How soon did you feel healthier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kam83

Apr 8, 2017
Tricky one for me. My breathing was easier and I felt healthier within 2 days. It was a really rapid improvement for the first 2 weeks.

I had some pretty bad side effects from vaping/cutting back on the smokes though and that took the shine off for me. I was bloated, had awful gas pains constantly for a week or two, and had a very sore throat / was permanently thirsty so I was up all night ....... That settled down pretty quickly though and now I just feel better than ever.

My resting heart rate is lower, my blood pressure so much better, I sleep better, my breathing is so much better, and I don't stink :thumb:

Reactions: Letitia

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I've only been vaping (this time around) for a week, but in that whole time I've had a maximum of three cigs per day.

Went swimming this afternoon, and while I'm still seriously unfit(!) I'm pretty sure those lengths felt easier than before.

I seem to have more of a sense of smell already as well.

So, what I'm asking is - how soon did you start to feel "health benefits" and what were they?

:)

Congratulations on your decision to vape and your success with it!

I started feeling better right away. Even while dual using -- smoking some cigs and vaping -- my horrible smoker's cough was gone completely within two weeks. Vaping is amazing!

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
I was feeling much better after the first few days off cigs. But lately my sinuses are extremely angry and I have trouble breathing while laying down due to inflammation, I believe the flavorings in eliquid cause this for me.

Detoxing from cigs can be a challenge. With all those years of harm to your lungs they can "rebel" from not getting their usual amout of harm inflicted on them. If the flavorings seem harmful to you, maybe just go flavorless for a while. I use only a 1% flavoring of caramel, I found all the other flavors too strong and irritating too. I also found that a 50vg/50pg mix was not doing me well and switched to a 80vg/20pg mix and the irritation I has faded away. PG can be hard on the system, and this forum had the info I needed to make that determination.

Back on topic, I felt better and food tasted better at around the 4 week mark, but after five years of vaping, I am STILL waiting for my sense of smell to come back. :eek: The strange thing is, I can smell a cig from across a parking lot. Sometimes it smells good and other times so, so nasty. I think it has to do with which brand they use.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
It's a gradual process. The constant coughing seems to be the first to go, Sense of smell (and taste if you're lucky) returns after several weeks - mostly a good thing but occasionally not so good (good AND bad smells become more pronounced) - The smell of smokers is disgusting to me now.
I ran my first mile within 12 months of quiting, something i couldn't do for the last decade of being a smoker.
It's not all good news though - i developed angina whilst i was a smoker and that will never leave me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread