How my mother's milk clone recipe compares to the original...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardimen

Jan 13, 2014
usa
Hello ECF,

I came up with this recipe based on other mother's milk clone recipe available on the internet:

CAP Sweet Strawberry 8%
CAP Vanilla Custard (original) 3%
TFA Dragonfruit 2%
TFA Sweet Cream 1.5%
TFA Orange Cream 1%
CAP Sugar Cookie 1%
TFA Bavarian Cream 1%
CAP NY Cheesecake 0.5%
CAP Marshmallow 0.5%
FW Cinnamon 0.5%
Max VG

I made this recipe without having tasted the original. I got the original today and vaped it side by side and this is my observation:

1. I think the original recipe is not made with Capella Sweet Strawberry. I did not taste that particular sweetness that is present in the Capella Sweet Strawberry.
2. The original recipe seems to have a 'sour' and 'bitter' flavor to it.
3. I also do not taste Dragonfruit on the original recipe - perhaps it's too subtle.
4. The clone recipe is sweeter and creamier. I actually prefer it over the original but don't get me wrong - the original tastes very good!
5. The clone recipe is not a clone because it tasted different from the original. :)
6. The original cost around $25 for 30ml. The one I make costs less than $1 per 10 ml. :)

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
+1 on the above.

I saw a thread elsewhere from someone who claimed to actually know the real recipe (and the working practices at SB), saying he (the poster) laughs when he sees people posting complex clone recipes for it.
The three ingredients are apparently Vanilla Custard, Graham Cracker and Sweet Strawberry.

Istand

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Miami
+1 on the above.

I saw a thread elsewhere from someone who claimed to actually know the real recipe (and the working practices at SB), saying he (the poster) laughs when he sees people posting complex clone recipes for it.
The three ingredients are apparently Vanilla Custard, Graham Cracker and Sweet Strawberry.
Hi, do you know in what percentages? Thx

Vaping save my live. Vape on, until you die.

Reactions: Jugband

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
When I started DIY-ing, I discovered that what is being called 70/30 in most juices is awfully thin. My 70/30 mixes are a LOT thicker than what others label as "high VG". I had to change some recipes and thin some of my 70/30 mixes because they were too thick and wouldn't wick in my KF tanks. I have cloned 4 of the juices from my fave B&M and they swear that all their house "high VG" mixes are at least 70% VG. But after making them myself, I have to call horse spit. They are 60% VG... or less.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I'm sure that in the process of attempting to make a clone, many DIYers have come up with an eliquid that is actually better, in it's own way, than the eliquid they set out to clone.

That said, I remember when people were trying to clone Boba's Bounty......the orig. creator has said that it's actually a very simple recipe. Probably 3 ingredients is my guess.

Reactions: ringling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread