How often do you crave a cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibitz

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Johnson City, TN, USA
I enjoyed reading all of your comments! I had never heard of e-cigs when my son introduced me to a Ce4 (I believe that is what it was) 4 years ago this month. It was no bigger than a cigarette. I had smoked 55 years and hated it the last 10 years or so. I tried over and over to quit and nothing ever worked. With that little Ce4 I quit cigarettes within 2 days. A week into it I decided to try another cigarette to see if I still like them....I did, but decided with vaping I did not need them.

I watched the series "Mad Men" over the last 3 weeks or so. They all smoked like a chimney in that show! I thought back to that time and remembered how great that used to be. Lighting up whenever we wanted with no thought of it hurting you and no one around to look down on you for smoking (because everyone smoked back then). BUT it did not make me feel that I NEEDED a cigarette. What it did make me feel is knowing I did the right thing by quitting smoking. My daughter was here visiting this weekend and my son, daughter and I were sitting in the living room vaping. I thought to myself: Thank God we are all not smoking anymore!! Cheers!

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
I was really surprised last night when I had an intense craving for a cig. It's been over 7 months that I've been vaping and I thought I was out of the woods. Am I alone here having these cravings so long after I've quit the stinkies?
How long have you been vaping and how often do you still crave cigs?
Not at all

Reactions: ChelsB

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I was really surprised last night when I had an intense craving for a cig. It's been over 7 months that I've been vaping and I thought I was out of the woods. Am I alone here having these cravings so long after I've quit the stinkies?
How long have you been vaping and how often do you still crave cigs?

Never but I've been off cigs for almost 4 years. The only thing I miss about them is their convenience.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Never but I've been off cigs for almost 4 years. The only thing I miss about them is their convenience.
I don't miss needing a lighter and ashtray. I don't miss having dirty ashtrays around. I especially don't miss those occasional klutz moments when I managed to dump the contents of an ashtray all over the floor, and that goes triple when the floor in question was carpet. Anyway to me, vaping is more convenient, 'cause as long as I have a mod within reach, I don't need anything else.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
When I was starting out vaping on a Cignot Joye 510 followed by the eGo line I did drop down to 6 a day (from 2PAD). The Provari and Boge cartomizers took away the rest.

I can truly say that as long as I have a good mod and a good RTA I don't even think about smoking. I'm hooked on the vaping simulation, though. It's the act of smoking that I really like. It's a relaxing hobby.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I have no craving for cigs any more and until last Spring I tested that by smoking a few to demonstrate to coworkers that i was immune to relapse. The last time I did that was so unpleasant I decided I'd never do that again. I'm pretty sure i would not go back to smoking if I couldn't vape but one of my relapses did come after 10 years. Never the less today I vape because I ENJOY IT and because it pisses off the government because it reminds them I'm not paying their tobacco taxes any more and I'm ready and anxious to help anyone trying to do the same. Vaping is a revolution and a rebellion. That's why the political fight is so nasty.

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
Off cigs 57 days today. Yes, keeping track on a calendar. Makes me . Smoked over 40 years. Made an attempt back in 2010 but never could quit the smokes and relapsed.

I truly feel I have it beat now. I still have the occasional craving but thankfully it doesn't last long. More of a passing thought. What makes me want a cig the most is stress. First thing that comes to mind if I get stressed. An old crutch, I guess.

I can say I will definitely not miss having a little burn hole in my clothes! Didn't you hate that?

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Off cigs 57 days today. Yes, keeping track on a calendar. Makes me . Smoked over 40 years. Made an attempt back in 2010 but never could quit the smokes and relapsed.

I truly feel I have it beat now. I still have the occasional craving but thankfully it doesn't last long. More of a passing thought. What makes me want a cig the most is stress. First thing that comes to mind if I get stressed. An old crutch, I guess.

I can say I will definitely not miss having a little burn hole in my clothes! Didn't you hate that?

Yay for you making it 57 days. [emoji122]And I think it's important to keep track of your progress. Yes, I don't miss holes in my clothes or smelling like an ashtray at all!
When I first created this thread, I was really struggling with cravings, but they have passed. I upped my nic level for 1 week and that seemed to do the trick. No more cravings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Yay for you making it 57 days. [emoji122]And I think it's important to keep track of your progress. Yes, I don't miss holes in my clothes or smelling like an ashtray at all!
When I first created this thread, I was really struggling with cravings, but they have passed. I upped my nic level for 1 week and that seemed to do the trick. No more cravings!

:thumb: Yay!

I went and had a few beers at my sisters house last night, I set her up with an ego AIO about a month ago - we sat for a few hours and she didn't smoke at all! I was so proud of her.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
:thumb: Yay!

I went and had a few beers at my sisters house last night, I set her up with an ego AIO about a month ago - we sat for a few hours and she didn't smoke at all! I was so proud of her.

Good choice, the ego aio is what got me off cigs

gambit4king

Sep 13, 2014
florida
I bought a bottle of the 15th. It had way to much nicotine. I bought 6mg.. But it had over 16mg I had it tested. Don't trust Brokedick Broke dick e-juice. I gave them a chance to rectify this... I sent 3 emails... no reply. They don't have any customer service and inconsistencies in their juice line. Worst company every

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I bought a bottle of the 15th. It had way to much nicotine. I bought 6mg.. But it had over 16mg I had it tested. Don't trust Brokedick Broke dick e-juice. I gave them a chance to rectify this... I sent 3 emails... no reply. They don't have any customer service and inconsistencies in their juice line. Worst company every

Wow a difference from 6mg to 16mg that's quite a lot! I'd be upset too

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Was 6mg listed on the bottle?

Celbrise

Sep 25, 2016
i crave cigs on 2 occasions 1. when my juice is bad. i find a lot of juice vendors to taste bad there are only a small select few that i enjoy vaping all day and i chain smoke so if it's a bad juice i still vape it until it's done unless the nic content is way too high for me to handle to get my moneys worth but at the end of the day i get sick with headache from the juice. usually it's anything creamy like milk flavors or desserts. candy i can handle but like vanilla or pastry stuff no. 2. if im out of juice and pretty much broke. every bnm store here sells 30ml and up for like $15-18 depending on brand. i used to make my own juice but stopped because i got tired of waiting for it to steep or my flavors were just so awful and at that time i was broke in general but luckily not anymore.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Never since I was fully on board with Vaping, once I got the right device... I have friends that still smoke and the smell is disgusting.. I can't believe I smelled that bad... I love Vaping more than I ever liked smoking.. an overlooked perk to Vaping I notice when hanging out with smokers is there is no commitment to a vape... take a puff hear or there when you want... unlike a cigarette light it then you have to smoke the whole thing or waste it.. plus annoying random strangers don't come up to you and bum a vape unlike a cig...

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Never since I was fully on board with Vaping, once I got the right device... I have friends that still smoke and the smell is disgusting.. I can't believe I smelled that bad... I love Vaping more than I ever liked smoking.. an overlooked perk to Vaping I notice when hanging out with smokers is there is no commitment to a vape... take a puff hear or there when you want... unlike a cigarette light it then you have to smoke the whole thing or waste it.. plus annoying random strangers don't come up to you and bum a vape unlike a cig...
:thumbs: Love all of this. I'm a massage therapist and if my client smells like stale smoke I want to die during the whole session as I am trapped in a tiny dark room with them. A career related bonus is that I would never smoke before or during work so that the people I worked with and my clients didn't know I was a smoker. I can pop out the back door of the spa any time I want for a quick vape or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread