Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
My wick last about 2 - 3 days. Change wick but did not change my coil. Usually will pulse my coil till it become red, release the fire button and dip it into water. The gunk will completely removed after 2 to 3 times of dipping. Conclusion is i change my wick twice a week, my coil last for a week.

oh, so you change your 26 gauge coil after a week instead of dry burning?

Reactions: Frederick Hew

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Damn, a lot posts talking about rewicking so quickly.

I do use unflavored, so that probably has something to do with it. I have the same wicks going for months

If you feel like your wicks burn after a few tanks, you can always try and trim some off an existing wick. Sometimes the smallest trim off a liquid channel is all it takes. Of course this isnt that case for very dark sweet liquids.

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
I let my setups run at least a month-2 until they get gunked enough to read higher ohms than originally, but I don't really change my juices too often nor notice much of a taste difference along the way. These days I don't really get dry hits either, so the cotton doesn't really taste burned and that would be my only real concern. And unless the coil pops on dry-burn cleaning, I only change those when I get bored of the current feel.

Don't fix what isn't broken, right?

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
Go on, admit it....You're a fellow Gennie user!!! :)
Nope, Subtank Original, Subtank Mini and Kangertech Emow. Original- I DIY so anywhere from 2-3 weeks, Mini- I run TC so anywhere from 3-4 weeks and Emow- Unflavored so I avg about a month and a half. Now granted, I do use the Emow about 75% of the time every day, that's the reason I say depending on juices and amount used.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I rewick daily but I'm a chain vaper. I go through a lot of really sweet, dessert juices. Sweet flavors will gunk up your coils fast... this causes the cotton to darken and even turn black. The gunk starts to cook and that melds into the cotton.

I change my coils in all my setups about once a month. They would last much longer but they start losing the silver color and I don't like that at all. I use them until I can't scrape them silver again.

It sounds like you are using sweet flavors too. I think it's normal to change cotton often with sweet vapes. If I'm vaping my DIY wintergreen candy or my other not so sweet juices it will last 2 days before changing cotton and dry burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread