How my mother's milk clone recipe compares to the original...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainZG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2015
Croatia, Europe
Thanks for identifying the ingredients. I will try the following combination and see how close I get.

Vanilla Custard 8%
Sweet Strawberry 5.5%
Graham Cracker 1.5%

The shop I bought MM from said it's 70VG so I'll add 15% PG to my mix.

Did you make juice already? If you did, how was it?

Enk

Jul 15, 2015
I'm new to vaping and just made my first DIY batch today. Of course I didn't let it steep before trying what I made, but I was still pleasantly surprised at how delicious it tasted. I used this recipe:
j.png

I am going to increase the raspberry flavor another 2-4% next batch (tomorrow) and will hopefully give it at least 3 days to steep before trying it out (going to finish my first batch). I am shocked at how creamy it tastes without the D and AP. Anyways, I posted here because I didn't want to make my own thread for such a trivial matter. I'm excited to be making my own and more excited it actually tastes good!

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I have run into the store 70 30 mixes being thinner. I have seen elsewhere Alot put dw in when they diy. Could it start at 70 30 and they just add dw to make it go farther. Without regulations we all don't want, would they even disclose using dw? Just spitballing.
oh and haven't been able to get mm cloned myself.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

ringling

Unresolved Status
Aug 19, 2015
I would think that Graham Cracker would only be 1 - 2% though.
Hmmmm, I always have suspected that SB wouldn't have some elaborate mother's milk recipe with 8-12 flavors like some of these supposed clones. I would suspect the Sweet strawberry would be in the range of 2-4%. Add a little Diacetyl, oops, I mean Vanilla Custard say 8-10%. What do you think, do we have Mother's Milk........

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

ringling

Unresolved Status
Aug 19, 2015
I have seen elsewhere Alot put dw in when they diy. Could it start at 70 30 and they just add dw to make it go farther. Without regulations we all don't want, would they even disclose using dw?
Distilled Water is a common ingredient in good juices. In fact I use a little DW myself. The usage of DW actually is a PG replacement. It will thin slightly, take out some of the throat hit and thus making it a smoother vape. Used under 5% there will be no excessive popping and the like. Downside is DW is not as good of a flavor carrier as PG so steep times must be multiplied.....

Reactions: Jdurand

ringling

Unresolved Status
Aug 19, 2015
I discovered that what is being called 70/30 in most juices is awfully thin. My 70/30 mixes are a LOT thicker than what others label as "high VG"
I see absolutely no reason for any juice company to purposely tell the customer the juice is 70% VG and it is not. Reason being VG costs less than PG so where's the incentive. HOWEVER, you can still be correct in thinking the blend is actually thinner than your blends are. Many juice manufacturers have started using small amounts of Distilled water in their blend. Though it does thin, and DW is cheaper than VG or PG, the actual purpose is to eliminate PG and to have a smoother tasting Vape. If you want to experiment with this yourself some time just make sure you keep the DW %s below 5%. Too much DW will cause popping. Also, expect to steep longer since DW is not as good a flavor carrier as PG.....

satchvai

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2015
Off the grid
Through lots of research here and other forums, I've started adding.9 saline to heavy vg mixes. Flavors really pop with that. Also on the3 flavor mothers milk recipe, I'm going to up the Graham to 3%. May be heavy on the Graham at first but with a 2 week steep, it should settle into that caramelized note that mothers milk has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread