Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Your Evod is a tank Supermarket & yes it comes apart pretty much the same as the Pro tank - just smaller pieces :)

Thank you, I didn't know this. I thought EVOD was considered a clearomizer, and the pro tank a...well... tank?

So are they both technically tanks AND clearomizers then? Since they are see through?

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
I have more RBAs than I have sense and I alternatingly use them all. To speed up the washing process, I invested in an inexpensive ultrasonic cleaner from Amazon. This thing is terrific at getting everything clean. Just let dry overnight, dry burn, and you're set again!

You mean something like this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/ultrasonic-cleaner-3305.html

I used to work at a Harbor Freight.....in fact, I have one literally less than a MILE from my house. They just might have this in stock (if not I could order online).

For $30, can't really go wrong, if that is similar to what you are talking about

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
No worries on wetting the atomizer head, there is nothing electronic in there, just wick and wire. If it's not ALL the way dry when you use it there will be very little vapor and flavor. Be very careful when you do your dry-burn, that can cause them to pop. Then you're off to You Tube to learn how to re-coil them.

By the way, I LOVE my evod, probably need to buy another to have as a backup. Wish the green color wasn't so noxious, though. Had to buy purple. . .wah!

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
I just rinse mine in water every night basically, after every tank full of liquid, it is a pain in the ... sometimes...but I do also have like 7 of them(evods) so it doesn't cut into my vaping time really. I just take it apart, unscrew the base+atomizer from the tank section, unscrew the coil from the base, and just rinse it real good under pretty hot water, like real hot...hot enough that you can handle really. Then just let it air dry. Do the same thing with the protank, works the same. Sometimes I take 91% isopropyl rubbing alcohol and let the atomizer part soak in it for like..i dont know an hour, then rinse it quick with water and then let it dry. Also when you are rinsing the atomizer part, I run water through the holes so the water gets inside and rinses the coils and the inside of it, and I take off the little silicon gasket thingy sitting on top of the post and rinse that and then put it back on, but not all the way down, let it sit on the post, and then put it all the way back down before I use it to vape. This all applies to both the evod and protank since they are the same thing basically.

Thanks, I was going to ask why anyone would use vodka over isopropyl alcohol. I have TONS of isopropyl alcohol, use it for cleaning all the time.

El_tecolote

Moved On
Apr 10, 2013
I'm looking at the ultrasonics on amazon and I'm a bit overwhelmed lol.. Do they use soap?

I ordered the DBtech brand. I don't use soap. Filtered or distilled water takes care of my cleaning needs. What I like about this cleaner is that you have multiple timings from which you can choose such as 180 seconds, 280, etc.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Awesome tips guys. I forgot to mention my favorite method. Hear me out. Holy water, I'm serious holy water. I'm not catholic but my wife is. I seen her rub the stuff on her forehead when we walked in the church. I said hey there may be something to this.

I didn't steal any for that fact I'd go to hell so I purchased some from the gift shop. When I got home I soaked an evod head in it. There was a soft glimmer of light and the head was as good as new. Boba's bounty, copper creek house blend, John Stamos tears, the darkest of the dark is no match for holy water.

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
Also, for those that don't know, 70% iso alcohol disinfects better than 90%:

http://www.ocontofalls.k12.wi.us/fa...STEMSymp/Independent research model paper.pdf

I realized a few years ago that most people are unaware of this....so just throwing it out there if you guys use isop.

Quite honestly, both should be fine - but I mention this because at my walmart, 70% is cheaper :)

really? huh...i was using 70% that was in the house, and i went out and bought some 91% cause i thought it would be better lol. i figure either one would kill anything, both are pretty damn strong. i usually use a little cup now and fill it mostly with water and put a bit of the isp alcohol, since it takes so damn much to fill a small cup i would be having to buy the stuff all the time. well i guess if you just use it to clean the atomizer part it wouldnt take that much...i was putting everything in the cup though and it takes a lot to cover the tank itself.

oh and the evod is a clearomizer, but the part that holds the liquid when you don't have anything else connected to it is called a tank. at least thats the way i see it. so the entire thing put together is a clearomizer, and just the top part is the tank that holds the liquid.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Awesome tips guys. I forgot to mention my favorite method. Hear me out. Holy water, I'm serious holy water. I'm not catholic but my wife is. I seen her rub the stuff on her forehead when we walked in the church. I said hey there may be something to this.

I didn't steal any for that fact I'd go to hell so I purchased some from the gift shop. When I got home I soaked an evod head in it. There was a soft glimmer of light and the head was as good as new. Boba's bounty, copper creek house blend, John Stamos tears, the darkest of the dark is no match for holy water.

Oh Holy Lord. We ask you to bless this atty that it may serve in our vaping intentions for now and all eternity AMEN.

MaxS89

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Florida
I wash the body of edov in hot water, no soap. Clean the head with hot water also. Every so often, I will pull the head apart and expose the coils and soak the head in hot hydrogine peroxide. If the coils get super gunked up you can dry burn the coil head. Pull the top off and remove the flavor wicks to expose the coils. Screw it into the base and attach it to the battery, Hit it with power 5-10 seconds at a time untill you get all the coils lighting up. It burns the gunk off. rinse the head in hot water after you are done and reassenbly the head. Replace the head when you feel it's no longer hitting well. I am still using heads that are 6 weeks old. But, I clean them often.

I have just gotten my Protanks in last week and they have had some use on them. I am used to CE5 top coils and only in about week 3 of vaping. Only thing I've done so far to the protanks is rinse in hot water and blow them dry. I want to do a dry burn on them and just wondering how long do you soak them in Hydrogen Peroxide?

MaxS89

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Florida
Just did my first dry burn with it. Said screw it and took it all apart. Only had 5 tanks worth in it since new but same eliquid which seems thick even for a 65/35. That thing was completely black, just put it back together and about to see if i broke or not lol.

Works great again, should have done it sooner with the juice being so thick. Now its the last tank of the juice and I'm really getting to enjoy it. :glare:

Last edited:

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
really? huh...i was using 70% that was in the house, and i went out and bought some 91% cause i thought it would be better lol. i figure either one would kill anything, both are pretty damn strong. i usually use a little cup now and fill it mostly with water and put a bit of the isp alcohol, since it takes so damn much to fill a small cup i would be having to buy the stuff all the time. well i guess if you just use it to clean the atomizer part it wouldnt take that much...i was putting everything in the cup though and it takes a lot to cover the tank itself.

oh and the evod is a clearomizer, but the part that holds the liquid when you don't have anything else connected to it is called a tank. at least thats the way i see it. so the entire thing put together is a clearomizer, and just the top part is the tank that holds the liquid.

71% is a better disinfectant, but both should get the job done just fine :)

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Pffft. Rinse with hot water, shake, blow out, refill. Heads last me 3-4 weeks of chain vaping.

Simplicity, my kinda guy :)

I'm gonna stick to hot water for now......I'm the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy. However, if hot water isn't getting the job done, as far as clearing my pro tank of any lingering smell/odor/flavor/taste etc, then I'll go from there.

MaxS89

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Florida
Simplicity, my kinda guy :)

I'm gonna stick to hot water for now......I'm the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy. However, if hot water isn't getting the job done, as far as clearing my pro tank of any lingering smell/odor/flavor/taste etc, then I'll go from there.

Yeah I just ended up using the hot water method. But was confused on how the hell to dry burn a bottom coil. Now that it's figured out, and im happily puffing away its as much cleaning as i'm going to do to these things.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
We've become some penny pinchers haven't we?

Even we used a head a day and threw it away we'd still be spending less than cigs Lolz.

Well, it seems to be honest most people on here are spending far more on their "hobby" then they were on cigs. Not saying its a bad thing, by any measure, but not the money saver a lot of people seemed to think it would be for them. :)

As for me, I spent $150/month on cigarettes. $163 my first month of vaping. I plan on spending less than $75 each month, that is my cut off limit, half of what I spent on cigs, and luckily I am very good with money, so I have no problems not going over.

As for cleaning the devices I buy......I've never been one to throw away/waste something just because it is cheap to replace. I guess I'm old fashioned in that sense, even though I'm a younger guy (mid 20s), but I get personal satisfaction out of taking good care of the things I buy, repairing and maintaining them. Even if you gave me atomizer heads for FREE, I still wouldn't replace them all the time, or not clean the ones I have.

So for me, it isn't a money issue. It is just how I am ;)

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
That's awesome supermarket.

I love saving money myself, so does my wife she's one of those extreme couponers.

Other than saving money this hobby is bringing a hoarder out of me. If they sold nic base and heads at every convenience store like cigs I might be a little more lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread