How much do you spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VincentMighan

Apr 28, 2015
So a lot of ex-smokers come to camping for both the healthy reasons and the cost effective reasons.
However let's not kid ourselves
ONE OF THOSE THINGS JUST DOESNT BELONG
Personally my lovely minimum wage check goes out the door to the vape shop REALLY QUICK. I'm a very heavy caper, and I tend to run out and spend about 40 a week. Granted I like to buy new builds and explore my options but still. How much do you spend?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
So a lot of ex-smokers come to camping for both the healthy reasons and the cost effective reasons.
However let's not kid ourselves
ONE OF THOSE THINGS JUST DOESNT BELONG
Personally my lovely minimum wage check goes out the door to the vape shop REALLY QUICK. I'm a very heavy caper, and I tend to run out and spend about 40 a week. Granted I like to buy new builds and explore my options but still. How much do you spend?

What?:blink:

Auto Correct wrecking your Post?

Since learning DIY, I usually spend an average of a few dollars a week. Once in a while I treat myself to a new mod or tank.

Last edited:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
If you are on a tight budget, a B&M may not be a good option. I do my shopping at FastTech, make my own coils for the inexpensive Orchid, and mix my own juices. I have averaged $30 a month for quite a while, and expect to reduce my spending even more in the future. Dollar-A-Day Group | E-Cigarette Forum Once you have found what works for you, spending generally tapers off. So long as you resist the next new shiny.

Reactions: VincentMighan

Nibs91

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Ohio
I don't spend much, especially not on juices or setups. The one and only flavor I truly love is USA Menthol by MBV. I haven't found a "secondary" or "part-time" vape. So essentially my cost is $33-ish every 2 months for a 240ml bottle of it. This ejuice is clear 50/50 mix. I get a LONG lasting coil life with it.

Plus my crafty vape subscription $46....this is only my second month with them. My flavor profile was so limited they emailed me and said they couldn't formulate a box with what I had selected!! Lol so I opened it up a bit. My problem is I can't handle the sickeningly sweet vapes like most everyone loves.

In terms of hardware I had been going with my istick20 and 2 nautilus minis since November 14. I just got my subtank plus and istick50. I think it will be a good investment. I'm not the type to buy the latest and greatest, but I needed a new setup. My nautilus mini is a pathetic 2mls.

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Wife and i got into vaper about 2 or 3 weeks ago. First week cost less then both of our cigarette budgets ($200 two weeks combine). Next week after that spent about eh almost $100 at the local b&m trying different stuff. This week I've been looking at ordering online even some of the more expensive juice online is cheaper then the b&m. Like I keep hearing about nicoticket, alhusion, and itcvapes. Think I'll drop some cash at nico and maybe a bottle or so from itc. Would go straight with itc prices are amazing but need something vape ready lol so I can escape the b&m I mean it's still cheaper then real smokes but I think I can make it even cheaper.

Idea the wife and I had was just start ordering from itc large 240ml bottles two a week until we just have a insane closet full of flavors lol but worried not sure how long juice stays good.

Eekins

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
So my wife and I just went through last months spending and apparently my cost effective way of quitting smoking is costing too much. Sigelei 150w, smok m80, kennedy clone, freemax starre + multiple gauge kanthals for my builds .. atleast i make my own e juices now =). However we calculated I actually vape approx. 30-40ml a day =S. Lucky i dont buy premade juices and mix 3l batches now.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
toys are fun but I quit for my health and to save money. My family is low income and our cigarette budget was 60 bucks a month for me and my husband. We couldn't even afford that so we smoked those nasty cigarette like cigars. That is why we switched over to vaping. We started out on cheap ego t batteries that came with throw away clearomizers. Thanks to a fellow vaper we have been able to get better gear.
Then I realized how much juice we were going through and 25 bucks for 50mls was not cheap enough for the 2 of us to vape the whole month so I got into diy. Now my husband and I are only vaping less than a dollar worth of juice and that is together. A big money saver and the convienence of many flavors and it only cost me a months worth of cigarette money to buy the supplies I needed. I am now in month 2 and havent had to buy anymore juice and got lots more left :) Now I am healthier and I have some extra money to spend on things that are more important like my son :)

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Knowing what I know now, I could probably pick out a very cost effective setup for a new vaper. However, I only know that because I've acquired so much gear to enjoy. So no, vaping isn't necessarily saving me money...

However, it doesn't have to be expensive. But I enjoy my hobby and enjoy trying new things. I think if I actually went through my vape gear, I could probably sell off some and recoup some of the money. But I'm going to save it to PIF to new vapers.

Reactions: ellejewell

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I spent a lot of money in the beginning. Trying new mods, atomizers, juice etc. I finally found a mod I love, up to five of them now, about seven good attys, I make my own juice, build my own coils. Hardly spend any money now. As someone else said, just treat myself to a new mod every now and then. Big savings from a $16.00 a day smoking habit :)

Reactions: ENAUD

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
while the initial costs are doubting.....that's all it is, initial cost....once you have the gear, all that's left is the juice ;)
and while the gear can be costly and time consuming finding what does and doesn't work for you.....there are a lot of cheaper options out there...
as a single mother living just above (barely) poverty, vaping wasn't a cost effective measure at first, but my motives were to lower my spending and also for mine and my kids health as I kept finding my self more and more smoking in the car with my kids :(
i highly suggest always before buying anything asking here first because, i might be the queen of search and find some good deals, there's aways someone else that has seen a better deal ;)

and honestly if it weren't for fasttech i'd not have been able to afford to vape
if you don't mind buying from china and can wait a month on shipping (sometimes faster, but plan on a month and don't hold your breath) FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics has a lot to offer at good prices, mostly clones but they do carry authentics and are usually about half the cost of other places and this also helps you to try new and different things until you find what does work best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread