear at all that make staying in the smoking area the least of your headaches.

They are no problem getting vape gear here because Amazon.jp is selling on the net and vape stores are here and there around the bigger train stations in Tokyo. I normally use FastTech because it is a lot cheaper.

However, the e-juice is somewhat different, I think, from what you would expect. NO shops sell nicotine liquid or nicotine contained e-juice by law. You can not sell any liquid nicotine in Japan but freely import by yourself kind of situation. I mostly import from USA with 125ml bottle of 100mg nicotine liquid.

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
Banned in 5 states in India. Not much awareness about vaping but vaping in general is on the rise as a healthier alternative to smoking.

Does that mean you can freely Vape in other states? There are 29 states and more districts in India right?

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
I am surprised that the Japanese have not started making some seriously advanced MOD's and tanks like they have done with TV's, DVD and Blu-ray Players. In my opinion a Sony MOD would be on the top of my wish list.

I think that should be happening in the future but I don't think they do without nicotine liquids approval in Japan.

Reactions: MMW and Eskie

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I am from Japan. Not many people are vaping here in Japan but I start to find some vapers at smoking areas in Tokyo. Vape is treated in Japan, I think, as same as smoking cigarettes because vaper and smoke look the same from non-smokers or smokers. So we vape at designated smoking areas even though we think they are different.

As I don't travel outside of Japan so often, I would like to know how vape or vapers are treated in other countries. Is the vaping allowed at the non-smoking areas? Are there different rules applied for vaping and smoking?

Please let me know if this thread is irrelevant for this forum.
I hear that heat-not-burn products like IQOS and Ploom are gaining in popularity in Japan. How much of that do you see around ? A lot more than our type of vape gear i assume !?

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
I hear that heat-not-burn products like IQOS and Ploom are gaining in popularity in Japan. How much of that do you see around ? A lot more than our type of vape gear i assume !?
I work in a quite a size of office building and on the 19th floor there is a fairly large smoking room. Say there are 100 persons in a room, I see 48 of them smoking, 50 of them using IQOS, Ploom, or Glo, me and my co-worker vaping because I gave him my old vape gear.;)

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I am surprised that the Japanese have not started making some seriously advanced MOD's and tanks like they have done with TV's, DVD and Blu-ray Players. In my opinion a Sony MOD would be on the top of my wish list.

Sony execs, being smarter and more experienced with operating a business than every vape company on the planet, decided to pass on mods and stick to selling batteries that will run everyone's devices.
$$$$$$$$$$

;)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Sony execs, being smarter and more experienced with operating a business than every vape company on the planet, decided to pass on mods and stick to selling batteries that will run everyone's devices.
$$$$$$$$$$

;)

Ah, Sony sold their entire battery division to Murata.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Does that mean the only way to get batteries like Sony ones is to get them off Murata. I still use some Sonys in my G-Priv. My favourite batteries!

I have zero idea how the changeover will be handled. I'm sure vendors have lots of Sony batteries they'll continue to sell. No idea what or how Murata intends to handle the 18650 market yet.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Does that mean the only way to get batteries like Sony ones is to get them off Murata. I still use some Sonys in my G-Priv. My favourite batteries!

Just get them from a retail vendor like always.
It's not like individuals could ever buy direct from Sony in the first place.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I never had anyone say anything but people tell me I look scary. I'm not, but I guess people judge books by their covers.
Very common English idiom "don't judge a book by its cover"
origin - Roman author Juvenal (1st and 2nd centuries AD)

elaborated on by William Paley in Natural Theology : or, Evidences of the Existence and Attributes of the Deity, Collected from the Appearances of Nature (1802)

"Virtue is infinitely various.
There is no situation in which a rational being is placed, from that of the best instructed Christian down to the condition of the rudest barbarian, which affords not room for moral agency; for the acquisition, exercise, and display of voluntary qualities, good and bad.
Health and sickness, enjoyment and suffering, riches and poverty, knowledge and ignorance, power and subjection, liberty and bondage, civilization and barbarity, have all their offices and duties, all serve for the formation of character: for when we speak of a state of trial, it must be remembered, that characters are not only tried, or proved, or detected, but that they are generated also, and formed, by circumstances.
The best dispositions may subsist under the most depressed, the most afflicted fortunes."

but, "How is vaping in public received in your country/area?"

People don't usually approach me about it.
It's usually positive when they do. "My Mom, Uncle, friend, etc vapes, etc blah blah blah."
Sometimes it's "I heard on the news..." or "My friend told me..."
I listen and aim them to resources if they seem genuinely interested.
"Those things are worse than ciggs..." usually gets "That's stupid GTFAFM" or whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread