How long does e juice last?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by kthedjsgirl, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kthedjsgirl

kthedjsgirl Full Member

I just ordered a new ecig & I have not used my e juice since 2009. Please tell me it will all still be just as good & nicotine still as strong!:unsure:

2. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

depends on how you stored it, def a little old but very rarely does it go bad. it degrades in strength slowly, only way to tell is if it still looks ok give a little bit a try.
    unopend bottles of raw nic used for mixing have a 1 year shelf life and virtually unlimited in the fridge or freezer.

3. Renzuli

Renzuli Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome to ECF , but probably not . It may taste OK , but the nic. level has gone down . To what degree ??? No one can say . If you vape it , and it satisfies you , your good . If not , well order some new juice , and try not to wait so long , to use it .

4. MrKV

MrKV Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I wouldn't have high hopes for that juice. 3 years is quite a bit and depending on how it was stored is a huge factor on the turnout. I would just order some fresh juice. How many ml's are we talking about here?

5. zuzette

zuzette Super Member ECF Veteran

my 2008 e juice tasted like perfume gone bad. I had my juice stored in a cool dark closet - it was a disaster for vaping.
    better to just toss it out and order new. ecblend and mt baker vapor can get you started without breaking the bank.

6. QuantumStorm

QuantumStorm Full Member

That's a pretty long time to have it sit. If you have a drip tip tank you could try that. Otherwise order new liquid. I second zuzette's recommendation of Mt Baker Vapor!

7. Strigoi

Strigoi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

What's that?

8. mitsuhashi

mitsuhashi Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's probably gone bad, especially if you had opened it in 2009. I almost puked on a bottle of juice I had opened in early 2011. Ruined my carto for a couple days and until it was completely flushed out, it felt like I was vaping manure.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2. Only took 10 minutes to type the post.

9. xdmanalo

xdmanalo Full Member

....never long enough.

10. lctrc

lctrc Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

One of the vendors I use suggests that liquid older than 8 months not be used.

11. bruiser

bruiser Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Madvapes has an ongoing experiment on this. Look around on their site and you'll find it.

12. anderman79

anderman79 Moved On

My recommendation is 1 year and done. There are some really great juices hitting the market now. You may be surprised at where the market has gone!

13. kthedjsgirl

kthedjsgirl Full Member

Thanks bunches to all that answered. Hopefully my new toy will arrive tomorrow. I am not going to smell the old juice till I get my shipment (save for added surprises of getting back to vaping). :facepalm:

14. Malteser

Malteser Full Member

Wow months, years how many gallons you are talking about I need 100 ml a week!

15. amadteaparty

amadteaparty Full Member

You learn something new all the time in here, I never thought about the levels of nic decreasing over time. If I'm trying to keep it fresh for a somewhat short time should I just shove it in a plastic bag and put it in the fridge or is there anything I need to do to help keep the fridge taste/moisture out of it? I don't use a lot of juice and have a bit coming to me in the mail from thanksgiving sales which should last me a good 6 months or so.

16. bruiser

bruiser Ultra Member ECF Veteran

17. kthedjsgirl

kthedjsgirl Full Member

ok... all old juice is bad. It almost made me toss my cookies smelling them. What about PG and VG and also lorianes flovorings? do they last?

18. bryanc

bryanc Full Member

Straight unflavored 0 mg PG/VG? From everything I've read the fact that it does not degrade readily and is very non-reactive by itself is one of the main reasons these are so useful in food and pharmaceutical uses...

Flavorings on the other hand...

19. kthedjsgirl

kthedjsgirl Full Member

yeah...straight unflavor. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.