How long should the 18650 batteries last?

Discussion in 'ProVape' started by LegioX, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. LegioX

LegioX Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I am just curious how long these 18650 batteries with the extended cap should be lasting before I need to chuck them and get more.

I have 2 and I charge them each about once a day or sometimes less, with a PILA charger. I've been using them for about a month, but I thought I started to notice shorter times between recharge.

How long does everyone use one of these batts for until cycling in a new one?

2. ScottinSoCal

ScottinSoCal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I've been using mine since I got my first ProVari in late December, and I've noticed no life span issues. I still go about 24 hours between battery changing.

Although I started out with three of them and moved up to 6 of them. I have them all labeled 1-6 and rotate through, so they each get the same number of charge/discharge cycles. I stopped using the shorty batteries - anybody want them? I have 4.

3. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Moved On

PM Sent. The shorties last me all day.

4. asidrave

asidrave Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I average about 4ml's of juice per charge on the AW IMR 18650 1600mAh when using my MAP tanks....x2 provari's. Almost a full 16hr day

5. LegioX

So the 500 cycle life of the battery is fairly accurate? I just saw that somewhere for these type of batteries. I could go 1.5+ years with using a battery once a day at the same capacity as brand new, or are they decreasing in their charge holding time? I wonder if there are things that reduce the life of batteries, like impacts, etc

6. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Moved On

Definitely! Batteries are susceptible to impacts, extreme temps, rapid temp change, overcharging, etc...

7. LegioX

Okay thanks, I'll take extra care of them. I should probably buy a couple more for safe measure..

: provari
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.