How long do you let your juice sit in the tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
If you're like me, you rotate all sorts of flavors. I am just wondering how long you have left your juice in a tank and if you had any negative side effects from leaving it too long. Or does it just continue to steep and get yummier?
Eliquid doesn't spoil like food because micro organisms that might cause spoilage can't feed on it so there aren't any. May be flavors can change over time, may be nic could beome extremely oxidized over time but the time is probably months, may be more. Then again I can't claim to be an expert. I keep one rda in service and my DIY is never more than about 5 weeks old.

Reactions: ChelsB

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I have a Kabuki that has had the same juice and coil in it for a month and tastes great. If I don't touch it for another month I will likely dump/clean it out and toss the coil. I find a month in a tank is safe for most juices, prebuilt coils, RBA tanks, etc.

With RDAs, I rewick after a few days as the coil is exposed and gets a stale/crappy taste when juice sits. Same with my squonkers, but I will not touch the juice bottle for a month or more - just the wick and maybe coil.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I have 8 tanks that get used daily. Some more than the others, but most, not all, get at least topped off every day. 2 I know do not get topped off and may sit for a few days and just steep like my bottles do, only faster. They normally taste better before topping off.

Now, I do have a few older tanks sitting away with liquid in them that I keep forgetting about. I have to remember to remove the drip tips before using. Generally they aren't bad.

lefthedef

Jan 4, 2017
I Usually vape 2-3 smoky flavours and change them when i get used to a spcific e-juice taste.
Now i vape a lot of e-juice 6-8 ml /day .
On my 2nd favourite rta though i have left e-juice for even 2-3 weeks.
The color changes through oxidization ofc.
Well steeping requires that both aroma and base are into tank and if you consider that aroma is lighter than base then most probably if the e-juice are not already steeped you may have a lot of aroma on RTA.
Another interesting point is that on some e-juice brands the longer the e-juice steeps the better the e-liquid will be,
but on some other e-juice brands after let's say a week the e-juice is ready to vape but after a month of steeping the e-juice tastes differently so differently that usually ends in waste basket or sink ;)

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If you're like me, you rotate all sorts of flavors. I am just wondering how long you have left your juice in a tank and if you had any negative side effects from leaving it too long. Or does it just continue to steep and get yummier?

For me, if I leave e-Liquid in a Tank too long (couple of weeks), the wick can get Kinda "Gummed Up". And the e-Liquid can Thicken slightly.

Usually Easy to Fix by just adding a Drop of Water to the Tank and giving it a Gentle Shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread