How long do your wicks last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt M

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Chester, UK
I've only got one, so I've been using it pretty much exclusively since I had it. I've been using the tight rolling technique rather than the tube style wicks - and used a 75mm long strip. The gorilla juice is very hard on coils, so I think it just got clogged up. I dry burned it once, replaced the coil several times, and set light to the wick each time I replaced the coil. I don't think a month is a bad innings really. Was interested to hear how other people's experiences differed. Guess juice type and wattage will have an effect on it too.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I really don't know what happens when a wick is no longer useable. I suppose they eventually burn through, and crumble apart. I haven't been at it long enough to have it happen yet. I've replaced coils, and used the same wick, over and over. When I change flavors, I flush the tank out with Everclear in a syringe, and dry burn. Some of the Everclear wicks up, and when I dry burn, it cleans the wick. I don't get any left over taste from the Everclear, or the previous flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread