How many times can you recharge the 14500? 18650?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Can I use this battery in my grand?

Ultrafire 18650 2400mah ULTRAFIRE-18650-2400-PTD 1 7.95
BUTTON TOP Protected
Rechargeable Lithium
Battery Li-Ion UF18650

If you're a LR atty/carto user, consider an AW IMR 18650. Vendors will be stocking the 2000 mAh AW IMR 18650 in the next week or two. :)

Laszlo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2011
Australia
I honestly appreciate you responding on this thread, as i've been thinking about it all day, and even my husband couldn't really give me an answer. Ultimately i'm trying to understand the life expectancy of the rechargable li ion batteries, and how volts relate to mAhs.

mAh - miliamperehour is standard unit of capacity of battery. 600mAh simply means that if you connect battery to the load (such as atty) which constantly draws 600mA of current the battery will last 1 hour. If your atty draws 1200mA it will last half an hour, and so on. Mind you these figures are theoretical as the chemistry of battery plays big role and in real life the figures will be smaller as it it impossible to completely drain battery (unless shorted).

In short: bigger the mAh number the bigger the battery capacity i.e. in the same circuit or application, battery will "last" longer.

Relation to volts: via Ohm Law. As in first example, if battery was 3.7V to draw 600mA the atty must have 6.1666 ohm of resistance. (resistance = voltage divided by current)

Hope this helps. :toast:

Last edited:

Xaria

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Back in the Holler-VA
If you're a LR atty/carto user, consider an AW IMR 18650. Vendors will be stocking the 2000 mAh AW IMR 18650 in the next week or two. :)

They are in stock now at RTD and I snagged a few. I did question the length of the newer IMRS on his supplier thread, as I am weary after having a button melt to a longer battery.

on3i

Verified Member
Jun 24, 2010
California
They are in stock now at RTD and I snagged a few. I did question the length of the newer IMRS on his supplier thread, as I am weary after having a button melt to a longer battery.

Not sure where I read it today, but there was a picture. The 2000mAh was SLIGHTLY longer, but the REOnaughts where saying it will work. Just picked up 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread