Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I agree. I started my journey with 24mg but once I went from my original cig-a-like to an ego type device I lowered it to 18. I stayed there, I am thinking, a couple a years. I listened when my body told me it was time to go to a lower strength. You are still just starting out on this journey. I think your body is telling you that you aren't ready to be lowering the strength of your nic.

Thank you, I agree!

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
For the first 3 months if I was around a smoker I'd randomly crave one (my wife smokes) but never gave in, after that they just started smelling worse and worse, don't tell my wife this but I find it absolutely gross kissing her for the first 1/2 an hour after she's had a stinky... between 3 months and 7 months every once and a while I'd get not really a craving but wanted to have one to see how it was, still never gave in...

Now smoking doesn't bother me at all, I have no cravings whatsoever... I see more now than ever what smoking does to people and I have a great sympathy for them, how hard it is to quit, how hard it is not to relapse, I tried quitting for 15 years after smoking another 7 before that... vaping is the only thing that has kept me away..

2 years cig free March 1st. Can't believe it! I can't believe I used to go to the store and buy 5 cartons at a time/month and now vaping only costs me 40$ a month give or take..

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Forget about what I've said previously. I'm switching back to 18 mg today when I get home. I know I'm in trouble because cigs are smelling good to me. Wish me luck, I need it!
After a bit more than 3 years, a freshly lit cig still smells good to me. I don't let that bother me.

I also tried to switch from 18 down to 12 not long after I quit. It didn't quite scratch my itch. I found 15 to be a good compromise for me and stuck with it for most of the last 3 years. However, a few months ago, I did cut back, all the way to 14. :w00t:

Use whatever strength it takes to keep you from smoking!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
After a bit more than 3 years, a freshly lit cig still smells good to me. I don't let that bother me.

I also tried to switch from 18 down to 12 not long after I quit. It didn't quite scratch my itch. I found 15 to be a good compromise for me and stuck with it for most of the last 3 years. However, a few months ago, I did cut back, all the way to 14. :w00t:

Use whatever strength it takes to keep you from smoking!

Vaping at what is an insane level for me (20w) and 16 mgs is really helping the cravings!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I tried over 30 w when I was desperate today. But it makes me cough too much
Then it's probably too much for the build, wicking, and airflow you're using. IMO, it's better to up your nic than burn your juice.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'll have 7 years of vaping under my belt in April this year. I can truly say that once I quit the smokes a year after starting to vape I never had a craving for another one. I went from 2 PAD to 6 cigs a day the first week or two and quit completely on my first vaping anniversary.

I probably had the hand to mouth habit more than a craving for the chemicals in the cigarettes. As long as I had my pacifier I was good.

Tobacco Absolute (TA) and/or Acetyl Pyrazine (AP) is the key if you want the "real" cigarette taste. I've only started using it in the last 6 or 7 months, but it's the key to mixing your own great tobacco flavors. I use two drops of 10% TA in 50ml of DIY juice to make a weak tobacco flavor stand up. Most of the time all I need is .4% AP to make Hangsen flavors talk. I only use TA sparingly for those that really need it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread