How many ml e juice per pack of cigarettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rab D

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Perth, Scotland
I think there are two key variables here.

The first variable is the efficiency with which you habitually absorbed nicotine from a cigarette. The rating on the pack gives the available content in the cigarette; but how much of that you absorbed depends, as earlier posters have noted, on how you smoked.

I think the second variable is how you vape. If you mouth-inhale, and blow out a cloud, most of the nicotine is going with it. If you lung-inhale, and hold it in several seconds (stealth-vaping, in other words) then almost all of the vaporised droplets will settle and be absorbed.

Personally, when I smoked I couldn't produce so much smoke from a cigarette as I now can vapour from a PV; and I could never hold in smoke so well as I can hold in vapour.

So the nicotine content of the liquid is just a start point. I think.

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
It's impossible to scientifically say for sure because there's too many variables.
However, I think it's a safe assumption that you'll have comparable methods/habits with an e-cig that you did with cigarettes.
My observation based on satisfaction:
3mg of vaped nic. ~= 1 full flavor cigarette
so,
1ml of 18mg/ml ~= 6 cigarettes
1ml of 12mg/ml ~= 4 cigarettes
1ml of 6mg/ml ~= 2 cigarettes

When I got good hardware, I was using about 4.5ml of 20mg/ml a day. 90mg total. 90mg/3mg = 30 cigarettes, about right, I was smoking ~35.
I noted a few other peoples comparisons between amount they smoked and amount they vape, and this seems be a good ballpark figure.

I save as bunch using DIY liquids. My vape budget is $10 a week and I still have enough to get new shiny stuff occasionally. Was spending about $50 a week on cigs.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I noted a few other peoples comparisons between amount they smoked and amount they vape, and this seems be a good ballpark figure.

Indeed it does! :)

In the UK (reading around) it is quite normal for people to vape an amount, which "on paper" seems to suggest a YEILD of somewhere around 33% of the total nicotine in the juice (before vaping).

I smoked 15 cigs a day rated at 1.0mg. If I'd tried to vape 1ml of 15mg liquid, that would not have worked... no, not at all.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The rating on the pack gives the available content in the cigarette; but how much of that you absorbed depends, as earlier posters have noted, on how you smoked.

I always thought the rating on the pack was the nicotine that entered a testing machine (as the cig burned) in a lab (like an average smoker, presumably?)

I read somewhere that a 1.0mg cigarette often contains 10mg before you light it.

(or something like that....)

I used to be interested in this stuff, but since cutting back from 24 - 18 - 12 - 6 it seems less important to me now.

I vaped 1.5ml of 6mg today. Can't be much nicotine really, can it?

AH1968

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2014
Brownsburg,IN. USA
Here is what I know from my experience, and how it has worked for me. I was smoking 1-2 packs a day of "Mediums" obviously more on days where I wasn't working or busy, and less on others, but on average 1-2 packs per day. Now when I started vaping, I started at 36mg, and that lasted all of maybe a month, way too harsh, I then dropped to 24mg, stayed there comfortably for about 5 months, and am currently bouncing between 12mg and 10mg with my DIY juice. As for volume of juice, it has pretty much remained the constant. Started off with a Vision 650mah and a CE4, and only used about 10ml a week, upgraded after about 5 months to an MVP 2 and PT2, my volume jumped significantly, using between 3 - 10ml of juice per day or so. Since that time I seem to vape approx the same amount of juice, depending on if I am busy, or sitting around watching a game or movie, regardless of the Mg of nic, but if I drop the nic too low, I chain vape and still have cravings... This is where I am today - 3-10ml of 10-12mg juice and 10 months free of analogs... Loving every minute of it :) Good luck, and Vape On and On and Onnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread