• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How many Tabs or programs to you have open on your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly shelbee currently I have 12tabs in chrome 7 in firefox and 4 in another chrome. and about 12 programs running. in the tasbar and then by the clock i have 7 hidden.

this is my light duty... since i rebooted earlier.
& yet have i got taxes done, insurance report, k1 process or scripting & few other things that must be done... HELP I get sidetracked easy and never in the mood.

Iceshack

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2010
Smiths Falls,Ontario
This is way to funny. I have finally found a place that I actually feel like I belong. I am ADHD dyslexic and and I forgot what all they said.hmmmm you gotta hate when that happens. My daughter just got the Dr's report ADHD OCD and backing talkwords as well.
Hi I am terry and I am all of the above. I actually just counted and i ahve 22 open.....lol My wife gets mad and asks me why do you always have all those tabs open. You can't possibly be looking at all of them. And I love spell correct.....lol

shadowcptn

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Northern Illinois
Let's see... 5 tabs on firefox, 3 on ie, 9 functional programs running (the rest are system files/programs). Two non-alcoholic drinks going, just closed my winamp & turned the T.V. off, as I have my iPod running. <wink> (oh yes, plus I have 24 rooms open + several PM's on two IRC servers)

Last edited:

mmmelaney

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
Seattle, WA
Are you kidding me? I have gone way beyond tabbed browsing. In Firefox I have installed 3 extensions that allow me to really indulge my sidetracked ways.

In ReadItLater I have over 600 of links saved that I will probably never actually read later.

In Too Many Tabs I have 15 sub toolbars with at least 30 saved tabs each that I need to get back to (thats 450 tabs.)

And last, I use Taboo to save screen prints of pages that I can search for useful information I've found. There are hundreds of pages saved in there.

Oh and I almost forgot about Evernote where I save notes about things I'm looking up.

I actually organize my distractions!

mmmelaney

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
Seattle, WA
I guess I just find that I really need things to be in my face in order to remember to get back to them. If I close my tabs I won't remember to finish what I was working on. That's my theory on why we have so many "piles" of things to do everywhere.

I actually enjoy my piles because often, if I wait long enough to get back to them, the task has taken care of itself and no longer needs to be dealt with. I can throw the piles or tabs away. :)

Awful, I know but I am surprised at how often it works.

Spankmeister

Feb 22, 2010
South Florida
Answer:
Too many to mention...LOL
While at work I have, at minimum, 35.
Many are multi-tabbed programs, like my custom MMC that has AD(Users and Computers, Sites and Services and Domains and Trusts), Group Policy Editor, DNS, DHCP, Exchange 2003 (for our public folder environment), a remote desktop area with 50+ servers that I connect to and Computer Management.
At least 3 or 4 Windows Explorer windows open.
Multiple Excel (Budgets, YAY!...not), Word (Project Management, YAY!...not), OneNote (Best App in MS Office suite, bar none) and PowerPoint.
Multiple apps for different tasks like Konica Minolta Data Administrator, RAdmin, IE, Chrome, Acrobat, CMD prompt, Sharepoint Designer and Reflections Virtual Desktop to name a few.

All those are just what is open at the current time, I did reboot recently, so that list does grow and grow and grow and grow...LOL

Raudoc

Aug 18, 2010
Casa Grande, AZ
OK i cant do what i like to do as i dont have the equipment to do so. but when i do have it all set up i will have 2 towers runnign on 4 monitors running 3 MMOs and surfing the web with several tabbs and have a TV going and maybe my own personal music playing in the background on either my iPod or on one of the towers. did i mention that the MMOs were all the same just runnign multipull accounts at once and playing them all activly?? now i have the laptop that im using and if i ever get my towers back up and running then i will have to add mor things to do along side what i have allredy listed.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not sure I understand the question. But does this video answer it? :unsure:

8 Samsung SyncMaster 713v Flatscreens connected to two dual core PCs.
(2 are offline due to a bad video card. :facepalm: )

Oh my, YOU WIN!!!!!
I have big envy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread