How soon did you feel healthier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

btportugal

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
UK
I've only been vaping (this time around) for a week, but in that whole time I've had a maximum of three cigs per day.

Went swimming this afternoon, and while I'm still seriously unfit(!) I'm pretty sure those lengths felt easier than before.

I seem to have more of a sense of smell already as well.

So, what I'm asking is - how soon did you start to feel "health benefits" and what were they?

:)

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I've only been vaping (this time around) for a week, but in that whole time I've had a maximum of three cigs per day.

Went swimming this afternoon, and while I'm still seriously unfit(!) I'm pretty sure those lengths felt easier than before.

So, what I'm asking is - how soon did you start to feel "health benefits" and what were they?

It took 2 weeks for me to go totally off my COPD medication. However I still haven't noticed a better sense of taste . My sense of smell is much better though! Give it time, I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon! Good job cutting down the stinkies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014

For the first six weeks I was dual using, down from 25 to 5 cigs a day. Even with that the coughing was hugely reduced. It's hard to say how I was really feeling because I was elated by that first easy progress. I believe lung congestion pretty much went away in the first couple weeks. May be the biggest changes were in the first 6 weeks of zero cigs. Then the healing process slowed down but my sense was it continued for 2 years total but very minimal towards the end. When you take a way smoking you get an upgrade but it takes a while.

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017

Congrats on the switch.
Kicking away the stinkies is probably the best decision of your life.

I remember reading an article according to which "the good effects" can be noticed in a week.
Just stay motivated and don't relapse to the cigs, and it'll be all uphill from here on. :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I would think if you suffer from asthma or COPD, the improvement in regards to things like wheezing from irritation of your lungs by cigarette smoke would start to feel better reasonably quickly. It does takes years for your body to repair itself after all those years of smoking. Other major hazards associated with cigarette use like heart disease decline to a non-smokers risk within a few years. The risk of lung cancer does take longer before your risk is about the same as a non-smoker. Regardless, the immediate benefits in your overall sense of well being do come on pretty soon after losing the cigs.

halbgott

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2012
I smoked menthols. About three weeks in I noticed my muscles didn't hurt as much when I woke up anymore. I used to get winded easily and now am able to walk further and hold my breath three times as long as I used to. My dental problems have disappeared too. The longer you're off the more you'll notice. I'll bum a smoke if I get really stressed and did recently buy cigs after a mod accident but regretted it the day after and felt physically like crap. You'll notice that now your sense of smell will be able to tell where a smoker was recently, even downwind in the woods. It's kind of funny, you don't notice the smell to that degree when you smoke.

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
I smoked menthols. About three weeks in I noticed my muscles didn't hurt as much when I woke up anymore. I used to get winded easily and now am able to walk further and hold my breath three times as long as I used to. My dental problems have disappeared too. The longer you're off the more you'll notice. I'll bum a smoke if I get really stressed and did recently buy cigs after a mod accident but regretted it the day after and felt physically like crap. You'll notice that now your sense of smell will be able to tell where a smoker was recently, even downwind in the woods. It's kind of funny, you don't notice the smell to that degree when you smoke.
What kind of an accident are you talking about here?
Hope nobody got severely hurt.

Reactions: halbgott

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Well I'd say a week, but literally after just a couple days we (fiance and I) were both feeling way better. The day we got our starter kits, we took the ash trays out of our room (we live with his dad), cleaned our room spotless. Cleaned the ashes up, wiped down our desks, and started washing ALL of our clothes. Took a week, but in the end our room didn't smell bad and we were more active causing the leftover cigar stuff to leave our systems quicker.

To give you some background:
    I started smoking at 11, by the time I was 18 I was a pack-a-day-er. Moved in with fiance at 19 and started smoking more, well actually started smoking more 6 months earlier right when my Daddy passed away. So at 23, I was a pack and a halfer.

Fiance started smoking at 16, he came from a smoking family and smoked 2 packs aday till he was 24, then switched to a five pack of Tampa Nugget panatellas. He started having severe Blood Pressure issues and breathing issues.

I put my foot down and he agreed. So we tried a dollar store disposable and knew instantly that quitting was possible. So to the internet we turned. Found a great little site and ordered a couple starter packs of cig a likes and our journey started 3/8/13.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Thinking of your COPD meds, I have asthma and thinking about it I'm not using my inhaler nearly so much :)
    I don't use my astgmha inhaler unless i absolutely have to.

I dont like the racing heart beat i get afterward.

Normal 59-64 after albuterol. (SP) i go to around. 140-150 beats a minute

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Sense of smell came back quickly, more energy came quickly at first (think it more from the high you get from quitting!) then leveled off. Breathing easier is coming along very slowly. Started smoking at 8yrs & smoked 46yrs before discovering vaping. Read an article that said your lungs ability to heal is not formed until adolescence. Still on that high tho & my life is so much better! congrats to us all!!!

Grimwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    Likely depends on the length of time smoking and how much. I was a 40 year 3 pad smoker and have been vaping for 5 years.. Some benefits such as sense of smell returning happen rather quickly in 2-3 weeks.I breath a little better and cough less but I doubt that I will ever feel as good as when I started at age 18.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread