Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Have you ever splashed a little water in a pan with grease in it? Like, say you're making bacon and you pull the bacon out and your tongs have a drop of water on them. The water doesn't just mix in with the grease, it pops and sort of explodes from the heat.

That's similar to how water reacts in the coil. If you put a bunch of water in, you're going to experience hot water droplets bursting up to your mouth well before you have to worry about shorting out the atty.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Do any of the vets know of any experiments carried out to determine how much water can be added to e juice before the electrical conductivity of the juice is altered enough to stop the atty from working ie short out ?

Thinks

Good Question. And I have No Idea. LOL

But seeing that I have Never Heard of it Happening, I Imagine that the Hit you get will become Horribly Weak before you reach a Point of Shorting a coil.

If you can Even Short a Coil this way in the First Place.

Because I have Run Clearos with just Water in them. And they Didn't short out. But that Doesn't mean that at Some Voltages/Wattages it can't happen.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Do any of the vets know of any experiments carried out to determine how much water can be added to e juice before the electrical conductivity of the juice is altered enough to stop the atty from working ie short out ?

Thinks

I experimented with adding tap water (more conductive than DW, BTW) when I first started making juice. If I remember correctly at around 20% the juice became unvapeable for me. My power supply did not however short.

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread