Status
Not open for further replies.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
It would be interesting to know how many mg of vaping on average is enough to overcome the craving for any particular brand of cigarette. Feel free to chime in by mentioning what brand you were smoking, and how many a day, compared to how many mg's you are vaping now, and how many ml a day. Hopefully we might get a survey going here....

I personally used to smoke 1 pack of Marlborough's a day, and currently vaping 1.8 ml per day at 12mg. Using carto's, I tend to vape more because they kill the flavor

Last edited:

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
I started with 1.8% and was getting headaches from the amount that I was vaping. Used to smoke a pipe and got headaches from that if I did it too much. As I understand it, 1.8% is a bit over half as much as pipe tobacco. Down to 1.2% and it is working out. Hoping to get to .6% soon, might not go lower than that. Time will tell.

tom_chang79

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
CA
I smoked a pack of Pall Mall Menthols a day at the end. I started at ~2ml @24mg ..then to 18...12..and now I vape about 2-3mls a day of 8mg/ml. Some days more some less. I also will vape 0mg in between.

i haven't been able to lower my juices below 12 mg Nic, but I've only been vaping for less than 2 months, I do vape less juice throughout the day, the only exception is when I get home and grab my provari with the rba on top, then, it's cloudy city!!!

swampman

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2013
The Swamps
3rd full day vaping here and so far i had a few cravings but they were completely satisfied with a vape session...Normally going this long without a regular cig would be nerve killing for me.

I vape 16mg strength at about 2 3/4ml a day and will probably lower the nicotine over time.

I use to smoke a pack and a half of marlboro menthol full flavor 100s.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
... I personally used to smoke 1 pack of Marlborough's a day ...

You must have been off the ciggies for quite a while if you've forgotten how to spell your old brand! :laugh:

I've been vaping 18 months now after 50+ years of smoking a pack-a-day of Marlboro Reds ... started at 24mg, now down to 6mg. I probably vape about 5ml a day, more or less. I do find that I vape lots more than I ever smoked; I really ENJOY vaping, while I merely tolerated smoking. Now that I can get my nic in flavors I really like, I really let the clouds roll ... :laugh:

Nightcall

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
USA
I smoked a bit less than a pack a day of Mrlbr Ultra Lights and I'm getting too much nicotine because I enjoy vaping much more than cigarettes obviously. 18mg gives me the perfect throat hit but after a few hits it's too much, whereas a cigarette session lasted longer (5 minutes?). 12mg is a good amount of nicotine and allows me to vape more, puffing away and surrounding myself in clouds of vapor. However the throat hit doesn't have the oomph I desire. It's a good problem to have, I'm not complaining, and easily solved by getting 15mg juices from a few vendors like HHV and Vermillion or mixing nicotine 12 and 18 from the same juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread