• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How many Tabs or programs to you have open on your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelbeethehmmrgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Belle, West Virginia, United States
I have 8 tabs on my phone browser all ECF. The TV going and 4 programs going on the computer, editing ebooks, music, my resume, and playing solitare. So how many tabs do you have open and programs running? Ooooh and I want to be the Sock monkey from the Kia Sorento commercial. :p

Oh new warehouse???

Hulu going on one tab, the rest well ehh.

At work 10 programs in general of tools, laptop 1-4 running and working on 1-10 phone repairs while having to converse with the mouth breathers. all while trying to get as much or as little as possible without people waiting 20 minutes in line.

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
At any given moment I always have roughly this open:
Outlook
AutoCAD (with 5 drawings open)
Photoshop (with 7 or 8 open files)
Internet Explorer (13 windows/tabs open)
(Television is almost always on next to my monitors)

The above list doesn't include anti-virus, firewall, etc. that automatically turn on upon boot. I've also skipped listing my other 2 pc's (3 pc's using 2 monitors).

Anyone know how much is TOO much? :)

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
At home? It's usually World of Warcraft + at least 1 browser window + VLC (a low-profile media player)

At work? Probably at least 3 maybe 4 browser windows (one of them open to Salesforce, another to Last.FM), our bug-track software, a few Word docs, a few screen capture images, and Lotus Notes. alt-tab, alt-tab, alt-tab

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I hate that you got dibs on the Sock Monkey.

I only have dial-up here at the house or I might be a little more tab trouble with all the possibilities on the web and no client diversions.

At the studio where I have hi-speed I have Huffington Post, the weather, ECF, Photoshop, WebPlus, Outlook, Zuma's Revenge, and did I mention 2 to 2O people I'm "dressin up and shootin" and then showing them their portraits and printing and matting and framing. That's from 11 to 5 on Saturdays and fewer hours on other days.

Here at home I usually only have ECG, Outlook, Zuma's Revenge, Pocket tanks, Quickbooks, stereo, and the 100 other little piles of things all around my desk and room that need attention, sorting, filing, organizing. I am wondering where all this came from and how "it" came to be piled so high since the last time it was all neat and tidy which seems like not that long ago. Then there is taking breaks to play my flutes, feed the cats, do dishes, wash clothes, put away clothes, and talk to family/friends on the phone. Most of these tasks are done simultaneously with mixed results. Multi-tasking is the term I believe the amateurs use. :cool:

Now I have to go and add this thread to the 73 others I am following.

vape On!!!!!

Shelbeethehmmrgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Belle, West Virginia, United States
Scattered, that's funny I have a ton of wool to spin, a crochet afgan to finish, a load of laundry I have half folded and that just the stuff I have started I can remember. I am sure there are other projects around the house that I need to finish but ECF and thought of my juice box which was mailed Thursday and has not arrived yet distracts me. I want it now!!!!! :)

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Lets see right now less open than normal.

Laptop docked to desktop setup:

1st instance of FF work related: gmail and 2 other tabs
2nd instance of FF: Hotmail, USPS, Pogo, Wincustomize, and 2 others
3rd instance of FF: 6 ECF tabs
Excel, Impules, Trillian (connected to 3 messenger services) with 3 convo windows open

Desktop:

FF: Netflix watching tv shows
Opera: to get to other shows and movies that aren't on Netflix

Holy Cow, do you ever see the sunlight??? This is directed at ALL of you. I thought having 5-6 programs open, cell phone going a call waiting and people lined up in my office was multi-tasking but you guys have re-invented it.

LOl being in the sunlight isn't always any better. Probably going to be starting back to work at my old job soon (seasonal) but only doing scheduling and directing(managing) from home this year for them. When I used to do scheduling plus more on hands management I had 2 cell phones on me at all times along with my laptop and that can get to be a real annoyance when driving and trying to deal with 2 phone calls on separate phones along with a person on hold on each phone and needing to pull over to be able to look things up on the laptop lol Adding a bluetooth stereo to my truck last year helped a bit with that.

You should have seen me driving my Wrangler(stickshift of course) with no top and no doors all windy trying to pull all that off a few years back though :D

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Thy, doesn't that impede you ability to carry and use an e cig while also drinking coffee?

lol ... that was before e-cigs so it was easier to hold a cig in my mouth while talking. And I gave up coffee at 16 and haven't touched it since ;)

Although the fact that the majority of the time I have a 2 liter bottle of pepsi at hand can make taking a drink an issue while trying to do the rest lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread