Status
Not open for further replies.

txgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
I've got 2 Vamos, one stays at home at my computer desk. The other is a backup to my MVP for when I'm out in places where it'll be used heavily. Mostly bars. Just about every weekend I'm playing with one of my bands in smoke filled bars. I leave a vamo, ready to use, in my gig bag in case my MVP's battery dies or craps out.

I got my first one about 6 weeks ago and not had a single problem.

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
The connector on mine is pretty much stripped. Light usage over maybe two months. It's now relegated to a stay-at-home ohm meter. Most likely will either take it apart and see if I can't fix it, or give it to my lady for a backup. It's cool and the gang, though, I have my SVD for home and a K-100 for the road, both superior products in my mind.

Bill Oso

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
Michigan
Maybe I will leave my ugly little 510 to 510 connecter on after all (to prolong the life of the threading) but I really hate how it makes the device longer and the tank jut out. Undecided which to buy for a back up, Vamo V3 in stainless steel or Innokin SVD. I don't like the swirl pattern in the Vamo V3 but I like the screen/button configuration better than the SVD. Also read that the Vamo battery life is better for some reason and the SVD telescope wiggles even when fully tightened. Vamo has been good to me so far - 40 days, give or take, of constant use.

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I bought my first Vamo V2 in April of this year, black chrome is still perfect, still vaping perfectly. Bought a 2nd Vamo V2 in May, this time in stainless, still vaping perfectly. I just ordered a V3. They mostly stay at home, I use a Vision Spinner for when I'm out of the house. I always have two or three juices going at once, so they all get about equal use.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
For a little more cost than an ego twist battery (well from fasttech) it is kind of disposable. No issues with mine in 6 weeks and I have dropped mine 3 times. Twice on a wood floor at home and once outside when it fell onto the ground (not pavement). I have the chrome v3 version. Still works like day one so far, and trying to be more careful.

Next mod will be an itaste svd I think, unless something like a provari vw comes out....only time will tell.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Chrome V1 since February 1, 2013. Daily use, say 3 to 5 ml per day through June, now about half that.

Stainless V2 since the middle of May, say 2 to 5 ml per day.

Both are going fine with no problems electrically or mechanically. I have put air controllers on both to save the 510 threads, but for my money, I don't see anything out there that compete in the feature/price/performance range.

I alternate between 18650 and stacked 18350's in both of them with no problems at all.

wbbrn1952

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Pensacola, FL, USA
Guess this thread jinxed me - I was vaping with the VAMO Vivi on Saturday a it stopped working - I put a fully charged battery in I would get 1 good vape and then get a "Lo" on the screen. I could then turn it off and again get one vape and repeat. I contacted FastTech and they are going to send me a new one - I have to get the postage cost to Miami to send the old one back and then they will give me the RMA - sure miss the VAMO - had to vape the whole weekend with my Ego's. BLAHHHHHHHH

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Guess this thread jinxed me - I was vaping with the VAMO Vivi on Saturday a it stopped working - I put a fully charged battery in I would get 1 good vape and then get a "Lo" on the screen. I could then turn it off and again get one vape and repeat. I contacted FastTech and they are going to send me a new one - I have to get the postage cost to Miami to send the old one back and then they will give me the RMA - sure miss the VAMO - had to vape the whole weekend with my Ego's. BLAHHHHHHHH

Doh! I had an odd fear that I would jinx myself, but I have two Vamo V2s and a V3 on the way. Hope they get it to you fast!

piggy

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
New York
Maybe I will leave my ugly little 510 to 510 connecter on after all (to prolong the life of the threading) but I really hate how it makes the device longer and the tank jut out. Undecided which to buy for a back up, Vamo V3 in stainless steel or Innokin SVD. I don't like the swirl pattern in the Vamo V3 but I like the screen/button configuration better than the SVD. Also read that the Vamo battery life is better for some reason and the SVD telescope wiggles even when fully tightened. Vamo has been good to me so far - 40 days, give or take, of constant use.
Have both mods. SVD is much better looking (think of a lightsaber) and mine does not wiggle when tightened, although every now and then it needs a quick twist. The svd is a bit bigger and heavier than vamo (I know it's hard to believe).

Bill Oso

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
Michigan
Update: Same original VAMO V2 in stainless steel is still going strong as my primary device. Have been vaping it everyday, all day, for the last 4 months, taking it to work and back, etc. Have dropped it a few times onto carpet and linoleum. The 510 threading is getting a little loose but tanks still sit snug and don't wobble when fully tightened. Have since bought a VAMO V3 in SS as well as a SVD for backups. Will post again when my original VAMO finally dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread