Status
Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
By DIYing my own juice? Or are you implying that I can buy premade quality 120ml custom juice for $6.50 a bottle somewhere?

If DIY... That is the route I am pursuing..

If someone sells 120ml juice... Where?

Thanks!
LOL I'd like to know too.

Just noticed you mentioned diy and since that's about what I pay to diy my 50mg/ml, there's no reason any DIYer needs to pay any more.

Once you find your sweet spot and have the gear you want, most of the expenses are a choice as well. So that helps.

Tapatyped

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Luckily I started vaping right when Fasttech started showing up on the forum a couple years ago so my start up costs were very low. In my first 2 years i've spent $470 towards vape gear, that includes 1.5 more years of diy on hand. Next June will mark 3 years at which point I will have saved $2,000. Might not seem like a lot but I was only a half a pack per day smoker.

This isn't a hobby for me. I've always been a pretty frugal person so I buy what I need not what I want.

Marmaduke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Essen, Germany
We both stopped smoking and started vaping in about 4 days last November. Got into diy after about two months and are living through now minor attacks of shinyitis and fear of the vapocalypse. Made us spend about a 1000€ but we saved 4000 so far. So we are on the sunny side now and have high nicotine base stored for at least five years.

For me it is a kind of hobby, my husband just wants to vape and not be bothered which leaves me with shopping nice shiny stuff for both of us.

It costs a lot of money if you want to have good rtas and batteries to go with them, even if you can and want to get good clones but its cheaper than smoking.

Psofos

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Greece
Guys,let's not fool each other. Those who have the cash will spend more,like they would spend in every "hobby" they would follow. But for the rest of us who are "poor" it's a way to save big time cash. We will still end up using the same gear,but the "rich" guys will have 10x times the gear we have sitting around. Conclusion is we both stopped smoking,that's what really matters.

Psofos

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Greece
I try to keep it undr 100/mo average. I used to ryo Drum (the real stuff, not made by topps) 3 pouches a week at 8-10 dollars each. This is my second shot at vaping. I got my spending under control by staying out of b&m's and finding good online vendors with rewards or points programs.
Well i try to keep it under 20/mo average and it still works and I still subohm and stuff. Trying coils trying wicks.. It works both ways around,that's the beauty of it. Will never end up with 5 mods sitting but i am satisfied. Vape on!

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
Well i try to keep it under 20/mo average and it still works and I still subohm and stuff. Trying coils trying wicks.. It works both ways around,that's the beauty of it. Will never end up with 5 mods sitting but i am satisfied. Vape on!
Holy cow! What's your secret? You make your own juice?

Reactions: 3mg Meniere

mojofilter

Mar 10, 2015
Florida, USA
My PV kit cost $54 on sale. I got 75 ml of liquid to start with (of which I still have about 55 ml), and have bought 5 bottles of other flavors since at $10 each. I expect to have to get two more $10 bottles of liquid to dilute the 24 mg strength I got with the kit until it has run out, and my vaping history will have cost me under $200 total.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
I've spent a fortune (haven't added it all up) since I started in March. But now I only foresee spending on coils, juice, and a tank here or there. I'm probably fine for batteries for about a year hopefully. I think I've spent at least $100 on ups shipping alone since the postal carrier won't deliver parcels to me.

Reactions: Libbydude

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
It's funny, I quit visiting ECF for a while (not that I don't love ecf, I just got,burned out) and my Vape spending went way down, lol. This year I've spent about $50, I think. $22 for a Kayfun 4 clone that I've used once, $13 for 120 ml of capella juicy peach for diy (I'd run out), and just today $20 for some store bought juice because I visited a B&M and felt bad leaving without buying anything. I've got enough nicotine for a long time, flavors, a giant bag of Japanese cotton, years worth of kanthal. The Kayfun 4 didn't work out, but I'm happy with with older kayfuns. I don't need any new devices or anything. I'm coming up on 4 years Vaping in August, and I just don't need much else. Of course, I've seemed to dip my foot back into ecf, so maybe I'll... Oh look! Shiny things!

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
I spent a LOT the first year or so that I vaped, but now it's not that much because I'm out of the experimenting phase. I know what setups I like, e-liquid flavors I enjoy, how to shop around for deals, etc. My biggest cost is e-liquid, but I don't like builds that suck a lot of juice, so I don't go through it as fast as some people (I think I go through about 3-5ml a day) I probably spend about $30-40 a month on vaping, and even though I no longer keep track of how much I've spent, I think I'm saving money now.

Reactions: beckdg

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Holy cow! What's your secret? You make your own juice?

$20 per month is on the high side for me. Other than a purchase of an IPV4, I'm expecting to only spend around $8 per month for the next year or more. Even including the IPV4 I'll be spending an average that is less than $10 per month.

And yes, I DIY my own juice.

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
Eh, DIY isn't for everybody. I got a herd of kids running around. Gotta keep my supplies limited to that which will easily fit on the top shelf in a closet. I have this vivid image in my mind of the consequences from leaving a missed drop or two of nic base on the floor for one of those kids to step in or something. Maybe the consequences wouldn't be what I imagine but what I imagine is enough to deter me.
I'm sure I could do this, that, or the other thing but man what a PITA.

Psofos

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Greece
Eh, DIY isn't for everybody. I got a herd of kids running around. Gotta keep my supplies limited to that which will easily fit on the top shelf in a closet. I have this vivid image in my mind of the consequences from leaving a missed drop or two of nic base on the floor for one of those kids to step in or something. Maybe the consequences wouldn't be what I imagine but what I imagine is enough to deter me.
I'm sure I could do this, that, or the other thing but man what a PITA.
I buy 100 ml of pg 20% nic( 11 euros) and mix it with pure vg (2 euros/100 ml) to get 5% nic. Add flavour (6 euros) and i'm set. I only need 3 bottles. A 100 ml bottle that i will make costs me around 9 euros,depending on %flavour i use. I vape around 150 ml/month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread