How to clean an Ego-C atomizer?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Codrut Popescu, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Codrut Popescu

Codrut Popescu Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have found a very nice tutorial in the maintenance section about how to clean an Ego-T atomizer. How about the Ego-C atomizer? Is it worth it? Perhaps the idea is not to bother anymore with this and just buy replacements?

2. Beans

Beans Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Go for it, same rules apply.. Attys clean up nicely, but it's best to wait till the vapor drops off or is getting clogged.

3. JZacharias

JZacharias Full Member

Anyone have any good ideas on how to clean the ego-c yet, I love the ego-c I purchased two kits from cignot.com for the gf and I, they are working great just looking for a way to clean the used attys

4. KC:

KC: Full Member

5. Codrut Popescu

Here is another video:

and here is how to make a new wick:

Credit to vapersforum.ro
    Even if we are from different countries we share the same hobby :)

Happy vaping!

6. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Codrut i would say for some its worth cleaning them it all depends on the person .
    Some can afford to toss them and pop in a new one while some clean them and get the most they can from the atty.
    Some do not mind the tinkering.

7. Codrut Popescu

I actually use cartos now on my Ego-C batteries. As soon as I tried some dual coil Kangers there was no turning back to the atty for me. But the knowledge should be here and shared :) Some people are performing a dry burn of the atty every couple of days as it is loosing the TH.

8. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

The type "B" mega atty's in lr used to last me a good while as i was into cleaning them and installing new wicks as well.
    I have moved on to other Pvs but still use it now and then.

9. Marjan

Marjan Full Member

Cordut, would you be kind please and tell me what exactly is used on that Youtube Wick tutorial? Thank you.

10. Vapronicity

Vapronicity Full Member

Yes, what is 10mm latime?

11. WA3PNT

WA3PNT Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Bumping this, as I'm also trying to find out what 10mm latime is, and where to obtain it.

Google did not help

George

12. Benzin

Benzin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

On every video ibe seen on cleaning the ego-c atomizer, everybody allways removes the top part (the part with the wick and spike) of the atomizer before dryburning. Yet the manual tells you to just do the dryburning without removing anything.
    ¿Whats the reason people remove the top part of the atti? ¿Does the wick burn if you dont do it?

13. Maestro

Maestro Super Member ECF Veteran

You can't see the coil if you don't remove the needle plate. I don't think it hurts the wick any. I clean the wicks with a lighter.

14. Benzin

¿so they remove it only to get a clear look at the coil?
    ¿you use a lighter to clean the wick? ¿doesnt it burn it? i tought those wicks were made of some fabric, ¿are they made of metal mesh?
    My ego-c doesnt arrive untill tuesday.

15. Malduk

Malduk Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I remove the spike to clean inner part of the wick from the spike (by using a lighter). No, it doesn't burn it, it just burns the built up juice.
    I tend to wash both parts again after the dry burn, and I assemble it back together when I dry it out. Its much easier to clean it right if you open it, and since its so easy to open it, there's no reason not to.

(On the side note, you CAN see the coil going red even if you don't remove the spike part)

16. Maestro

No, the wicks are make of silica or something and can withstand high heat. After using my lighter on it, it comes out nice and white.

The reason for dry burning is to remove the gunk off the coil. But you'll burn it out if you're not careful. You need to do short bursts, blow into it occasionally, and watch it carefully. Let go of the button when you see it turn red. When you can see the entire coil glow, it's clean.

17. Maestro

True, you may be able to see the glow with the needle plate on, but since you have to put the cone on when you burn, it's pretty tough to see what's going on. Even if you're able to burn with the cone off (doesn't work for me) the wick would block your view of most of the coil.

18. Benzin

i see, thanks for the information guys. I cant wait to get my hands on my brand new ego-C! :)

You know, the reason i was a little concerned with taking off the spike from the atomizer, was (besides being an aditional step), that i read somewhere that a couple of people lost their atomizers doing that, because when they took out the top, the wick was caught (one even said "welded") to the coil, and it tore the coil out.
    ¿Anyone had this problem?

19. Malduk

Just pointing out that it is possible to see it, for those that don't want to fiddle too much.
    And yes, it is possible to burn with cone off, by screwing, then unscrewing the cone. Most of the time, atty will stick to the base with a solid contact to the battery. And of course, you'll see only the end of the coil, but again, thats the "important" part (not really, but its usually the part that starts glowing last).

But again, there's no reason not to open the atty. Its simple enough.

20. Malduk

Soak the atty in something (alcohol, vinegar, even hot water) before opening it, and wick won't stick to the coil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.