How much to vape daily/monthly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skizzy22391

Jun 18, 2017
I am new to vaping, I used to smoke about 2 packs a week before. I have no idea how that amount transforms to vaping... sometimes I just sit in front of my computer and vape for half an hour straight... should I limit to the same way I was smoking - going outside and puffing for 10-15 minutes once or twice a day? The vendor who I bought my vaper said she smokes 30mg of e-liquids monthly... I don't know if that is a lot or no...

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I puff for under 5 minutes. Up to twice an hour, so yup... maybe up to 30 times a day.

Your vendor (who vapes, not smokes her vaping device) is probably telling you little lies. 30ml a month is 1ml a day. That's as rare as a pig orbiting Mars for a day trip out of the house.

It used to be common to vape around 3ml (2ml-4ml) a day with low power devices. These days... it can be many times more with cloud machines.

You can vape how you want. Half an hour is quite an achievement... you must be using low strength?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I am new to vaping, I used to smoke about 2 packs a week before. I have no idea how that amount transforms to vaping... sometimes I just sit in front of my computer and vape for half an hour straight... should I limit to the same way I was smoking - going outside and puffing for 10-15 minutes once or twice a day? The vendor who I bought my vaper said she smokes 30mg of e-liquids monthly... I don't know if that is a lot or no...

Hi and welcome,
Congrats!
If you are not smoking...and think you are vaping too frequently; increase your nicotine strength.

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi,
Everyone's different as far as how they vape, and it depends on their setup, their cigarette usage, and other factors. I think you will find (after the first week or so, I vaped more then than I do now, due to switching FROM smoking) that your vape patterns will calm down.

With a sub-ohm tank, I can vape fairly frequently, at a lower nic strength. I don't actually enjoy that, I do better with a smaller tank, that I can use like I smoked-- mouth to lung exhaling out of my nose/mouth that I go through maybe 2-3 ml per day, at about 16-20 m.g. nicotine strength. That's easier to do with some PG involved to make a thinner stream of liquid, but I am allergic to PG and use pure VG. That works out fine except that I have to change my coils a bit more frequently. Power (wattage) will also make a difference, I vape at around 14 watts on my smaller tank (which I use almost exclusively unless I need to vape a LOT, fast, e.g. before a long meeting). Overall, I prefer to use my smaller, Natilus tank.

You're probably going to have to experiment with what's going to work best for you. I mean, I definitely have a preference for higher nicotine, less clouds, less heat, but having different types of tanks with different nicotine strength also works for me, and if pressed, I'd always choose my smaller, higher nic tank.

Good luck! It's really hard to figure out exactly what will work for you, or not, and if you can do some experimentation that will help. At first I was tearing my hair out, but with a few days in there of SPECTACULAR FAILURE (once when I was sick, LOL, I LOVE to smoke cigarettes if I'm sick and once going to a concert which again, was a tough situation for me) that I've done really well, overall. Have had entire days with no cigarettes in them!

If you do fall off the wagon here or there (and you certainly don't have to) I will repeat advice I heard here... Do not stop vaping. Even when I smoked, I continued vaping and have found over time that I *prefer* to vape, the longer I go without a cigarette, although my mind may at times TELL me I want a cigarette, I do NOT have to smoke one. And, I've been a spectacular failure at quitting smoking in earnest until this time when I picked up an e-cig and use it consistently, more so than I smoked, and the cigarettes kind of are fading away.... I may fall off the wagon in the future (hopefully not) but I know that if I continue vaping FAR MORE than I smoke, that habit is eventually going to die off.... Whereas, before, it was *I* who was going to die off (3 bouts of really bad pneumonia in 18 months convinced me, finally, that I was headed for COPD (and my doctor agreed and was SO RELIEVED I was going to vape, instead).

Best of luck!

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
I'm at low watts and high ohms so I go through about 3ml/day or 30+ ml. a month.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Welcome to vaping !
It seems you have low nic juice though maybe start with something stronger ?
If it's any indication i was close to i'd say 1 pack/day started with 15mg nicotine juice been 3 weeks now and no regrets. You will always get cravings when you first switch and it's normal just vape through those if after 30 mins like you said you still crave for a smoke that's probably your juice which dosen't have enough nic, i almost went with a sub ohm setup to start but since i was a somewhat heavy smoker i was much more used to doing mtl. I use 50/50 ejuice at the moment at 11.5 watts with a 1.8 ohm coil and on the second biggest hole on my nautilus tank (best way i've found to vape that tank imo).Overall it's always a personnal thing just find what suits you best,although i do suggest you always start with 2 different strengh juice ie : 15,10mgs nicotine , that way if you have big cravings you could simply switch to the stronger stuff and vape the lighter one the rest of the time.For juice consumption i go through a 30ml bottle in about 2 weeks (i basically just bought a new one this last weekend)
Hope that helps !

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I'm at approximately 500mls every month and a half @3mg. Some days I vape more than the day before, sometimes less. Once I started adding different flavors to my menu(and more tanks) I tend to use each one less. But then their is Reno traffic. With my window down one would think my car is on fire! But once I am back out to the rural home things gone back down.

Sent from tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread