How many other's have you encountered vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sellaman

ECF Veteran
I only got my e-cig kit today and asked two friends of mine if they had ever seen someone with an e-cig and one of them them said ..yes!....a friend of his had one.
Apart from that I have never seen anyone with an e-cig. I'm in Australia.

I was listening to talk back radio a week ago and someone phoned in and said he had a e-cig....and I immediately looked up electronic cigarettes with Google and was surprised to find the internet full of e-cig sites ....and e-cigs info on youtube too.

So I bought a kit on the internet and am about to try it out in 5 hours , as soon as my battery is fully charged.

Marb

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Portland, OR
My boss had one that her daughter bought her - she hated it and stopped using it after the first day (shame because it was a "cheap" kiosk kit - about $150, IIRC). That was about 2 - 3 months before I decided to take the plunge.

I saw one guy in a car that pulled up next to me at a red light puffing on a cig look-alike. I was kind of bummed when he didn't see me puffing on mine...

Other than those two (and one kiosk vendor demonstrating her product)... nada... Where are all the vapers in the PDX area?!?

jlarsen

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
Helena, MT
My brother has converted about 13 people to vaping, mostly co-workers, friends and family members, and a couple of people at the bar he frequents. I vape, my wife vapes, my brother vapes, as does his GF, and another friend of ours that lives with us (5 vapers living under one roof). The other day we had six people vaping in my brother's entertainment room, myself, my brother, a friend of ours, our cousin and his GF, and someone else (can't remember who off the top of my head) and the next day there were five of us vaping out in the front yard while having a BBQ. Our cousin works at a tobacco store, and he has convinced the owner to sell eGo kits and 30 ml bottles of liquid (in addition to the disposables the store sold prior to him starting employment there). My brother orders parts and makes kits for the people he has converted. In all I personally know about 10 people that vape, and my brother probably close to 20. However, I don't think I've ever ran into a random vaper anywhere, but I don't go out much.

I work at a Community College in Statesville NC and there are a few students that vape. One of the students actually motivated me to start building my own mods and he started mixing his own juice. It's really cool, we never would have met if it wasn't for E-Cigg. We are now pretty good friends and have an awesome common interest that we continue to build on.

guitarmeetsjake

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Amory, MS
Amory, MS here. I'm sad to say that I, also, have never encountered another person vaping. My brother does it and my best friend was actually the person who introduced me to it years ago, though his e-cig was very weak, had bad-flavored liquid, terrible battery-life, and just overall sucked. He vaped for about a week and switched back to cigarettes. My brother came up with the idea of e-cigarettes since he didn't allow smoking inside his house because of the smell, but I was very skeptical as to whether or not I should attempt buying a more modern, less crappy one. I must say, $40 well spent. Other than my brother and best friend, I've never even seen another person vape, which saddens me :/.. I wish more people would consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread