How long should the 18650 batteries last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
I am just curious how long these 18650 batteries with the extended cap should be lasting before I need to chuck them and get more.

I have 2 and I charge them each about once a day or sometimes less, with a PILA charger. I've been using them for about a month, but I thought I started to notice shorter times between recharge.

How long does everyone use one of these batts for until cycling in a new one?

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I've been using mine since I got my first ProVari in late December, and I've noticed no life span issues. I still go about 24 hours between battery changing.

Although I started out with three of them and moved up to 6 of them. I have them all labeled 1-6 and rotate through, so they each get the same number of charge/discharge cycles. I stopped using the shorty batteries - anybody want them? I have 4.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
I've been using mine since I got my first ProVari in late December, and I've noticed no life span issues. I still go about 24 hours between battery changing.

Although I started out with three of them and moved up to 6 of them. I have them all labeled 1-6 and rotate through, so they each get the same number of charge/discharge cycles. I stopped using the shorty batteries - anybody want them? I have 4.

PM Sent. The shorties last me all day.

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
So the 500 cycle life of the battery is fairly accurate? I just saw that somewhere for these type of batteries. I could go 1.5+ years with using a battery once a day at the same capacity as brand new, or are they decreasing in their charge holding time? I wonder if there are things that reduce the life of batteries, like impacts, etc

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
So the 500 cycle life of the battery is fairly accurate? I just saw that somewhere for these type of batteries. I could go 1.5+ years with using a battery once a day at the same capacity as brand new, or are they decreasing in their charge holding time? I wonder if there are things that reduce the life of batteries, like impacts, etc

Definitely! Batteries are susceptible to impacts, extreme temps, rapid temp change, overcharging, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread