How many mg of nic do you vape daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
A higher percentage of the nic is absorbed vs the nick in a vape.
It is not a 1/1 ratio.
I'm sure there's a difference. I'm sure there's more nic in my system than when I was smoking. So I ask myself, why not get used to the same nic as when i was smoking. Vaping is not permission to give up all self restraint--unfortunately.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I'm sure there's a difference. I'm sure there's more nic in my system than when I was smoking. So I ask myself, why not get used to the same nic as when i was smoking. Vaping is not permission to give up all self restraint--unfortunately.
Ohh I agree drop your nic level. That is a good thing. Just pointing out that it is not a 1/1 comparison.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States

I think you have it backwards. There's more nic absorbed in smoking than in vaping. You don't absorb all the nic in either one... but more gets absorbed in a cigarette. The particles in smoking a cigarette are much smaller than vapor and absorb at a much higher rate/quantity.

One thing that's really important to understand is vaping is nothing like smoking. You really can't compare the two in any way. Absorption rates are too different.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I think you have it backwards. There's more nic absorbed in smoking than in vaping. You don't absorb all the nic in either one... but more gets absorbed in a cigarette. The particles in smoking a cigarette are much smaller than vapor and absorb at a much higher rate/quantity.

One thing that's really important to understand is vaping is nothing like smoking. You really can't compare the two in any way. Absorption rates are too different.
This! Well said.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Honestly I think there's way less nic in vaping per mg (by absorption). The reason I think this is because about 6 months after I started vaping I smoked a cigarette. I got a huge head rush. When I stood up I felt dizzy and lightheaded from the nic. I had been chain vaping every day throughout those 6 months but 1 cigarette gave me a nic high. There's a huge difference in nicotine absorption when comparing cigarettes with vaping. In fact, there's such a huge difference you can't actually compare the two.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Honestly I think there's way less nic in vaping per mg (by absorption). The reason I think this is because about 6 months after I started vaping I smoked a cigarette. I got a huge head rush. When I stood up I felt dizzy and lightheaded from the nic. I had been chain vaping every day throughout those 6 months but 1 cigarette gave me a nic high. There's a huge difference in nicotine absorption when comparing cigarettes with vaping. In fact, there's such a huge difference you can't actually compare the two.
The dizzyness may have been the carbon monoxide. Nic never effect my balance. The reason I know this is one of my hobbies is slow balance practice on a motorcycle. A bit of lost sleep or an off day can effect that. Nic has no effect on my balance practice or might improve it a bit. After a year of putting no controls on my vaping I've decided it's time for a bit of discipline. May be 30 mg of nic is comparable to smoking days. Hmmm...

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
The dizzyness may have been the carbon monoxide. Nic never effect my balance. The reason I know this is one of my hobbies is slow balance practice on a motorcycle. A bit of lost sleep or an off day can effect that. Nic has no effect on my balance practice or might improve it a bit. After a year of putting no controls on my vaping I've decided it's time for a bit of discipline. May be 30 mg of nic is comparable to smoking days. Hmmm...

That's possible but we really don't know that for sure. Things effect people differently. If I vape my husbands 12mg nic I get a slight head rush. It could have been a combination of the two.

I don't blame you for lowering your nic though. I started out at 12mg 4 years ago. I quickly went down to 6mg. I stayed there for a long time. I'm down to 3mg now but I lowered mine so I could chain vape all day.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
I do about 90 mg give or take a day. I forgot where I read it, most likely here, but vaping was about a half of the amount of nic absorbed than a traditional cig. Most cigs have around 20 mg per cig but only 1 mg is ingested. That is why to get that same satisfaction as a cig, you vape twice as long. If you want, I applaude you for dropping your nic level. :) Everyone is different. Cheers.:toast::vapor:

Reactions: David Wolf

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Reactions: David Wolf

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
It would be reassuring to see more reports in the 25 mg per day range. That's where I'd like to be.
You avoided my questions posed in post #9. What is so magical about 25mg per day? What exactly is so terrible about exceeding it? Is your number framed by intense negative nic propaganda or the facts and science?

Sorry to be asking the hard questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread