How to clean an Ego-C atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marjan

Jan 13, 2012
Serbia & Montana
I actually use cartos now on my Ego-C batteries. As soon as I tried some dual coil Kangers there was no turning back to the atty for me. But the knowledge should be here and shared :) Some people are performing a dry burn of the atty every couple of days as it is loosing the TH.

Cordut, would you be kind please and tell me what exactly is used on that Youtube Wick tutorial? Thank you.

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
On every video ibe seen on cleaning the ego-c atomizer, everybody allways removes the top part (the part with the wick and spike) of the atomizer before dryburning. Yet the manual tells you to just do the dryburning without removing anything.
¿Whats the reason people remove the top part of the atti? ¿Does the wick burn if you dont do it?

Malduk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2012
Croatia
I remove the spike to clean inner part of the wick from the spike (by using a lighter). No, it doesn't burn it, it just burns the built up juice.
I tend to wash both parts again after the dry burn, and I assemble it back together when I dry it out. Its much easier to clean it right if you open it, and since its so easy to open it, there's no reason not to.

(On the side note, you CAN see the coil going red even if you don't remove the spike part)

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
No, the wicks are make of silica or something and can withstand high heat. After using my lighter on it, it comes out nice and white.

The reason for dry burning is to remove the gunk off the coil. But you'll burn it out if you're not careful. You need to do short bursts, blow into it occasionally, and watch it carefully. Let go of the button when you see it turn red. When you can see the entire coil glow, it's clean.

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
I remove the spike to clean inner part of the wick from the spike (by using a lighter). No, it doesn't burn it, it just burns the built up juice.
I tend to wash both parts again after the dry burn, and I assemble it back together when I dry it out. Its much easier to clean it right if you open it, and since its so easy to open it, there's no reason not to.

(On the side note, you CAN see the coil going red even if you don't remove the spike part)

True, you may be able to see the glow with the needle plate on, but since you have to put the cone on when you burn, it's pretty tough to see what's going on. Even if you're able to burn with the cone off (doesn't work for me) the wick would block your view of most of the coil.

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
i see, thanks for the information guys. I cant wait to get my hands on my brand new ego-C! :)

You know, the reason i was a little concerned with taking off the spike from the atomizer, was (besides being an aditional step), that i read somewhere that a couple of people lost their atomizers doing that, because when they took out the top, the wick was caught (one even said "welded") to the coil, and it tore the coil out.
¿Anyone had this problem?

Malduk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2012
Croatia
True, you may be able to see the glow with the needle plate on, but since you have to put the cone on when you burn, it's pretty tough to see what's going on. Even if you're able to burn with the cone off (doesn't work for me) the wick would block your view of most of the coil.

Just pointing out that it is possible to see it, for those that don't want to fiddle too much.
And yes, it is possible to burn with cone off, by screwing, then unscrewing the cone. Most of the time, atty will stick to the base with a solid contact to the battery. And of course, you'll see only the end of the coil, but again, thats the "important" part (not really, but its usually the part that starts glowing last).

But again, there's no reason not to open the atty. Its simple enough.

Malduk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2012
Croatia
i see, thanks for the information guys. I cant wait to get my hands on my brand new ego-C! :)

You know, the reason i was a little concerned with taking off the spike from the atomizer, was (besides being an aditional step), that i read somewhere that a couple of people lost their atomizers doing that, because when they took out the top, the wick was caught (one even said "welded") to the coil, and it tore the coil out.
¿Anyone had this problem?

Soak the atty in something (alcohol, vinegar, even hot water) before opening it, and wick won't stick to the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread