How Many People have Seen this about e-Cigarettes?

Have you Watched this Senate Hearing?

• I have Watched this Entire Hearing.

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • I have Watched a Most of this Hearing.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I have Watched some of this Hearing.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • I have Not Watched any of this Hearing.

Votes: 33 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
I have watched some of this hearing, meaning just the first few minutes as it seems like I immediately understood the entire stupidity that lies behind it from line 1. In fact, right as I'm typing, I'm vaping a juice that tastes something like banana with some menthol and a touch of pineapple - it must be because I probably never grew up, hence someone should ban the sale of ecigs to me. On the other hand, I also like good tobaccos, which means I'm still addicted, thanks to ecigs, and one of these days I'll probably resume smoking cigarettes (probably unfiltered).

What does this reminds me of? It reminds me of all the Senate hearings against rock music and lyrics in rock music (it seems they finally made it as kids these days seem to be mostly on industrial pop and r&b, kind of newer Spice Girls versions), and how the late Frank Zappa bravely fought the whole scheme.

It also reminds they may be banning ecigs in Europe too, in practical terms, as of May 2016 at the most.

These people that lie outrageously (knowingly or just by being stupid, that probably depends) and are entitled to decide for everyone else while shaping the minds of the people like robots are paid to do so with the tax payers' hard earned money.

Finally, it reminds me it always puts a grin on my face when people say man is "rational".

EDIT: I almost forgot to say I also think they should be more careful when legalizing the sale of [other substances] as there's a clear contradiction there.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

These people that lie outrageously (knowingly or just by being stupid, that probably depends) and are entitled to decide for everyone else while shaping the minds of the people like robots are paid to do so with the tax payers' hard earned money.

Yes... It is Very Hard to Watch.

But I think it is Very Important to people know just what We in the USA are Up Against.

I don't think the Average Vaper understands what some of these Policy Makers are Really like.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I loathe this kind of stuff ... the only reason this is happening, is so BG can hijack vaping for lost tobacco taxes.

I hear you Willy.

Sometimes I would like to just Forget that all this is Going On. And that there Aren't People like Harkin or Boxer or Diane F. in the Positions that they are.

But I just Can't.

And they are still Up There spewing their Lies and Peddling their Garbage to stay in Power.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Speaking the truth is just one of many options when being a politician.

Wouldn't go as far as saying their opinion is that of the highest bidder - but it seems we're getting there faster than is good for society...

Some of these Ellected Officals will Say ANYTHING if they Feel it will Help them be Re-Elected.

BTW - Here is Another Senate Hearing featuring Mr. Zeller from the FDA and Mr. McAfee of the CDC answering Questions about e-Cigarettes.

It is Worth watching to seeh Harkin make a Complete Azz of himself. He Removes all doubt that he Knew Absolutely Nothing at the time of this Hearing.

And it is Funny to Watch Mr. Zeller trying to keep his Cool while having to deal with a Rube like Harkin.

FDA Regulation E-Cigarettes | Video | C-SPAN.org

At least in this Hearing, there were Some Moderate Senators who gave it a Little Balance.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ouch. Flagellants,Scourge --when I see this. Its like shopping without any money. It hurts too much. I have to keep laughing to keep my sanity.

Yeah... Hearing like the ones I Posted are Hard to Watch.

But I think it is Import for people to See just what we are up Against on the Congressional Level. And the Extremes that Some Law Makers will go to using Distortions, Misinformation, and at times Bold Face Lies to Promote their Agendas.

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
I have watched some of this hearing, meaning just the first few minutes as it seems like I immediately understood the entire stupidity that lies behind it from line 1.

What does this reminds me of? It reminds me of all the Senate hearings against rock music and lyrics in rock music (it seems they finally made it as kids these days seem to be mostly on industrial pop and r&b, kind of newer Spice Girls versions), and how the late Frank Zappa bravely fought the whole scheme.

I totally agree that these hearings are totally stupid. The feds are gonna do whatever they want and we will just have to adjust.

Don't forget about John Denver and Dee Snider being at those hearings! My favorite dialogue from those hearings:

Tipper Gore to Frank Zappa: "I wonder what type of toys your children play with at home."
Frank replies: "Why don't you come over to the house and I'll be happy to show you." Frank is, has and will always be the man. His attitudes to the main stream ideas are priceless and his music showed it!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My first Senate hearing I watched in its entirety. That was unbelievably insane. I feel nauseous.

I understand how you Feel.

It is Mind Boggling when I see who we are Fighting against in the Coming FDA Regulations.

But it is Worst to Know that Most People are Completely Unaware of what our Opposition Looks like. Or to the Level they will Lie and Twist the Facts to get what they Want.

BTW - It is Very Cool to see you again. People with 2008 Start Dates are becoming quite rare.

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
I understand how you Feel.

It is Mind Boggling when I see who we are Fighting against in the Coming FDA Regulations.

But it is Worst to Know that Most People are Completely Unaware of what our Opposition Looks like. Or to the Level they will Lie and Twist the Facts to get what they Want.

BTW - It is Very Cool to see you again. People with 2008 Start Dates are becoming quite rare.
:blush: Awww, thank you! I had a good idea what we were up against, but watching this entire, painful hearing was an eye-opening experience. The senators' arrogance and ignorance was appalling! A fantasy went through my mind about squeezing that little Boxer woman's throat until her head popped off - bwahahahahaha! And Rockefeller's reprimanding of the e-cig company presidents during his closing statements was totally uncalled for. I support CASAA and have written to my state representatives telling my story and pleading for them to support the e-cig industry. I was able to quit a pack-a-day habit immediately after beginning to use my first e-cig, a penstyle from Njoy. I saw an online ad when I was searching for help to quit smoking. The ad was very simple and definitely targeted to people who wanted to stop smoking. There was not much available info to research (and I usually research stuff to death before making a decision) but I took a chance and am glad I did. When I showed my doctor my new gadget, explaining to him how it worked and how it was the reason I was able to quit smoking, he was very impressed and totally supportive. Several weeks after getting my e-cig I found this forum. Things sure have changed a lot over the past 7 years in e-cig land!

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Although he quoted questionable/wrong info sources at the beginning, Sen. Thune, the ranking Republican on the committee, handled the situation with dignity in the face of the Democrats' shenanigans. He was overall supportive of the potential for ecigs, spoke against the hysteria, and seemed to use the experience to try to educate himself. It's an enlightening contrast to the trash Sen. Rockefeller opened with, which Sen. Thune immediately followed.

That hearing was last year when the Democrats were in control. Sen. Rockefeller has since retired from the Senate. Sen. Thune is now the Committee Chairman.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Although he quoted questionable/wrong info sources at the beginning, Sen. Thune, the ranking Republican on the committee, handled the situation with dignity in the face of the Democrats' shenanigans. He was overall supportive of the potential for ecigs, spoke against the hysteria, and seemed to use the experience to try to educate himself. It's an enlightening contrast to the trash Sen. Rockefeller opened with, which Sen. Thune immediately followed.

That hearing was last year when the Democrats were in control. Sen. Rockefeller has since retired from the Senate. Sen. Thune is now the Committee Chairman.

With the Change in the Makeup of the Senate, things have Improved.

I'm not saying that everything is Unicorns and Rainbows. Far from it. But we as Vapers are in a Better Place than we were Last Year with regards to Deeming.

Reactions: nicnik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread