How many puffs per hour do you take?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by ravenx25, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravenx25

ravenx25 Full Member

I am interested to know

1. how many hits from the e-cig on the average you take per hour -
    2. how strong of a juice do you use strong/medium/light or nic free.
    3. what flavors of e-juice do you use and like the most.

I personally take 10-15 hits per hour i am on 24mg so i am afraid to puff any more then that but will be moving to a medium liquid soon. I am smoking the ry4 and the Marlboro flavor and i am waiting on an order of chocolate to come in

I also wanted to point out that -After the first 3 full days with my first e-cig i feel confidant that i will be able to quit analogs completely within the next few days, i have already gone from a pack a day for (10 years) to no more then 3-4 analogs in 1 day. so i am sure by the end of the week i will not be smoking at all.

2. NPerez

NPerez Full Member

Using 24mg liquid, I find myself taking 2-10 hits / hr . This is my first e-cig and my first liquid, so I can't really comment on favorite juice..

I think the high nicotine content is helping me get rid of the physical need for a cigarette.. 2 hits / hr isn't something I'm forcing on myself.. it just happens, a lot.

3. mshelbz

mshelbz Full Member

At work I do about 10 every 2 hours depending on when I go to break.

At home is about 10 an hour or so.

4. Tc321

Tc321 Senior Member

When I vape at work I usually go about 5 an hour, but at home I vape probably 40+ times an hour. I do rotate between my RN4801, Vx2, and my m201 when I'm at home cause I like the variation, and I'm still breaking in the Vx2 and the m201. I use 18mg carts and juice. I don't have much experience with flavors beyond the JC starter kit, Marlboro from litecig, and menthol, but I really like the JC peach cobbler and Tennessee cured!!

5. ecigarettes4less

ecigarettes4less Unregistered Supplier

I take about 7-12 per hour. Depending on the day.....MED level Nicotine

6. KreeL

KreeL Super Member

At that rate you are getting roughly the equivalent of a single Marlboro Light, or maybe even slightly less in an hour's time. Are you getting nicfits?

7. ravenx25

ravenx25 Full Member

not to bad actually.... Sometimes i will take a few extra hits, but just the few hits i take keep me happy. i will smoke a few cigarettes during the day no more then 3. and i think i will be analog free by next week. and hey even if i still have to smoke 2-3 a day that is a lot better then 20-25 a day

8. ravenx25

ravenx25 Full Member

I think what helps for me is that before the e-cig i when i smoked a cigarette i only smoked half the analog and would smoke the rest later and that is sort of what i adapted with the e-cig

9. Wench

Wench Ultra Member

I'm only on day 3 but so far it seems to be around 10-15 a hour of the 18mg strength. I've been using Cherry but just swapped today to Camel.
    The cherry I noticed I may grab a few extra hits off of because I really liked it and was kinda mellow. The camel not so much as it seems a bit more stronger to me.

10. Stephaniems

Stephaniems Super Member

I cut my liquid to between 18 to 24 when I cut it. Sometimes just vape 36 and way to many puffs to count. Never gotten the shaky sick feeling I could get from stressfully smoking a pack of cigs in a couple hours. lol wow ya'll really count them?

11. jonw

jonw Senior Member

I would say when on the go maybe 5an hour but bahaha when I'm on the computer or watching a movie lets not even try to count. One time from a long day on the computer I went through 3ml of juice in 6hours I no way to much. For me 18-24mg juice is good I like to cut my juice to exactly 20mg that seems to be the sweet spot for me.

12. mokeyjoe

mokeyjoe Senior Member

In the evenings I can easily get 40 drags an hour for several hours at a time (sometimes interspersed with the odd cigarette) and get through 2 or 3 M401 batteries in a night. I'm on 16mg liquid right now. Nicotine doesn't seem to do much for me, I don't notice any effects from constant vaping, and I never really got any buzz from cigarettes either. It's the habit and the taste I enjoy.

During the day when I'm busy, often it's zero. I don't find I get cravings when I can't vape in the same way I used to get cravings when I was on cigarettes alone.

I still smoke about 1-5 roll-ups a day, down from about 20. I hope to put them aside completely before I'm 30 next year.

13. Wlfwo

Wlfwo Full Member

Oh heck, I never seem to put it down at home. LOL I am vaping at about 8-9mg though. I buy the 11-12mg and cut it with VG. I have half a dozen flavors going through the day, orange dream, mint, vanilla, tenn cured and original tobacco flavors to name a few. I am completely off analogs and plan to stay that way.

14. thoqub

thoqub Senior Member

yeah with only 15 hits youre getting like one analog

15. RedZone

RedZone Moved On

Thoqub, thought you were still waiting for the "sorry" chinese to ship yours? Why are you reviving dead threads that are 6 months old, with meaningless snivel?

16. Turco Chips

Turco Chips Super Member

me?.....it seems like I'm vaping constantly at home. 40-50+ draws per hour...although I haven't counted. :)

At work...maybe 15-20 draws per hour at my desk.

TC

17. thoqub

thoqub Senior Member

Alas! There is a common soul in the world! Whenever I use the word "draw" everyone thinks i mean to draw on the cigarette with a pen!:evil: Does that happen to anyone else?

18. pianoguy

pianoguy Vaping Master Verified Member

Supporting member
    Just for grins, I counted one day last week - I got busy and had to quit counting after about 8 hours, but based on that sampling I figure somewhere between 7-10 per hour. Probably more than that when I'm at home.

19. martha1014

martha1014 Ultra Member

I have no ideal how many puffs I take in an hour. Im sure it is too many to count. I use 36 mg. and almost vape constantly. I love it.

20. jj2

jj2 ECF Guru Verified Member

Supporting member
    If I counted, I'd probably shock myself.8-o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.