How many other's have you encountered vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
So is everyone closet vapers? Not me - I like showing people and they are usually very inquisitive. I intend to make up some business cards (not for business purposes) but with this website and some companies I buy from just so people don't have to try to remember what I tell them. Small intro to vaping to get them reading!
Good idea

Smokers initially have 3 questions
1. Does it taste like smoke ?
2. Does it really work ... helped you quit smoking ?
3. Where did you get it ?

It's important to advise smokers there are different flavors
and levels of nicotine available so they can find their own satisfaction level.

Question number 3 is important because the smoker realizes
you have been vaping for sometime and know there are e-cigs
on the market that may be junk ... So the smoker here is looking
for where they can get a "Quality" e-cig so not have to go through trial and error thing.

Many smokers have tried a "junk" e-cigarette and continued to smoke
thinking all e-cigarettes are the same.

tomaKBRN

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Puerto Rico
I have been vaping since August and have yet to run into anyone else that vapes (well except for the people here at work I have converted - yeah me).

I live in Central, MO so just curious if location has anything to do with it. Would be interested to see how many people have or have not encountered another vapor in their daily routines?:confused:

I've only seen 1 dude vaping in his car at a gas station, it confused me a little at first but it most definitely was a mod because VP was ridiculous.

Got me curious.

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
I've actually seen several little green lights from ecigs recently. I just saw a Home Depot employee walking across the parking lot with one on my way home tonight. I think it's great! I hope the day comes soon when you see more and more eGos, Provaris, Grippers, etc, as well! Honestly, if people are vaping a cig-a-like and I don't see the light, I probably don't notice. I think there are more and more of us vaping, though. I show off my pretty purple Twist every chance I get! :)

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I live in the DC area, and travel extensively all around the country.
Been vaping for almost a year, and have not come across another vapor yet. Seems amazing to me!
Unfortunately ...
Most vapers will not openly and conspicuously vape in public
for fear of what strangers might think or say.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
Definitely seeing and educating more and more everyday. Smoking area where I work, I am starting to find more people that closet vape with under powered devices.
I have been vaping and off of cigs for 2 years now and I will still go outside to vape to get fresh air when the weather is nice. I get asked all the time now if the ecig works for me. That is when I go into educate mode if they seem interested.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
If every vaper would vape openly in public ...
Few would be posting in this forum (E-cigarettes in public)
because seeing others vaping would be a common place.

Actually, IF All PVs were small white analog look-a-likes ...
More would be openly vaping in public.
Smoking cigarettes in public is no big deal and doesn't draw
a lot of attention ... unless your smoking in a restricted area
:p

PS
My main goto is a black eGo with the large battery.
When I'm out and about ... I vape openly. Of course,
I'm one of those who couldn't care less what strangers might think
so I never even notice people looking at me because I'm not focused
on what others are doing....I'm shopping or whatever and act no different
than if I were chewing gum.

SinisterRaccoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Raccoon City
Have only seen one other vaper so far. In the smoke hut at the school. He was all into his new found toy, however, his takes on the topic was alittle noobish. not that I'm not a noobish member, but I always over research things before I pursue. While I too was vaping, it was more a stealth vape. Just observing. I have since encountered a few ppl who have tried the cheap ones and were not that impressed. As I enlightened them, I almost felt like a salesman, or a preacher of the vape. Hopefully a few new converts will be born soon:)

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
I have not seen anyone in public, but know about 10 or 12 people at work (and I work in a large factory). I think that since there is no real public advertising, if you will, for e-cigs, a lot of people have no idea that there is an alternative to smoking; hence not a lot of vaping going on. And there also could be a lot of stealth vaping we don't know about.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I have not started vaping but will be trying it soon. I have seen two people vaping, one at a wedding reception (the mother of the groom) and one walking out of a store or mall. I guess that is why I am planning to try it. All the pleasure, none of the stink? We'll see.
Try vaping ...
Just think about trying vaping as an experiment to find out 1st hand what its all about.
E-cigarettes are an alternative to smoking ...
This means you shouldn't feel any self-imposed pressure to quit immediately.
Many start out slow and continue to smoke ... but not as much.

My sister has been vaping for 2 years now.
She used to smoke 2 packs a day and now her comfort zone
is 2 or 3 cigarettes a day and says that is where she will
remain ... She's happy and I consider it a success story !!
:)

bzmotoninja83

ECF Live Chat Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Hopewell, Va
Since I've started at this new job, I use my devices like a freight train during lunch. Had a bunch of people ask me about it. Finally more people who VAPE seem to be more comfortable open Vaping at work. One guy uses Blu's and another guy just bought a short Ego setup. If I had known he was going to pay as much as he did, I'd have sold him a setup for about half.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread