Not open for further replies.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
... It's back!! Brought my 1 year 3 week old vamo back from the dead...
Busted the thing apart.. Got out the chip.. Turns out the main button was dead.. Replaced it with a smaller tact button and i am now trying it out in a box mob. Wired a 16mm switch to it and it works.. Will be working on the 2 smaller + and - switches later... But for now, she's a working!!

View attachment 311224 the bits...
View attachment 311225 the box (a "speed stik" lm2596 vv mod is behind it.. Lol)

frankenmod is alive!!

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Still vaping on my Vamo V3...trying out some of the juice my BIL didn't like...this Black Label 555 Spring Vapor 50/50 at 24mg is about to blow steam out of my ears though...woooh!

I bought my Vamo V5 about three months ago. The 510 threading is completely shot. I have several mods, this is the only one I had this issue with. But I ordered it from Fasttech, the threads weren't right since I opened it from the mail. I just figured it would be okay. I was wrong, it got worse and worse, now nothing will go on it. So mine may have been defective from day one. All in all, $30.00 for three months use, can't really complain. Sure cheaper than cigarettes!
You do realize there is an eGo thread just outside that 510 thread right

I am rocking away on some Protank II style mini's and they work GREAT after you tune them up

http://www.fasttech.com/search?ego threaded
P.S. the GS-H2 works AWESOME too!

Last edited:

rucni

ECF Veteran
i got a V4 at christmas and the press fittings came apart from being in my pocket and people knocking it off my desk, but it still works, this happened after a week of use. when the press fittings started to work out i went and got a V3, late december early january. both my vamos are still working but the V3 is my daily vaper and the V4 sits in a box until i can get the parts to convert it into something else, probably more like my V3. both my vamos can be seen in my avatar.

jonhall2

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
cashiers, nc
just ordered another vamo v5 i like mine so well. two months heavy vaping and performs fantastically. the only incidence of a problem happened when i knocked it off the table onto hardwood floor. i had a heavy protank mounted and it landed bad. the press-fit at the top was loose and the fit in the middle that doesn't unscrew also out of line. simple fix was a rubber mallet. hate to say it as this was my only option at the time. took the battery out, stood it up and gave it a tap tap. it went back to original shape perfectly and through it all it never quit working. had to order gun metal finish for my backup. v5's are gaining the recognition they deserve and flying off shelves. at least i will be able to tell them apart older vs. new one. i don't expect the gun metal finish to last and don't care. now both my aerotanks will have a home and i won't have to change tanks between my daily tobacco and my daily banana, juicy peach flavor i concoct and call ape vape. efest batteries work great in any configuration. while two 350's are technically the best setup, i can't tell any difference at 9 watts rms output all the way to low volt display. typically, i don't let it go that far, but sometimes i get busy reading forum and watching videos and forget to check available voltage. vapor alley had 13 left after my order. that is where i sourced my original and efest batteries/charger. bought 4-350's and two hybrid 18650 2250mah on original order so half the set are still in the boxes. at under 60 dollars cost, i consider the vamo disposable if necessary over a provari and i don't have to push a single button numerous times to access menus.
Read on some thread a comparison of the Vamo and Provari. In short, the Vamo is 1/6 of the price of the Provari, so if you buy six Vamos and each lasts two months or more, your Vamos will have outlived the one year warranty of the Provari. Plus, you could keep one in every room of your house and car and office etc. :vapor:

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Read on some thread a comparison of the Vamo and Provari. In short, the Vamo is 1/6 of the price of the Provari, so if you buy six Vamos and each lasts two months or more, your Vamos will have outlived the one year warranty of the Provari. Plus, you could keep one in every room of your house and car and office etc. :vapor:

Exactly why I went VAMO. If VAMO ever increases from ~33Hz to 800Hz and has a SS top cap and threaded bottom and top on the control tube section instead of press fit top and bottom caps, well all I can say is holy cow!

And also agree with menu comments, the button arrangement works very well and easy compared to a single button for everything.

And I prefer VW to VV, set the watts and leave it. In VV I have to fiddle with the voltage a lot more. I change attys, they have different ohms but leave it on 8W and just change the attys. In VV mode you also have to change the voltage.

But to answer the thread question, I don't rightly know when it was but I picked up my V2 within a month or two of it coming out. That's gotta be close to a year. I just picked up my V5 a month ago and have had the V3 for about 6 months. And while the V2 and V3 has seen some major abuse, after self made repairs they are still working great. I had crushed the tube on the V2 which I was able to get back into round and dropped the V3 which pulled the 510 threads but I installed a new head. When I picked up the V5 I also picked up a lanyard and haven't had a single accident.

No issues with buttons either and I vape hard all day. I don't know what the contact life rating is for the micro switches but after seeing the board I know I could replace them if I ever had too and would pick ones with very high cycle ratings.

However, I would like to see the improvements stated above and throw in million cycle micro switches if it doesn't already have them. With those at even twice the cost that it is now, the VAMO would be unquestionably the leader.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
No issues with buttons either and I vape hard all day. I don't know what the contact life rating is for the micro switches but after seeing the board I know I could replace them if I ever had too and would pick ones with very high cycle ratings.

The main button is what went out on mine. Soldering leads to the connections is letting it work like a charm. Waiting for an epoxy to dry now, as I've removed the other buttons and soldered leads to all 3 buttons. Tomorrow the "BAMO" should be fully back in service! ;)

Bill Oso

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
Michigan
If you have a V3 or above where the top cap can screw off, try this: remove the cap, put a rubber o ring around threading, screw top cap back on (but not all the way). This way the top cap will be flush with the 510 connection, the carto tank or atomizer will sit flush on the vamo, and if dropped, whatever tank or device on top won't be as likely to bend/deform/strip the 510 threads. Major gripe about the Vamo was that raised 510 connection. Not a problem anymore.

Finally donated my V2 to a friend as their backup. I had filed down the 510 connection since the top cap can't be removed but nothing would sit flush even then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread