How NOT to do things....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
The "mistakes" appear to be intentional.
These are not stupid people.
No indeed KentA they are not - in Britain however since the 1980s Higher and Further Education has turned more and more into a big business and spends much of its time chasing revenue rather than doing pure and rigorous research...and as such tends to produce reports giving the "evidence" and "proofs" its paymasters require.

The old saw - "he who pays the piper calls the tune applies"... regrettably.

Zakillah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Vienna
That's EXACTLY what they are NOT going to do.
Ever.

Because it gets them answers they don't want to hear.

Funding comes with an on-the-record aim.
Like : Research e-cigarettes
Funding from sources with an agenda comes with an off-the-record aim too:
Like: Go find us some dirt

BT is selling something that will come out second worst only in comparison to a forest fire or a burning house.
I bet you my favourite mod that BT researched vaping. In their own labs, with their own staff, using their own money. Means they don't have to tell anybody what they've found out.
MSA settlement did reach unprecedented heights also due to the fact that BT did know long before the general public found out that their products are lethal in the long run. And they didn't tell. Quite the contrary.

Any BT CEO NOT buying up vape gear and testing it would not be CEO for long.

They tested. They not telling. If there was really something serious they could hang on vaping, tey'da done it already through intermediaries by just pointing researches in the 'right' direction.

The avalanche of studies that are flawed, slanted, and often don't even deserve to be called studies by even the lowest standards of scientific approach, the continious barrage of 'news', the ceaseless 'statements' by frothing-at-the-mouth ANTZ, they all show me one thing :

They've got NOTHING on vaping.

So, esteemed gentlepersons from BT,BP,BG,ANTZ :

Thanks for thus confirming indirectly that I'm on the right track by vaping on :)
Yeah, good train of thought.

Let me tell you, yes, BT did test Ecigs. I work in a smoke analysis lab and I did so myself.
I still smoked when I started the job and switched pretty much immediatly once we started testing Ecigs.
I cant upload or post any of the results as I'd like to keep my job, but rest assured, testing Ecigs turned out to be pretty boring.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I think too many people here don't take our adversaries seriously enough. They are very highly educated, and they are very, very smart. Far smarter than most people here. They know exactly what they are doing.

As far as ethics, please consider that most or all of the junk science propaganda studies are actually granted to universities, who get to split the multi-million dollar booty associated with each grant with the researcher worker bees who dutifully type up the results demanded by the customer (the gov't agency letting out the grant).

The problem with junk science is that it casts a pall on all science. We are left to believe what we want to believe. The interesting thing, though, is that most of this junk science clearly states the junk part in the body of the study where it describes it's methodology. So a critical thinker can often figure all this out. The problem is that the public at large does not think critically. Nor do their own homework. It is how propaganda works. And it should be obvious that no matter how thin the veneer of credibility, the propaganda is extraordinarily effective.
The two posts above are required reading.
If everyone understood what is being said in those posts, we could fix a lot of things.

And not just solely in relation to vaping.
But in relation to everything, anywhere, and everywhere.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
There ought to be some sort of penalty for "scientific fraud" among that particular community.
Damn straight there should be.

Bogus science is perverting reality and making the masses more and more ignorant.
And the mass media is a powerful player in this process.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If a scientist's "misdirection" is proven to harm people, should that not be punished in some way? There are drunk drivers who are sent to prision for vehicle homicide even though there was no intention of harming anybody. Scientist would know what they're doing IS going to harm quite a few?
Read this...
E-Cigarette Industry Plans to Make Critics Pay for Misleading Health Claims | E-Cigarette Reviews and Rankings

That is what I want to see.
I wish I knew what happened to that effort.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Yeah, been almost a yr. now, DC2. Do know there have been efforts to get lobbyists in each state. Also know, that Dimitris Agrafiotis is now representing in the U.S. the newly setup China vaping mfg's assn.

Stuff IS happening only we aren't privy to it until the goal is actually realized. The novice "makers and shakers" of this new industry are flying by the seat of their pants, learning as they go, fighting "giants" who are trying to stomp the life out of vaping, and on the road or in the air racking up huge amts. of frequent flyer points.

Not only that, they have to fight their own frustrations, discouragement, and fear of not knowing enough/doing enough. They never even remotely figured they'd be doing this 10 yrs. ago........ and neither did their families.

Only thing I can do is donate where I can, call/write my reps., respond to news articles without being a jerk, and be patient.............It's a slow process birthing a new industry.......Looks like it's beginning to work though......a little bit maybe.....but I'll take it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread