How many volts can the Sigelei Kick handle or has used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Evolv's original Kick was designed to use a single battery only. Since the Sigelei version is a copy of Evolv's basic design, I doubt it would reliable handle more than 4.5 volts or so on a constant basis. There are warnings against stacking batteries with the Kick, and I believe it voids the warranty, so going above 4.2 volts is probably not a good idea.

Most LM2596 step-down transformers have a mechanical adjustment, have you looked here? lm2596 | eBay Most of them are from Hong Kong/China, but the ones I've bought and used were sold/shipped from the U.S.

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
Evolv's original Kick was designed to use a single battery only. Since the Sigelei version is a copy of Evolv's basic design, I doubt it would reliable handle more than 4.5 volts or so on a constant basis. There are warnings against stacking batteries with the Kick, and I believe it voids the warranty, so going above 4.2 volts is probably not a good idea.

Most LM2596 step-down transformers have a mechanical adjustment, have you looked here? lm2596 | eBay Most of them are from Hong Kong/China, but the ones I've bought and used were sold/shipped from the U.S.
I understand,thanks.
I've got to drop my mg level again.I think I'll drop to less than 8mg.I like the mini-subs better than the large subs and I'm finding 3 holes punched in carts help alot also.I'm not real fond in stuff in carts,is it nylon???,so I might start making my own coils also.
Is there any atomizers or carts that don't release any fibers?
The Bandit I was going to order but I wanted to drop mg level 1st.It also requires some modifying by removing wicking but I'll have to learn about wicking sooner or later.
What is some good wicking material or maybe a the braided stainless coils may be the way to go?
A good tank,the mini's work very well so do subs but that can be a tad more tedious,but that just my personal taste.I have had he large tanks just keep on working but I'm finding 3 holes works better.They are hard so a good punch,drill and proper vice is needed.

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
I understand,thanks.
I've got to drop my mg level again.I think I'll drop to less than 8mg.I like the mini-subs better than the large subs and I'm finding 3 holes punched in carts help alot also.I'm not real fond in stuff in carts,is it nylon???,so I might start making my own coils also.
Is there any atomizers or carts that don't release any fibers?
The Bandit I was going to order but I wanted to drop mg level 1st.It also requires some modifying by removing wicking but I'll have to learn about wicking sooner or later.
What is some good wicking material or maybe a the braided stainless coils may be the way to go?
A good tank,the mini's work very well so do subs but that can be a tad more tedious,but that just my personal taste.I have had he large tanks just keep on working but I'm finding 3 holes works better.They are hard so a good punch,drill and proper vice is needed.

I ordered a Bandit and some more e-liquid.If I remember correctly you might be able to speed up steeping by increasing the amount of air that can contact oils.If you can find some pure glass marbles pour them in a bowl but heat bowl and marbles in an oven at a low temp,say 150-200 degrees,then pour oil over marbles and slightly swirl.This will increase evaporation rate.
I may loose a small amount of liquid but it may highly increase steeping time.
I'll experiment and post results.I'll post liquid lost,hopefully less than a tank full,loss will be close to oil left on marbles and surface of bowl,but steeped liquids do taste much better.
Has anyone tried olive oil for base.Olive oil is Europe's cream and butter and comes in many grades.I add it to my coffee and other warm drinks and it will help with many internal problems due to age.It gives a creamy tatse and you can add sugar or honey and if warm oil will disolve in liquids.
Another good drink is Aloe Vera juice,fruit of the desert.It will help acid reflux and increase appitite,but use carefully for it will give you spring fever if more than 1 cup is used.It'll help urine flow also.

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
I ordered a Bandit and some more e-liquid.If I remember correctly you might be able to speed up steeping by increasing the amount of air that can contact oils.If you can find some pure glass marbles pour them in a bowl but heat bowl and marbles in an oven at a low temp,say 150-200 degrees,then pour oil over marbles and slightly swirl.This will increase evaporation rate.
I'll experiment and post results.I'll post liquid lost,hopefully less than a tank full,loss will be close to oil left on marbles and surface of bowl,but steeped liquids do taste much better.
Has anyone tried olive oil for base.Olive oil is Europe's cream and butter and comes in many grades.I add it to my coffee and other warm drinks and it will help with many internal problems due to age.It gives a creamy tatse and you can add sugar or honey and if warm oil will disolve in liquids.
Another good drink is Aloe Vera juice,fruit of the desert.It will help acid reflux and increase appitite,but use carefully for it will give you spring fever if more than 1 cup is used.It'll help urine flow also.

I may have to try more liquids for I do like throat hits,but it can highly aggravate acid reflux.
If anyone has simular side effects,is the liquids that may not be so harsh on throat?Smoking real cigs just was tearing my insides up.
E-cigs help but I can still over due an e-cig.
Nicotene does help my bones from aching but at the cost of throat,I may need another alternative.

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
I may have to try more liquids for I do like throat hits,but it can highly aggravate acid reflux.
If anyone has simular side effects,is the liquids that may not be so harsh on throat?Smoking real cigs just was tearing my insides up.
E-cigs help but I can still over due an e-cig.
Nicotene does help my bones from aching but at the cost of throat,I may need another alternative.

I do notice that by pointing tip up so vapor hit roof of mouth instead of back of throat,it does help.I may have to get one of those 45 degree mouth pieces.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011

I suspect you will lose a lot of liquid that way. I'd suggest at least trying my method of dropping the closed container of juice in hot water (not boiling), then removing and shaking vigourously after the water's cooled. You can do it a couple of times, but I've found it to reduce the steeping time greatly. I've also found that adding a couple of milliliters of already steeped juice to the newly arrived liquid greatly speeds up the steeping process. I know it's speculated that steeping is a function of oxidation of the liquid, but I'm more inclined to think that it's a matter of synthesis and catalyzation from what I've observed. I have not found loosening or removing the lid of the bottle to affect steeping time to any noticeable degree, but I have found heat to be a very strong factor.

Olive oil would not make a very good base for vaping liquids. The smoke point is far below the boiling point, so you would actually be smoking the olive oil long before you would be vaping it.

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
I suspect you will lose a lot of liquid that way. I'd suggest at least trying my method of dropping the closed container of juice in hot water (not boiling), then removing and shaking vigourously after the water's cooled. You can do it a couple of times, but I've found it to reduce the steeping time greatly. I've also found that adding a couple of milliliters of already steeped juice to the newly arrived liquid greatly speeds up the steeping process. I know it's speculated that steeping is a function of oxidation of the liquid, but I'm more inclined to think that it's a matter of synthesis and catalyzation from what I've observed. I have not found loosening or removing the lid of the bottle to affect steeping time to any noticeable degree, but I have found heat to be a very strong factor.

Olive oil would not make a very good base for vaping liquids. The smoke point is far below the boiling point, so you would actually be smoking the olive oil long before you would be vaping it.

I'll try what your saying.
I'm looking forward to bandit.The Zmax is working great.

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
I'll try what your saying.
I'm looking forward to bandit.The Zmax is working great.

Bandit works very well.It's well worth the small extra cost for it just works great.If you like sub tanks you'll like Bandit.
I do like my Zmax and Bandit,they really compliment each other.Button in tank hits button in Zmax very well.

If I want less throat hit what's another type of e-liquid I can try.
I'm using e-cigs as a stop smoking device.
The Bandit is smoother on my throat also.

Last edited:

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Generally speaking, the less nicotine the less throat hit, but I think there's a point where it stops making a noticeable difference. I generally vape 5-6mg and I really can't tell a difference (as far as throat hit) between it and 0mg--and for a lot of (but not all) flavours I can't tell a difference in the throat hit between 5mg and 10mg.

As far as the liquids go, the accepted wisdom is More PG = More Throat Hit and More VG = More Vapour. In my personal experience there is not necessarily such a direct 1:1 correlation, but it is what "everybody knows."

On the other hand, my "experience" may not be the best to go by here since I smoked Camel Regulars (non-filtered) for thirteen years before rolling my own the last nine years I smoked--and at no time could I manage to choke down "lights" or "ultra-lights" because they ripped the heck out of my throat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread