How many puffs from 36mg cartridge = 1 marlboro red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
The answer to that question is so subjective, it's impossible to answer with any accuracy.

One cartomizer is approximately equal (in puffs) to 3/4 pack of cigs. The newest cartos have more juice and are closer to a full pack.

Surprisingly, the juice strength has little to do with how much or what brand you smoked. Some that smoked 2 packs of Marlboro Reds per day can't handle anything over 18mg. I on the other hand smoked 1 to 1-1/2 packs of Doral Ultra-Lite 100's per day and even 36mg cartos don't phase me. Unless I'm chain-vaping, that is.

Since you're in Chicago, you have a rare opportunity. On Monday, you could call V4L and arrange a visit for later in the week. Steve, Mark, & crew are very knowledgeable and can hook you up with something that works FOR YOU far better than any of us can.

Still, the search is half the fun for many of us. ;)

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
I am so looking forward to the next event my sister in law hosts in Chicago :)

Yes! I always hated going to Chicago for work. When the opportunity came up to go there a couple of weeks ago, I jumped at it.

Meeting Steve, Mark, Mariano & the rest of the crew was just incredible!

Make sure you have plenty of room on your credit card, 'cause you're gonna want to buy EVERYTHING!

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Spend some time in the Nicotine section - lots of great info and discussion on the subject:

Nicotine - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

According to a quick search on the web, a Marlboro Red has .8mg nicotine per cigarette, so if you are smoking a pack a day, you're getting 16mg of nicotine per day. The nicotine in e-liquid is measured in mg per ml, and there is a little less than 1ml of liquid in a cartomizer. I found a formula in the Nicotine section that stated that approximately 60% of the nicotine in e-juice is lost in the vaporization process, so you need to multiply the amount of nicotine you get from cigarettes by 2.5 to get an equivalent amount. In your case, assuming a pack a day, that would come out to 40mg, so a little more than 1 36mg carto per day, or a little less than 2 24mg cartos per day, etc. I found this formula to be a good starting point for me, but everyone is different. And a lot of folks find themselves vaping more than they smoked at first.

Best of luck finding the sweet spot that works for you!

NJDrew

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
Flemington, NJ
Spend some time in the Nicotine section - lots of great info and discussion on the subject:

Nicotine - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

According to a quick search on the web, a Marlboro Red has .8mg nicotine per cigarette, so if you are smoking a pack a day, you're getting 16mg of nicotine per day. The nicotine in e-liquid is measured in mg per ml, and there is a little less than 1ml of liquid in a cartomizer. I found a formula in the Nicotine section that stated that approximately 60% of the nicotine in e-juice is lost in the vaporization process, so you need to multiply the amount of nicotine you get from cigarettes by 2.5 to get an equivalent amount. In your case, assuming a pack a day, that would come out to 40mg, so a little more than 1 36mg carto per day, or a little less than 2 24mg cartos per day, etc. I found this formula to be a good starting point for me, but everyone is different. And a lot of folks find themselves vaping more than they smoked at first.

Best of luck finding the sweet spot that works for you!

Thats pretty accurate imo. I smoked 1 1/2 packs of Marlboro Reds a day and if I use a strong throat/lung hit carts threw the day im vaping at approx 2 carts per day. It really depends on my day though. Vaping like smoking may change a bit depending on your day. If Im just hanging out all day I vape more, like I did when I was smoking.

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
Chitown is the greatest city on earth. Lived here my whole life...go Sox.

Sorry about that. You see, my job usually had me driving around a lot during the day. Of course, it was usually from one side of town to the other. :(

The traffic alone made me dread going there. If it makes you feel any better, there are several places that I liked even less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread