How much do you spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
while the initial costs are doubting.....that's all it is, initial cost....once you have the gear, all that's left is the juice ;)
and while the gear can be costly and time consuming finding what does and doesn't work for you.....there are a lot of cheaper options out there...
as a single mother living just above (barely) poverty, vaping wasn't a cost effective measure at first, but my motives were to lower my spending and also for mine and my kids health as I kept finding my self more and more smoking in the car with my kids :(
i highly suggest always before buying anything asking here first because, i might be the queen of search and find some good deals, there's aways someone else that has seen a better deal ;)

and honestly if it weren't for fasttech i'd not have been able to afford to vape
if you don't mind buying from china and can wait a month on shipping (sometimes faster, but plan on a month and don't hold your breath) FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics has a lot to offer at good prices, mostly clones but they do carry authentics and are usually about half the cost of other places and this also helps you to try new and different things until you find what does work best for you.

Check in out fasttech damn good prices even if u gotta wait a month I was thinking about picking up a Atlantis 2 for myself and giving the wife my nautilus mini at those prices think I'll pull the trigger on it. Thanks

Reactions: 3mg Meniere

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
If you are on a tight budget, a B&M may not be a good option. I do my shopping at FastTech, make my own coils for the inexpensive Orchid, and mix my own juices. I have averaged $30 a month for quite a while, and expect to reduce my spending even more in the future. Dollar-A-Day Group | E-Cigarette Forum Once you have found what works for you, spending generally tapers off. So long as you resist the next new shiny.
Searched for that group but I got an error message. could you repost the link? I'm all about saving!!!

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
In the last year - I have spent less than $100. Using all rebuildables and DIYing my juice. Oh and sitting on a two year supply. Might need some basic purchases with flavoring, wire, or batts, but that is about it... I use my savings to enjoy my retirement more and simplifying my hobby ways...

Sarasotared

Feb 26, 2015
Sarasota fl
Well I'm new 2 mths and bought way too much of everything juice coils clearomizers at every step of my vaping ladder. I think I have my final setup for a while.....I installed a vape app that keeps track of how much I smoked spent on smoking and how much I've spent in vaping. So for I'm in the hole $1850 would have spent $600 on cigarettes so that a net $1250 over. My new goal is to get out of the red:)

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
The original intention for me when I started vaping was to get off cigs and save money. I didn't have a lot of the health issues that many smokers have (the hacking cough, etc.) so health wasn't really on my radar. The $3,500+ a year I was spending on cigarettes was. Granted I did go way overboard on shinyitis, and spent over $3,000 on gear and juice in the 3-1/2 months I've been vaping. Some of the stuff that I purchased I never even used and just gave away to other vapers. I'm now down to five mods (with one on the way) and two RDA's and about 10 tanks (with only 5 being used regularly). I've got enough replacement coils to last me for the rest of this year and then some. My one big spendable nowadays has been "premium" juice and I have about 800 ml stockpiled. If I stick with premium juice and replacement coils, my running costs should be less than 1/3 of what I spend on cigarettes. When I start DIY'ing my juice and rebuilding and rewicking my coils (I've tried building coils and I am horrible at it) I could probably lower my running costs to less than one tenth of my cigarette costs.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
So far this year I've bought a 5 pack of coils for my wife's iClear 30S tank, a 5 pack of coils for my Aspire Nautilus, an EhPro Squape R clone, and enough DIY juice supplies to make over 10,000ml of juice. About $210 in total.

I plan on buying an IPV4 and some more flavoring, and I'll probably pick up another 5 pack of coils for my wife's tank before the end of the year. Figure another $140.

So, about $350 for the entire year. Of course next year I won't be buying any juice or mods, so I'll probably spend less than $100 on flavorings and coils for the entire year. May buy a new tank, but I really don't need any more than what I have.

The advantage of not having shinyitis.

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
Been using the same REO since 2010 so nothing spent on mods. Using the same RDA for the last year and a half so nothing spent there. 100' of kanthal for coils that will last a few years. Bag of organic cotton balls will last a few years. The only expense is the 400ml of juice the wife and I kill each month.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I like to tinker and vaping is full of stuff to tinker with.

However.....................

With all my crap 90%+ of my vaping is done on a IPV2 Mini that was 35 bucks from Gearbest using an orchid V6 from Fasttech that was 10$ and a 10 dollar battery. A pack of 50 premade coil was 3 dollars also from Fasttech and 8 dollars for 14 lifetimes of cotton. The coils, two at a time would last about two years. Thats 65 dollars for a system that should last 2 years so 32.50$.

Juice is DIY at 40 dollars for the Nic and 60 for the PG/VG. Easily 2 years worth. So a 100 bucks. I'd guess 50-75 for flavoring?? Lets call it 200 even. Or 100 a year.

So 132.50 for a full year of vaping with a real nice settup. About 35 cents a day.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
If you buy well in the beggining you don't need to spend that much every month. DIY juice here is unobtainable, so I mostly vape Chinese liquid. As to mods, I usually keep a mech, a VW and an iStick. My gross expenditure is 100 bucks divided into liquid (60 bucks), heads(20 bucks) and wire or battery I need. I make two big expenditures a year of about 200 bucks to replace broken mods, new attys or clearos. At least it works for me to resist the new new trend and buy something that's been around for a while. Fasttech is not an option for me since I've had really bad experiences, so I do a lot of comparison shopping before shelling dough into a new mod, specially a new mod. Like with cars, wait for the second version :)

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I just figure what smokes would cost me and then try to keep it to about half of that... at least 3/4's... Fine, if I can keep it under the cost of smokes by a nickle then I consider it mission accomplished.

Between my wife and I we smoked around $4,700 per year in cigarettes. I wouldn't know what to do if I had to spend even half that on vaping. Not only would I be buying tons of things I didn't need, I would have to start buying things I didn't even want.

AndrewH

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Up until recently I spent maybe $40-$50 a month on vaping due to replacement atomizers for my Joyetech Ecom and ejuice. However I decided this year I was due for an upgrade and purchased a Provari Classic 2015 kit ($210) and have now decided I'm going to get into RTAs so in the last week I've bought 200 feet of Kanthal wire, ceramic tweezers, Koh Gen Do cotton, Nitecore battery charger, wire snippers, coil master etc. I've also purchased a Squape-R by EHPro clone and a Kayfun v4 by Infinite clone to play with and decide which I like more (I suspect it will be the Kayfun) so after I've played around with each clone and decide which one I want to stick with I plan to buy 2 of the Authentic version. My cart at Provape is currently sitting with a P3 Titanium and 2 x Kayfun v4 w/ P3 Connector for a grand total of $610. It's hard to not buy it all right now but I'm still waiting for my Kayfun v4 clone from Fasttech and I want to make sure that I'm happy with it before I buy into the Kayfun v4 ecosystem.

All in all, it seems really expensive but I know that by having 2 x Provari and 2 x the RTA I decide on, I won't need to make any purchases for a very long time unless I *want* to. Plus, I really like to support companies that manufacture their items in the USA.

On a side note, I really love the look of the VaporFlask and it's also made in the USA but it's far more power than I will ever need in a device as I'm not into sub ohming or high wattage / voltage vaping. I haven't even went over 11 w yet with my Classic and if I buy a P3 I can't ever see myself hitting the 20 w maximum but it'll be there if I decide to.

Reactions: ENAUD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread