How Long Does it Take to Repair Your Taste Buds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
San Francisco
Contrary to what the majority of people think, your taste buds have *NOTHING* to do with tasting your pv liquids other than sensing if it's sweet, sour, salty, bitter, or umami. It's your nose that actually tastes your liquids. Your nose will acclimate to constant smells over time (same way a dairy farmer no longer smells the cow poop around him, but you would immediately). Try eating your favorite food while pinching your nose closed. That's essentially when is happening with your fave liquid. The remedy is easy, switch off for a while to a liquid that is totally different than what you normally vape.

My dad is a big tobacco/coffee flavor fan, but found his selections lacking. Going up in voltage helped for a while but the result was the same. I told him try another flavor other than what he liked and don't switch off until that flavor dulls (in this case VB fire & ice, green apple, etc). After a month or two he went back to his daily vape of Boba and he said it was like Xmas day.

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
drinking alot of soda good or bad?

Not really good or bad. I drink Code Red (diet) and Pepsi (diet) and I drink them for a week each, depending on whats on sale. Sometimes when I switch to a different flavor of soda it really messes up my taste buds and they take a day to recover. Keep in mind I go through a 12 pack every two days so I drink a lot.

And changing your vape for a couple days to a week can really help. Thats why its reccomend you find two juices that you like. Vape the one you like the most until you cant taste it , then switch off. It doesnt happen very often, but its nice to have something good to fall back on when it does.

CloudCuckooMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2011
Nashville
www.reverbnation.com
The remedy is easy, switch off for a while to a liquid that is totally different than what you normally vape.

I must have a severe case of something because I have about 7 juices and I can't taste any of em. Granted I was vaping Boba's and Bounty Hunter exclusively but when this happened I even tried some stuff that I shelved a month ago like some Johnsons Creek and I even just got my first bottle of Renegade RY4 but still...no good

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
Contrary to what the majority of people think, your taste buds have *NOTHING* to do with tasting your pv liquids other than sensing if it's sweet, sour, salty, bitter, or umami. It's your nose that actually tastes your liquids. Your nose will acclimate to constant smells over time (same way a dairy farmer no longer smells the cow poop around him, but you would immediately). Try eating your favorite food while pinching your nose closed. That's essentially when is happening with your fave liquid. The remedy is easy, switch off for a while to a liquid that is totally different than what you normally vape.

My dad is a big tobacco/coffee flavor fan, but found his selections lacking. Going up in voltage helped for a while but the result was the same. I told him try another flavor other than what he liked and don't switch off until that flavor dulls (in this case VB fire & ice, green apple, etc). After a month or two he went back to his daily vape of Boba and he said it was like Xmas day.

That makes sense, but I can't taste much either. Both gone despite switching between 5 juices. As for sense of smell, could it be allergies that blunt the juices?

Wingapo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Taos, NM
It's good to hear I'm not alone with my wonky selective taste buds and sinuses. I've started mixing my own juices so I can boost the flavors through the roof and I'm sure if most anyone else tried what I'm concocting their taste buds would go nuts in disgust. Some mixes I've got up to 50% flavorings just so I can barely taste them. I switch off between a bunch of flavors every day and try to give each flavor a rest of a day or so before vaping it again but I love my Honeysuckle Champagne and my Raspberry Tahitian Limeade Champagne soooo much I need them every day.

Wingapo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Taos, NM
I live in a desert so I already have to drink more water than a normal human believes is possible but now I have to drink almost twice as much so I'm thinking of having on of those beer hats rigged for a PV and a 3 liter water bottle with a tube in each corner of my mouth so I can vape and stay hydrated at the same time, but I sure will look ridiculous, won't I? But the menthol is a good idea even though I never thought to smoke them I guess I should try a good vape now to see how it works out. Hurray, another excuse for a whole new series of DIY flavorings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread