How many drops of E-Juice do you put in the atomizer?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Raymond Go Ho, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Raymond Go Ho

Raymond Go Ho Full Member

I just bought an e-cig and I want to know how many drops of e-juice do you put in your atomizer? the e-cig that I bought is a pass through, it doesn't have a cartridge, I put the e-juice directly to the atomizer.

my e-juice is a 30ml 24mg nicotine. is one drop considers as 24mg nicotine already? i'm afraid of getting overdosed here because i chain vape.

2. Vaporilo

Vaporilo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Depends on your atty... Typically it's about 3-5 drops and then vape till nearly dry and just keep your atty wet. I believe it's 24mg/100ml, it's about concentration not content but I could be ( and probably am ) wrong. Regardless your not gonna OD on ejuice unless u drink the stuff.

3. Raymond Go Ho

thats a very good news. i chain vape so i don't want to die on my office chair. i will diy my own e-juice, just to be sure that i'm getting the right stuff :)

4. Raymond Go Ho

bump! i need more suggestions about how many drops i should put in my atomizer. note: i'm a casual smoker, i smoke 15 cigars a day, and it seems that i'm vaping more because i can vape anywhere so kinda want to know if i'm over exceeding my limits.

5. Icoth

Icoth Super Member ECF Veteran

Here’s a link to a sticky in the medical sub-forum. Item 14 addresses nicotine overdose symptoms. It’s hard to give exact equivalents when comparing smoking and vaping, so best to know what the symptoms are, and if in doubt, cut back on the nic. Lots of other good info there as well.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...hen-quitting-tobacco-changing-ecigarette.html

3 drops is the most common recommendation when dripping for a 510, 5 if the atty is totally dry to start with. Drop size and atties vary though, so adjust depending on how things go. If you’re getting gurgling, the atty is too wet. If it tastes nasty, too dry. Goldilocks would have had a hard time with dripping. She probably uses cartos.

6. Raymond Go Ho

hi thanks for the rep. so got a very stupid question because i'm very very new in the e-cig world. so i have a 24mg e-juice. so does that mean that every drop is equivalent to 24mg of nicotine? the bottle is 30ml.. sorry very very stupid.

7. b0redagain

b0redagain Boom... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    It's 24mg per 1ml.

8. Icoth

Icoth Super Member ECF Veteran

Sorry, I'm not sure I understood your questions. I don't think folks measure their nicotine intake by how many drops they use. Strength is measured in mg/ml. Divide the given strength by 10 and you have the percent of nicotine. 26mg/ml juice is 2.6 percent nicotine for example. The official number of drops per ml is 20, but again, that varies a lot. After dripping 3 drops, you can take approximately 5 drags before dripping again. You will get a feel for when you need to drip, the dry burnt taste is not pleasant.

9. pfaber11

pfaber11 Super Member ECF Veteran

It means 24 mg of nicotine per ml of juice. So a 30 ml bottle would have 30 times 24 mg of nicotine. Just over one mg per drop. Hope this helps .

10. Debian

Debian Full Member

I put 2 drops in my 510, 3 is too much

11. WomanOfHeart

WomanOfHeart Vaping Master ECF Veteran

When you drip you can start with 2-3 drops in the atty, vape until the flavor changes and vapor production start dropping off, then add 2 drops. Every time the flavor changes and vapor drops, just add 2 drops. Don't worry about getting too much nicotine because your body will let you know when you've had too much. When I overdo it, my ears start ringing and I get a slight headache. That's my clue to put down the PV for a little bit and drink some water.

12. throatkick

throatkick Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

2 drops in 510 atty. It may require more frequent dripping but the hits are consistent. You put too much in and it starts to gurgle.

13. kevbow

kevbow Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I use a low res 306 atty and always drip 3 drops :).

14. VapingSapien

VapingSapien Full Member

15 cigars a day? You call that casual? Wow, I hope the e cigarette is working for you because that's like eating a large tub of tobacco for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Sorry for going off topic.

15. ChloeEranu

ChloeEranu Senior Member ECF Veteran

If I'm understanding your question correctly, you want to know how much nic is in a drop of liquid? Generally you drip 2-3 drops per time. At 24mg nic, that is 24 mg per 1 ML of juice. It usually takes between 10-15 drops to equal 1 ml.

The reason why 10 drops does not always equal 1 ML is because different vendors use different tips. For example, my Tasty Vapor tip is tiny and I can drip 3-4 drops depending on how dry I let the atty get. With my V4L bottle I drip 2 drops max.. any more and I get juice in my mouth.

Hope I understood and answered your question!

~C

I also forgot to note, that if you aren't experiencing any OD symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it. If you are concerned, you can get a bottle of lower nic juice to use throughout the day, and if you feel like you need to, drop a few drops of the higher nic stuff occasionally and then go back to the lower stuff.

16. rrayda

rrayda Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Number of drops in my atty depends on a few things. When I first start vaping after a good atty cleaning, it's maybe 5 or 6 drops to prime the atty. I'll hit that a few times and maybe only get two sorry little puffs, then it's time for 3 or 4 more drops. Whenever it feels like I'm out of juice, more goes into the atty...the plastic dropper bottles seem to have larger drops, so 3 does it with them, the glass eye dropper style bottles tend to need more like 4 drops.

17. Raymond Go Ho

i see! that clears thing up. thank you very much

18. Raymond Go Ho

yes, you understand my question! thank you!

19. dell77

dell77 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Yes me too... 2 drop only

20. dormouse

dormouse ECF Guru ECF Veteran

24mg per ml. If you didn't chain smoke and you chain vape 24mg then you could overdose on nic or at the very least escalate your nicotine habit. You might want to consider getting lower nicotine if you want to chain vape. Also be sure to drink plenty of fluids to keep your mouth from getting dry and I'd recommend having at least some VG in your ejuice (like 70pg/30vg juice) to help avoid sore tongue and throat.

Some symptoms of too much nicotine - headache, light-headed, rapid heartbeart or worse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.