Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
7.50 for how many? I got 50 from Healthcabin for $50. The shipping is a killer, so you may want to buy some other items to keep the price down.

It's $7.50 for a 5-pack at Bluegrass Vapor. Not bad, considering they are prefilled, you can get them much sooner, and not have to worry about customs. Shipping is free, too.

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Impossible to answer with any accuracy to be completely honest. Just as if we had identical cars that were setup exactly the same our mileage WILL differ because of our driving habits, I have a bit of a lead foot so I would get a lot less mileage than someone who drives like a granny. The same principal applies with the e-cigarette, we have different lung capacities, different smoking habits as in how much we smoke, the amount of time spent inhaling deeply or just lightly, all sorts of factors.

I have found that I can leave for the day with 2 carts and be completely at ease and not worried one bit about running out. I can have two carts last me 24 hrs or more without pacing myself or playing games to keep the number low. These are normal vaping numbers for myself.

I can say that the cartomizers last a lot longer than people think they do. I was an early skeptic of the cartomizers when I saw the ads saying that one cart was the equal to a pack of cigarettes especially after having used a m401, and a 510, I was convinced there was no way in the world one cart would be the equal of one pack of smokes but I was proven wrong I am glad to say. While they are called disposable we do in fact refill them with a lot less hassles than those with the 3pc models that require a complete kit to carry with them if they leave the house for any amount of time. I went to the Cardinals/Lions game this weekend and used only one cart the whole drive down, at the game, and into the next day. The only thing I took was 2 batteries (only needed one), 2 carts (once again only needed one), and my JuiceBox which I barely touched.

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
I can say that the cartomizers last a lot longer than people think they do. I was an early skeptic of the cartomizers when I saw the ads saying that one cart was the equal to a pack of cigarettes especially after having used a m401, and a 510, I was convinced there was no way in the world one cart would be the equal of one pack of smokes but I was proven wrong I am glad to say. While they are called disposable we do in fact refill them with a lot less hassles than those with the 3pc models that require a complete kit to carry with them if they leave the house for any amount of time. I went to the Cardinals/Lions game this weekend and used only one cart the whole drive down, at the game, and into the next day. The only thing I took was 2 batteries (only needed one), 2 carts (once again only needed one), and my JuiceBox which I barely touched.

I agree with all this (except the part about going to a Lions game - stop it!). The cartos seem to be really long lasting. I find I switch the battery more than the carto.

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
I agree with all this (except the part about going to a Lions game - stop it!). The cartos seem to be really long lasting. I find I switch the battery more than the carto.

Funny story behind that too! My father and I were driving down to the game from the Brighton area and we both told each other that we really didn't want to go to the game to see them get their brains beat in again. We had both told the other we would go so neither one of us backed out of it, lol! We had a good laugh over that indeed! We agreed that if it was out of hand at the half we would bail and we almost got our wish but that fumble before the half stopped them from making it 24-0 so we stayed and booed that waste of skin Culpepper off the field and were happy as can be when Stanton came out for the 2nd half.

I realize Stanton is not the future but we need to find out if he can be a good number 2 and he has not been given a chance to show that. I thought it was a slap in his face last year when they handed the ball to a 345lb Culpepper with only 2 days of practice under his belt! I believe that idiot has played his last down in Detroit. He spent the 2nd half pouting and not even getting into it when they "rallied". Screw him and the poor horse that carried his fat .... into town.

Delmas is a beast that we better not let go in a 3 years. He is a monster hitter and he plays to WIN every down. That 101 yd int return was a piece of beauty and sparked the rally to tie the game. It's a shame they could not stop them at the end but it was the expected L no matter how they got some breaks in the 2nd half.

Nietzsc

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
México
Ok, so with the opinions that I read so far it seems that cartomizers are good stuff. All the devices I've tried (again 901,510 and 801) are great at home but as soon as you leave the house they are a pain in the .... So I think one of the strongest points of the 808 is that they are hassle free cause you don't have to drip or to tweak your carts constantly. I guess I'll just have to try it to find out about the vapor production, throat hit and flavor and compare to the others I've tried.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Ok, so with the opinions that I read so far it seems that cartomizers are good stuff. All the devices I've tried (again 901,510 and 801) are great at home but as soon as you leave the house they are a pain in the .... So I think one of the strongest points of the 808 is that they are hassle free cause you don't have to drip or to tweak your carts constantly. I guess I'll just have to try it to find out about the vapor production, throat hit and flavor and compare to the others I've tried.

If you already have the 510, 901, and 801, just get the adapter for cartomizers.

E-cig Multi Adapters - Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier=

AltSmoke | Personal Vaporizer Battery Adapters

Blank cartos:
Cartomizers - Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier=

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rts-will-i-like-cartomizers-4.html#post851740

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal

Definitely. A cartomizer on a box mod is smaller than a pack of cigs and works all day with no fuss.

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
An excellent suggestion as well. The box mod batteries will last a helluva lot longer than the standard KR or GC battery and give a consistently great hit and taste.

The idea of using an adapter with a 510 battery doesn't appeal to me because those batteries suck, which is part of the failure in the 510 in my opinion. I have that adapter and in fact I am sending it to someone else right now because I have no use for it. If you want to try cartomizers without purchasing a whole kit, then it is a fine way to do so I just would not use that combo as my main unit.

I still kick myself for not just biting the bullet and playing games with those slightly less expensive 3pc models instead of buying a KR808D-1 or GreenCig from the start. In one way I feel foolish but in another I am thankful because it enabled me to try many different models and get educated on the pros and cons of each one. Once I broke down and bought a KR808D-1 I knew right then that the search was over for what style I preferred.

The good news for you is that the KR808D-1 is priced in the area of the 3pc models anymore so you don't have to debate with yourself whether or not you can afford it. The GreenCig kits have even come down a little in price as well. I firmly believe that once you try out a cartomizer for a day you will not be looking back. Good Luck.

Some cartomizers you can refill many times and they work like a dream, others only last a few refills. I would say on average I get around ten or fifteen refills per carto before I toss them, but then I do wash them out occasionally. The only ones that have ever started tasting bad were because they were burned.

I don't quite understand how you can vape an entire cartomizer in a couple hours, it takes me around eight to ten hours of vaping very heavily to empty one. I go through about 1.5 and sometimes up to 2 cartos a day now.

I have tried blanks and prefilled and they both work great and last about the same. Every now and then you do run into a bum carto but I find it's very rare, but that is why I buy from a vendor that stands behind his product and makes it right. I generally buy prefilled then just fill them with a compatible flavor of juice or rinse them out and reuse them.

Hope this helps!

I agree with you Taryn. I am a fairly heavy vaper. (used to smoke 2+ packs of analogs a day) and I can fill 2 cartos and they will last me all day and into the next, before they need a refill)

I did all the typical trial and error when I first started vaping, but have settled on the KR. It does the trick for me.

Boyd

Shateo

Jun 29, 2011
NC
I am also learning how to use cartos. I got some prefilled V4L cartos and only went through 1 that day, but I've started refilling and now I can't seem to fill them correctly to get more than an hour or two from them. I've tried refilling V4L and new blanks. I've read on ECF and seen a video so I have the basic idea: pop top (I like better than the condom method), tilt, fill about twenty drops, Taryn spin. Should be good to go. I worry I have flooded some. Can I "fix" that or did I kill the carto? Help! Going on a trip and need to have cartos ready to go and dependable!

Shateo

Szn122

Apr 2, 2010
Michigan
To KATMAR:
I'm doing same...on a shoe-string budget:/ MI is hurting still when it comes to employment, so I rely on hubby for my supply. I think I'm gonna try the clear-cartomizer next.

Recently been learning how to re-fill the batting in the KR808-D1's...messy, but at least not nasty tasting. Gonna wash em' next. Have ya tried that yet?

Last edited:

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
I am also learning how to use cartos. I got some prefilled V4L cartos and only went through 1 that day, but I've started refilling and now I can't seem to fill them correctly to get more than an hour or two from them. I've tried refilling V4L and new blanks. I've read on ECF and seen a video so I have the basic idea: pop top (I like better than the condom method), tilt, fill about twenty drops, Taryn spin. Should be good to go. I worry I have flooded some. Can I "fix" that or did I kill the carto? Help! Going on a trip and need to have cartos ready to go and dependable!

Shateo

I'm using V4L cartos most of the time. To refill:
Take of plastic pin. Put it in the hole of a plastic cup (don't remove the cup). Fill a cover with e-juice. Insert the carto in to the cover (tread side down) slowly and watch the pin. As soon as some juice or bubbles showed up under the pin pull out the carto and re-insert again. The whole process will take less than a minute and no mess. Wipe inside of the tread. Enjoy.

Last edited:

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
Easiest Carto Filling Method Ever.

I've found the diameter of the inner tube is just larger than a cut Q-tip. Slide one down the shaft (to stop liquid from going down there) and then fill the top portion of the carto with just under 1ml of liquid. When a few drips of juice come out the battery end, it's full.

Then I pop the top off the bottle of juice I'm using and let the carto finish dripping, sitting on top of the bottle. All the juice that's coming out is dripping from the wick because the filler is fully saturated, not because juice ran down the middle.

Put the cap on, blow out any excess, wipe, and basically it's good to vape. I do usually let it sit for 15 mins or so
first.

Works with any carto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread