How long do you vape or how much do you vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris97b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Houston
I'll go through a 16ml bottle of juice in 5 to 7 days with an occasional few drops from another bottle mixed into a carto. I'd say 3ml to 4ml a day. vaping isn't quite like smoking. You get less nic per hit than you do with a cigarette. The ash particles in the smoke enter the alveoli in the lungs and deliver more nic than vaping. From the studies I've read, ecig vapor is composed of droplets that are generally too large to enter the air sacs in the lungs, so most of the nic you absorb is through mucous membranes in the throat and mouth.

I'm at 24mg/ml strength and most of the articles I've read say that the average absorption from a typical cigarette is about 1mg of nic. So, a pack a day of average cigarettes would give you 20mg absorbed nic. Given that and the lower rate of absorption, I'd have to vape much harder to absorb that much from vaping. 3ml a day would give me 72mg in the juice, but the absorption rate is much, much lower.

Here's a link to an ECF article that talks about absorption from ecigs in detail.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-nicotine-absorption-addictiveness-maois.html

Wow, very interesting. I was wondering why I seemed to go through much more nic vaping than I did smoking (2pad smoker, but going through 70+mg/day *easy* vaping)

Great info, thanks!

Wolf308

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
NC
www.into-the-fog.com
So lets say the average analog cigarette lasts for 6-7 minutes and you take say, 12-15 drags... When you vape do you treat it as though it were an analog cigarette? Do you finish vaping and then vape again in a half hour? Or do you just vape whenever and however long the hell you feel like it? I need to know these things..:banana:

I hang mine around my neck and take a "drag" when I feel the need. Not that I haven't been known to sit back in a chair and just enjoy vaping for a few minutes. But my standard is when I need one, I take one, and there is no real routine anymore.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
I was a pack+ per day smoker (and would smoke 2-3packs/day if I had too much time on my hands), and now chain vape 6-10ml of 12-18mg with the occasional 24mg thrown in depending on the day I'm having. I'm sure the ml will go down if when I'm released to return to work, but being stuck at home on med leave means I have way too much time on my hands, and for me that means lots of vaping. On the flip side, if I weren't vaping, I fairly certain I would be devouring 2 or more packs per day :smokie:

analogbgone

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
Texas
I vape sooo much more than I smoked! That wasn't my intention when I started but it's what happened! Probably because it smells much nicer and tastes so much better. In fact I get complaints about it sometimes. Since I can do it indoors, everyone notices. I used to chain vape at the computer. I think I was using a nic level too low for me. Since I went up a bit on strength I don't chain vape as much. But I still vape more than I smoked.

I definitely vape more than I smoked! I had to go outside to smoke and if I smoked too much it made my chest hurt and my throat sore. I'm not feeling any ill effects from vaping as much as I do, but I have lowered my nic level. I don't think we get as much nicotine from the vapor as we did the cigs, or maybe it's the effects of all the other chemicals in the cigs that I'm not getting. I just know that I feel so much better now and I can breathe better. I don't stink either!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread