ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Hi

I am new to vaping its over 1 week now
i am wondering how much i should be tasting the different flavors
I get a small taste or smell i am not even too sure but i only get this sensation when i exhale from the nose
when i draw the vapor into my mouth i dont really taste anything

am i doing it wrong???

No you're not doing it wrong. Our sense of "vaping" taste is from what our nose smells. If you're having problems, that's because your buds are still healing and your nose is also. Drink tons of water and keep vaping. In time, you'll taste everything.

dogbertusceasar

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Chicago, IL
OK! I finally got an actual taste! It is barely there; and it disappears very quick, almost like a ghost flavor, but it is definitely a taste.

It came from a double-extra-flavored coffee at 80/20 PG/VG.
The fluid is strong enough to smell through the bottle and left my tongue a bit raw after a few hours of vaping.

BTW, I just remembered something that might have a bearing on why it's difficult for me to actually taste the flavors. I may have a condition called geographic tongue; I know my daughter has it, (her dentist told me last year) and that it is hereditary. I also know that I have a fissured tongue (my dentist told me that ages ago) which is often associated with geographic tongue.

I also know that inflamation of the taste buds can occur with this condition, but I can't find any link to reduction in ability to taste. Hmmmm...

Well, I still have a dozen or so DXF flavors in this shipment to try out. I'll let my tongue rest tonight, and try a new flavor fresh tomorrow!

Thanks again everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread