How much e juice equals a pack of cigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddy dan123

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
Ohio
Since we are talking nicotine levels and I suck at math lol. I have two bottles of space jam starship one. One is 12mg and the other is 18. The 18 is too much for the old throat (which is odd cuz I always vape at 18mg nicotine) and the taste of the 12mg is spot on for me but no throat hit. So if I add equal parts of the 18 to the 12mg will it cut it down just a little to about 14-16? I doubt it'd make it stronger. But I'd rather ask before I jack something up. Lmao an I bet I add it before I get a reply lol. Grrrrrrrr

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    I'll tell you my experience, because I've often wondered "how much do I need to vape to feel satisfied as if I've had a cigarette." Rather than how much nic mgs equals how much was in a cig. Honestly, I feel that without the other cig junk I was also addicted to, it does take more nic to make me feel satisfied. Ok.

At work on an 8 hour shift I would smoke 9 cigarettes in a series of breaks, and the drive home. Now, while at work on an 8 hour shift I vape one whole evod tank with 12mg juice. So to me, 2mls would equal a pack of cigs.

While I'm at home it's different. I've gone through 2-4mls in an average at home day. And my home time on work days is probably another ml, at least.

I don't know if this helps, but I thought I'd offer the math of mine I've been chewing over. GL!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Since we are talking nicotine levels and I suck at math lol. I have two bottles of space jam starship one. One is 12mg and the other is 18. The 18 is too much for the old throat (which is odd cuz I always vape at 18mg nicotine) and the taste of the 12mg is spot on for me but no throat hit. So if I add equal parts of the 18 to the 12mg will it cut it down just a little to about 14-16? I doubt it'd make it stronger. But I'd rather ask before I jack something up. Lmao an I bet I add it before I get a reply lol. Grrrrrrrr

If you do Equal Parts of the 18mg/ml and the 12mg/ml it will be ...

(18 + 12) / 2 = 15mg/ml

You might to a Small Test Batch of say 10 Drops of Each if you are Low on e-Liquids just to try it out..

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 3, 2013
    North Carolina, USA
    This is actually very hard to calculate. The way that I do, is consider how much I spend on e-juice compared to cigarettes monthly, I spend less on e-juice. As to how this equal a cigarette, I don't know, as the cigarette corporations doesn't disclose this on the packs. Plus one can order their juice with zero nic, 6, 8, 12, 18, 24 & 36mg nic (there may be other variants) at no extra cost. So the more nic, the more cigarettes needed to equal it. Too many variables.

The initial outlay will be more (ego/mod, tanks & other supplies), but as one finds their sweet spot, their favorite e-juices, less will be spent & more saved.

Not to mention how much better one will feel, that's worth more than anything & there's no comparing that.

Cat

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 3, 2013
    North Carolina, USA
    Here is an article that I found earlier today, after I went back onto the site to see if my order had been shipped. This contains a portion of what the topic is about, though again, it's still up to the individual to determine how much of their e-juice equals a pack of cigs.

Remember, the strength of the nicotine (say 24mg) is the factor. It contains twice that of 12mg in the same sized bottle.

Blog

One has to read on into the article to see this, this from is a reliable source, one of the more popular e-juice suppliers in the US.

Cat

Yasmin65

Jan 8, 2013
    Australia
    I do vape a lot more than what I did when I smoked.... due to rising costs I was only allowed to smoke 7 tailor mades per day and 5 rollies.... I would buy a carton tailor mades and a pouch tobacco each fortnight at $150 (today it would cost me close to $200).
    I buy 50 ml e-juice and go through roughly 2 bottles a month... at a cost of $20...

Smoking cost me $300 a month
    Vaping costs me $20 per month

Koala hugs from Australia

Yasmin

btw... a carton was 50 smokes x 4 packets

DaveOno

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Dutchess County, New York
    Fascinating to look back. I last posted on this thread 6 months ago.

When I started vaping, I was concerned with comparing cigs to e-liquid and how much I vape as opposed to how much I smoked.

I'm now 7 1/2 months since I had a cig. And things have changed.

I do vape more now because the stigma is gone. I don't feel guilty about vaping like I did about smoking. And I can take a quick hit where I never could with a cig.

I'm averaging about 9mg nic now. I'm not getting a "nic rush", as my nic level is faily constant through the day, as opposed to the roller coaster of smoking every 2 or 3 hours during breaks/lunch, etc.

For me, vaping is now so removed from smoking, I can't draw any equivalencies, other than I'm spending about 40% less, and I feel so much better, and better about myself.

Yes, I replaced one addiction with another. But I have better control on this addiction. And if I ever had to or wanted to quit vaping or nicotine altogether, I feel I'm in a much stronger place to do so.

If I ever choose to.

Vape on, my friends...

:vapor:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread