How To Care for your SB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Seems there has been a lot of atties that are not threading properly. The connectors I use are OEM and are very tight tolerance. I have talked to a lot of SB owners who have had thier SB for months now and they have also ran into this issue as well. I belive the hurried production before and after the Chineese holiday is the culprit. When you screw and unscrew the faulty atties you are recutting the threads on the atty. Do not force the faulty atty into the threads. Screwing them in and out a little at a time should do the trick. If you do use noalox to aide in this process be sure to clean it off very good with a q-tip. I am uncertain what the alcohol will do to the insulator, so use it sparingly. I have yet come accross any of these bad atties but i do have one comming to me this week. I suspect the thread pitch is off slightly. My advice is to use the atty that fits first and screw and unscrew it several times to give the connector some "slop"

Vapoorer

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
USA,CT
www.youtube.com
Seems there has been a lot of atties that are not threading properly. The connectors I use are OEM and are very tight tolerance. I have talked to a lot of SB owners who have had thier SB for months now and they have also ran into this issue as well. I belive the hurried production before and after the Chineese holiday is the culprit. When you screw and unscrew the faulty atties you are recutting the threads on the atty. Do not force the faulty atty into the threads. Screwing them in and out a little at a time should do the trick. If you do use noalox to aide in this process be sure to clean it off very good with a q-tip. I am uncertain what the alcohol will do to the insulator, so use it sparingly. I have yet come accross any of these bad atties but i do have one comming to me this week. I suspect the thread pitch is off slightly. My advice is to use the atty that fits first and screw and unscrew it several times to give the connector some "slop"

hey chad the attys i used were the Totally Wicked atty. also i hade a couple of joyes genuien to.to me i dont think the atty nore the device atty conector. but you know best it just need a little cleaning and lub and now it work perfect i think the thread were just a little dry.i also tryed an atty that i got 6 months ago but that one was dead but i just wanted to see if it screwed on but it was the same thing also i do not think i will have to apply the lub again i think it was just a 1 time thing because this morning i cleaned the atty connect with less then a pencil tip drop of alcohol on a q-tip and now its threading just like all my other devices and acutlly i feel like this connector in the Silver bullet is alot more smoother and alot more tighter in other word the atty dosnt move around.:D

As of using the alcohol it is not an everyday nore even every week its more like 2-3 months is when i use it to really clean it good but i dont use more then mabe a 1/4 of a drop and not even that. what i do tho 2 to 3 times a week is just take a Q-tip with nothing on it to the treads and thats it if you keep up on it then you wont have alot of build up and it wont be as difficult to clean

This is just what i did but you know best chad :) you might be right it might be the attys. but this worked for me so hopefully they fix the problem with the attys soon because iam sure this will be a big problem if they dont fix it

EDIT:
Now that i think of it more and more you are right it is the attys.because if you been using the same atty connector then its not the connector it indeed is the atty.WOW

Last edited:

menthollight

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
USA
can i get the nolax from homedepot they are also brain dead there i went in there and no one new what the heck i was talking about so i left but now i know its in the electrical il ill go back if they have it

At my local Home Depot the Noalox was hanging at eye level along with a bunch of other Ideal brand electrical products like wire nuts. The small 1/2 ounce tube (in a blue and gray box about 4" tall) was around $2.79. They also had a much larger bottle for several dollars more, but the small tube should be enough to last for a long time.

Vapoorer

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
USA,CT
www.youtube.com
At my local Home Depot the Noalox was hanging at eye level along with a bunch of other Ideal brand electrical products like wire nuts. The small 1/2 ounce tube (in a blue and gray box about 4" tall) was around $2.79. They also had a much larger bottle for several dollars more, but the small tube should be enough to last for a long time.

hey thanks iam going right now that funny i was just about to close my computer i hope i make it they close at 10 i got 20 min luckly there only 5 min away hehe:thumb:

Zapp and Roger

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
Shine Upkeep:
I personally use Mothers Aluminum polish with cotton balls, this polish is available at most automotive stores. Follow the directions on the container, the more you do it the better you will get. Be sure to wear soft gloves, it will get annoying when you keep chasing those pesky smudges. It is also okay to use a buffing wheel. Use a loose sisal with green compound, if you do not know what that means, you should not be buffing your SB :)

Okay, I"m not sure what that last part means, so I really shouldn't be polishing the SB? It has become very dull and tarnished, and I would love to see the old shine back on it. Any recommendations? A beautiful piece that I just absolutely love, and would love to have shining again. Thanks!

ohiomelody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Okay, I"m not sure what that last part means, so I really shouldn't be polishing the SB? It has become very dull and tarnished, and I would love to see the old shine back on it. Any recommendations? A beautiful piece that I just absolutely love, and would love to have shining again. Thanks!
It means that you shouldnt use a buffing wheel if you don't know how. (I've tried and send SB's flying across the room ;)) However, it is perfectly fine to manually polish your sb. Mothers polish does an excellent job and you can find it at most automotive stores :)

Zapp and Roger

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
It means that you shouldnt use a buffing wheel if you don't know how. (I've tried and send SB's flying across the room ;)) However, it is perfectly fine to manually polish your sb. Mothers polish does an excellent job and you can find it at most automotive stores :)

Sounds great tyvm for the response ^.^

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA

The last part translates to "If you don't have experience buffing with power tools then do it by hand" :). It's nickel plated. It is not too hard to go right through the plating with a power tool if you don't know what you're doing.

Zapp and Roger

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
The last part translates to "If you don't have experience buffing with power tools then do it by hand" :). It's nickel plated. It is not too hard to go right through the plating with a power tool if you don't know what you're doing.

I was kind of thinking that was the case hehe...Mother's polish did a really nice job of bringing a better luster to the piece. Looking great now ty all :)

nbourbaki

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Cincinnati
I'm not sure if anything has changed. I received my SB a few weeks ago and it's well made, the button is fantastic and with a 18650 2900mah battery, I get a good 24 hours on a charge. Not a lot to go wrong.

I liked the SB so much, I bought the BB for travel and received it today. Thank you for the fast shipping!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread