How often do you crave a cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
So what? I don't think an "addiction" that seems to cause no harm is much of a problem.
If the regulations from the FDA stay put, when that time comes many of the smokers will probably still smoke and a nice amount of vapers may turn back to cigarettes (if they don't have the means to stock up) because they are addicted. Also what about all the vapers that turn back to cigarettes even nowadays? That's an example of how an addiction that seems harmless can really be deadly.

Reactions: ChelsB

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
It's getting to be more rare. Because as soon as I crave one, I remember how gross it was when I cheated and had 2 puffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long has it been since you switched ? You may just need more time because usually most go down in Nic strength and cravings become less.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Started vaping last August. Went from 18 mg to 12 about 2 months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks , i vape 12 mg as well , i suppose everyone is different and there may be many out there that still do have strong Nic cravings .

One thing is for certain , if i don't have my vape i'm not ready to freak out like i was when i couldn't find a real cig.

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
I first started vaping in 2009, but due to really bad hardware in those early days, combined with a 32+ year analog addiction, I constantly craved a smoke. It wasn't until the Ego-T came along that I successfully made the transition to vaping (September 25, 2011), and I required 24mg eliquid to do it. I haven't had a real craving since then. I still vape, but the nic level is way down. I DIY @ 4 to 6 mg nic, but also have a 'standby' tobacco flavor at 10 mg nic. If I go to a bar with friends, I up the nic.

Strange though, this year I've had several dreams about smoking. I could 'feel' it til I woke up. Still didn't have a craving or desire to light up afterwards, but those dreams have me puzzled.

Hang in there, because it WILL get better...and up the nic if you need to.

Final thought: I had to go in the hospital for a few days back in 2014. Never even thought about vaping while I was there, and ZERO withdrawal symptoms. If I wanted to quit vaping now, I know I could...but I still like it. :)

Good luck!

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
D133 you won't regret getting in to diy, so much cheaper. Specially if you use so much juice like me haha & Rossum we don't really no if it's causing harm or not causing harm, we cannot see what's inside of our bodies. We just know it doesn't contain all the rubbish in cigarettes, I'm sure nicotine probably doesn't do any harm but it's definitely an addiction an I don't know how people can argue otherwise!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If the regulations from the FDA stay put, when that time comes many of the smokers will probably still smoke and a nice amount of vapers may turn back to cigarettes (if they don't have the means to stock up) because they are addicted.
Also what about all the vapers that turn back to cigarettes even nowadays? That's an example of how an addiction that seems harmless can really be deadly.
If one has the means to smoke, one has the means to stock up. For the cost of a few months worth of cigarettes, one can put away a lifetime supply of nicotine.

Vaping isn't the answer to quitting smoking for everyone. If it works for someone like it did for me, they have a tendency early on to think it should work like that for everyone. Unfortunately, it does not.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
But I still get strong nicotine cravings when it's been a while between vapes
It's been well over 3 years for me and I'm in the same boat. If I have to spend time someplace I can't vape (pretty rare), I find that nic gum makes it tolerable.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'm sure nicotine probably doesn't do any harm but it's definitely an addiction an I don't know how people can argue otherwise!
You won't hear me arguing that it's not an addiction, but the same is true for caffeine, at least for me.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Been almost 7 years since that craving.

That's very good, I've vaped for 8 years but I still crave an still give in to temptation sometimes!

It's been well over 3 years for me and I'm in the same boat. If I have to spend time someplace I can't vape (pretty rare), I find that nic gum makes it tolerable.

And well done on three years, that's great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread