Status
Not open for further replies.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I think this should be in DIY liquid but I dont see a way to erase it here and copy it there. My apologies.

So this will be my first time making my own juice. I plan to make it 200 mLs at a time which will last me about two months and then transfer some in a 30mL bottle to use. My mix is PG/VG, nic and koolada. My questions are:

1. Should I mix my PG and VG only together in the big bottle and add the koolada and nic in the 30mL bottle or add everything in the big bottle, or add only the koolada to it or only the nic to it?

2. Should I store the 200mL bottle in the fridge?

Thanks for responding.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Agreed - I recommend
a) Use a calculator, to make sure you don't goof on percentages (cuz the flavoring changes the PG/VG ratio, etc).
b) Mix like 10 mls first, to make sure you like it. You may want to adjust a little here and there. Once you love the recipe, it's easy (using said calculator) to scale up to a larger quantity.
c) Mixing a couple/few months worth, no - I would not put that in the fridge. Quite the opposite - I always mix ahead of need - so the juice I vape is "steeped". Might not matter with Koolata, but my juice does change a little, for the better, over a couple weeks sitting time.

edit - oops. Never answered your core question!
I personally mix my "everyday flavor" in a couple or few 100 ml bottles at a time. So I'm stocked up ahead. I don't see any need to "premix" some ingredients only if you're just making juice for a couple months...

Reactions: Bea-FL

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I am brand new to mixing and started mixing by weight. I agree with starting with test batches, but I did my first two test batches at 10ml each. I found that at my nic level of 6mg, it was only two drops, a bit challenging for my old hands. But since the calculator showed my cost for a 30ml bottle at $0.51, figured I could afford that even if it turned out bad and much, much easier to mix accurately. JFWIW

Reactions: Bea-FL

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I think this should be in DIY liquid but I dont see a way to erase it here and copy it there. My apologies.

So this will be my first time making my own juice. I plan to make it 200 mLs at a time which will last me about two months and then transfer some in a 30mL bottle to use. My mix is PG/VG, nic and koolada. My questions are:

1. Should I mix my PG and VG only together in the big bottle and add the koolada and nic in the 30mL bottle or add everything in the big bottle, or add only the koolada to it or only the nic to it?

2. Should I store the 200mL bottle in the fridge?

Thanks for responding.

My advice is to make it all in a large bottle and transfer what you need to a smaller bottle. But if you never mixed before then start with small 10ml test batches until you get the mix percentages right. Once you have your final recipe then make big batches. Also remember to write everything down. What your starting with is a simple enough recipe but as you get into making other more complex flavored mixes experimenting with small batches will save lots of expense on wasted materials.

Start by doing some research. Use the following resources:

My blogs will give insight into all aspects of DYI, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice.

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Then read hoosier's blogs. These blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Then read Boletus's blog's. These blogs concentrate on formulation of nicotine bases regarding proper calculations methods for figuring Nicotine concentration as well as safety.

E-Cigarette Forum - Boletus - Blogs

Then read Ginger's book "E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid". It is a book which I've contributed to that delivers an in depth easy to follow guide in the art of DYI.

E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid

I recommend viewing VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety and bookmark it for future reference. It explains safety in all aspects of DYI.

VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Thank you everyone for all your advice. @dannyv45 that's a lot of great blogs that I saved altogether in PDF format so I can over them again.

Of course I planned all along on making a small 10mL batch to see how it goes but thanks for reminding me.

Boy am I glad that before I retired from my job in the veterinary world I saved all my gloves, scale, syringes and needles of all sizes!

Now if only I could find a clone recipe for Provape's Absolute Zero Menthol. Love that but can't afford to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread