1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

How long does a CE4 last for?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by dyana6969, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dyana6969

dyana6969 Full Member

Getting an eGo starter kit and have a couple coming in the kit.. Just wanna know how long they can last for to see if I should stock up on some.. Right now just gonna get disposable ones and then eventually get a protank to try out some tank crackers..

2. jeffc

jeffc Full Member

That's a good kit and basically what I started with. The length that a coil on a clearmoizer will last depends on the liquid you are using. Stuff with coffee, chocolate and others will cause the coils to go bad much quicker. Then there are flavors that will not cause any issues and can go on for 2-4 weeks. It's been my experience that the darker the liquid the quicker it will eat up a coil. Hope that helps.

3. dyana6969

dyana6969 Full Member

yup it does.. thanks..

4. bacc.vap

bacc.vap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

A high percentage VG juice will muck up the atty quicker also.

5. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Seems like everyone is talking about CE4's today. IMO if you have 2 coming, I would get a couple more or better still order a couple of something else. I know how easy it is to lose one for some reason and then you would only have one with no backup.

I used to use CE4's or Vision Stardusts as my main vape for a while last year. I would typically get a few weeks from one and have gotten as much as 6 weeks a couple of times. I used to rinse and dry burn after every couple of tanks. The wicks are silica and the heat of a dry burn does not affect them. What does affect their life is if you let them get too gunked up. That's bad as they then become very hard to get clean. I did once buy a cheaper clearo and found the wick deteriorated after the first dry burn, so I always stuck with the Vision product after that.

Here is a video on how to dry burn these. What he does is pretty much what I used to do and still do with my Vivi Nova coils. Don't worry about water on the wick, it will dry off in a minute once you put power on it. The trick is not to leave power on for too long or you will melt (people say 'pop') the coil. Watch the color of the coil. Once it gets red, immediately stop powering it. Of course, a gunked up coil makes for a pretty lousy vape, so you don't have much to lose if you destroy it. I poped one and then it never happened to me again.

With no maintenance, I estimate a CE4 will last about 2 to 5 tanks, depending on the juice and how much tolerance to deteriorating juice taste you have.

6. Grimwald

Grimwald Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Agreed. I don't often use CE4s, but when I do, I prefer....
    Flush and dry burn after 2-4 fills. I get 2-4 weeks typically using about 2-3 fills per day.

7. VapHer

VapHer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I personally have been *so* unsuccessful and cleaning CE-4's. I have a few different PVs, so for my eGo/CE-4 I don't mind just tossing the CE-4s and replacing them since they're cheap enough. I usually stockpile about 8 at a time, so I have a good while before I need to order more (at least enough to last me until the next payday, LOL!) :p

I vape a lot, but a CE-4 usually lasts me about 2ish weeks.

Happy Vaping :vapor:

8. dyana6969

dyana6969 Full Member

Thanks for all the info.. I think i have 6 tanks on its way to me so I should be good for awhile.. :)

9. IBCR Media

IBCR Media Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Famous last words. ;)

10. szot

szot Ultra Member ECF Veteran

mine last 4 weeks with no cleaning , rinsing or dry burning.....I change em out the 1st of each month...and mainly use a light 555 flavor juice...for $1.30 each at fasttech , ya can't go wrong

11. woody_w94

woody_w94 Full Member

Mine lasted a week, until I got fed up of them leaking and generally being a pain, although I have no idea who made them. Changed them for a couple of Kanger MT3s's a couple of days ago to save me from going back to cigarettes after only 2 weeks! Hope yours are better :)

12. dyana6969

dyana6969 Full Member

aww.. don't jinx me.. lol

: protank, fasttech
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.