1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

How long do most people steep their juices?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by MadOtis, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MadOtis

MadOtis Full Member Verified Member

I see where several juice chefs suggest stepping their juices to achieve the best experience. So... being new to "big boy pants" vaping, how long do most juices need to steep?

2. Intervap

Intervap Super Member ECF Veteran

Its going to be different from juice to juice and higher VG will require a longer time.
    I allow a week minimum for 33% pg, with a heavy shaking every night.
    Sometimes you can tell when a juice is completely steeped when it has "darkened" but not all juices do this, especially ones with coloring.

3. MadOtis

Cool, thank you for the info. I guess it'll be more of a learning experience with each juice. Thanks again!

4. Lombaowski

Lombaowski Ultra Member ECF Veteran

You can vape 100% right out of the mail. The more complex flavors and the tobaccos need steeping depending on the % of vg v pg, and also depending on the vendor. I usually let tobaccos steep 2-3 weeks, complex juices that don't have tobacco for about 7-10 days. I usually drip them all after leaving the cap off for 24-48 hours, just to see what they are like. Then after the steeping time I think they need, drip again. Some juices seem to get better with even more than two weeks, Boba's Bounty and HHV Heavenly Tobacco are two such juices IMO.

5. ardvaark

ardvaark Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

+1 ^

I have myself been discovering the benefits of steeping. I thought it was a bunch of hogwash at first until I started doing it and seeing the benefits first hand.:facepalm:
    Like was already mentioned, some juices require more time than others and then also some juices change a lot while others take on only a subtle change. Whatever the case though, the results are almost always VERY positive. I've never myself seen a juice get worse over time.

Best of luck to you on your journey!

Peter

6. MadOtis

Thanks for the info! I just ordered 5 samples from Vapor Chef and figured it would take 3-4 weeks to even try them, then another 3-4 weeks when I ordered any that I like! All are fruity-flavored and 70/30 PG/VG, so since they lack tobacco, I may be able to cut the frustrating wait-time down to a week or two? I have plenty of cola, french vanilla, and belgian waffle to hold me over until then; I'm just not very patient. :)

7. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

To make it easier for my favorite flavors I reorder them a few weeks before I'm going to need them. This way I am not waiting for my favorites to steep.... They will be ready when I need them.

8. MadOtis

I plan on doing just that... my problem is I'm so new to true vaping and am just now starting to build up my pantry of favorite flavors. I'm ordering lots of sample sizes find the right ones for me and wife; I'd just do myself (and the juice) an injustice if I rejected a flavor just because it hadn't fully developed enough to taste it's best.

9. Jwaterski

Jwaterski Super Member ECF Veteran

I usually let mine steep about 5 minutes, takes about that long to drive home from the store. There a couple pretty good sized potholes on the way to shakem up a little too!

10. MadOtis

LOL! I have the feeling I may end up being a 5 minute steeper as well. At least until I build up my collection of juices.

11. AhhCheew

AhhCheew Full Member Verified Member

I keep em in my closet and I usually shake the hell out of em everyday for a week.

12. kabonk

kabonk Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I DIY all my e-liquid, fruit flavors are good right after I make them I have other recipes that are good right away but take a good 2 months to become great

13. docp1620

docp1620 Senior Member ECF Veteran

14. MadOtis

Thanks for the info on z-vaper! I never even thought of looking at YouTube for a tutorial on steeping!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

15. flowerpots

flowerpots Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

1 week to 4 weeks for fruits and dessert liquids
    2 weeks to 4 months for tobaccos or alcoholic beverage type liquids

16. jubiare

jubiare Full Member Verified Member

4 months wow! :)

17. flowerpots

flowerpots Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Most of the 4 month steepers are just forgotten because they are in a box in the closet, then I rediscover them around the 3-4 month mark :p

18. jwag1973

jwag1973 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Until you start discovering what you really like, you won't know. Just as we all like different flavors, we are bound to like them at different stages. I've received juices ready to vape right out of the mailbox, the same juice on a different order took a week or two! Let you taste buds answer that question, but most agree @ two weeks is ideal.

19. kittybite

kittybite Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Some vendors pre-steep their liquids, which is why I've become such a fan of Halo (I'm impatient - it's my only flaw :p). With that said, I have tried other juices that require steeping, and will say they've gotten much better with age. A truly prudent, or impatient, person might get some of both. I've also heard that exposing e-liquid to air oxidizes the nicotine, which is why I steep with caps on. There are lots of methods recommended here, though, so do what you're comfortable with. Just know that there are vendors whose liquids you can vape right out of the mail, and you won't notice much (if any) of a flavor change over time!

20. jwag1973

jwag1973 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Excellent advice! I do this my self.

: halo, provape, super t
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.