How long does it usually take someone to go from smoking to vaping to not doing either?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneH86

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2012
Ohio
Right now I have mostly 24-nic juice with a few 0-nic of the same flavors so I can control the nicotine level. I also have a few 8-nic samples. I have enough juice to last over a month but after that I plan of purchasing 16 or 18-nic juice. I want another sampler pack from Blue Mist vaping. (they give you 5 10ml bottles for $20). Plus I want to try Copper Creek's House Blend.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've vaped for two years now and quit a 2+ PAD habit the first week. Well, not entirely. I decided not to go completely cold turkey at first (did that once and was a nervous wreck for a while). So, I still smoked a couple with coffee in the morning, 1 after each meal, and a couple at night to "relax".

I kept saying that I would quit the last few and never did. My logic was that those few, after tapering down for so long, would not be a problem. But, I procrastinated ... for two years!

Last week, I decided it was time to quit the last few. I had settled into a pack lasting me two, sometimes three days. So, I woke up one morning and handed my partial pack to my wife and announced I was through smoking. I expected to be in withdrawal soon after. A day passed, then two, then three, and I realized that vaping was preventing the withdrawal symptoms of quitting those last 6 or 8 a day. It turned out to be a non-event!

Tomorrow will be a week. Quitting has been a piece of cake. I think vaping would have allowed me to quit just as easily the first month as it did a few days ago. I don't miss it at all, although there are times when this little switch clicks in my head and tells my It's time for my <insert reason> cigarette. I just tell myself that I don't smoke anymore and there's no issue. I don't even think about it.

For a couple or three months now, I have been lighting a cig, thinking how bad it tasted compared to my ecig, and then I'd put it out after a few drags. Once I admitted that I hated them, quitting was easy. I just had to make the decision and it happened.

The hand to mouth habit would have been rough if it hadn't been for ecigs. Having something to simulate the motions of smoking (and get some nicotine) made the difference.

Last edited:

takirb

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
SC
I quit smoking after my very first 808 ecig arrived a month ago. I started at 18mg nic, then immediately dropped to 12mg. Now I'm thinking I can easily go to 6mg. I never really gave the idea of quitting vaping a thought til tonight, and I hope when the time comes I'll be on 0 nic anyways and it won't be too difficult. I think I vape now just as a hobby vs a necessity, I feel fine vaping 0 nic sometimes as it is. Gotta at least vape another month to justify the money I've already spent on vaping though LOL

Tiny

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Wisconsin
After smoking a pack and a half a day for 40+ years it took me 24 hours to switch to vaping.

As for quitting vaping, I'm not interested in quitting at the moment, maybe I will change my mind in the future.

I do plan on cutting down on the amount of nicotine, but give my 3 months off the cigarettes first then I'll start working on it.

ThunderFli

Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
Tulsa
It took me about 7 months to totally quit analogs. I liked the e-cigs (eGo setup) but kept "going outside" to smoke. Over time I went outside less and less until I just didn't go again. I probably could have quit sooner, but just let nature take its course and voila!

I've been vaping for about 1.5 years and will never go back to analogs - they nasty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread