Status
Not open for further replies.

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
Pffft. Rinse with hot water, shake, blow out, refill. Heads last me 3-4 weeks of chain vaping.

This. I use a can of compressed air duster to blow the excess water out before refill. Couple of soggy hits and I'm vaping like a fool in no time.

If you really, really like the Kangers and foresee yourself continuing to use them, a great investment would be some 100% unbleached cotton gauze (from your local drugstore) or some Aunt Lydia's #10 natural bamboo thread (boil a couple of times before using, lifetime supply is around 4 bucks). I rinse and dry burn my heads once a week and use the bamboo to replace the top silica wick, which tends to fall apart and MAY end up in your mouth. Yes, it happened to me once. Caught the little sucker between my back chompers. Glad it didn't end up in my lungs.

With a supply of overwicking material, you can then fine-tune the amount of top wick based on the viscosity of your juice: More wick for higher PG, less for higher VG. Then just replace your overwicks after each cleaning.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Thank you, I didn't know this. I thought EVOD was considered a clearomizer, and the pro tank a...well... tank?

So are they both technically tanks AND clearomizers then? Since they are see through?

Most clearomizers do not come apart for cleaning, you can only remove the drip tip & the little white rubber cap for cleaning. They have begun to make RBA clearo's tho' - tank/clearomizer whatever = 'delivery device & should be kept clean for longer life span :)

Sassington

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Central Florida, US
    I just tried to dry burn a spare evod atty for "esses and giggles" on a protank base (I don't have a spare evod base laying around) with my vision spinner and the battery just flashes when I push the button. =< no bueno.

Then the wicks fell apart when I tried to put it back together... Fail.

Last edited:
    I must have gotten the reject cotton swabs last time, because I put one down the tube and didn't even apply pressure; brought out a clean stick and spent 45 minutes picking cotton out with a paper clip! Bought some pipe cleaners today, should draw some attention at cleaning time!
    OK I think I understand... someone plz confirm. I have been using dark liquid and my shiny new kanger protank is yucky and cloudy and after rinsing with hot distilled water and letting dry... still grungy. If I hear ya right... ya use a cotton swab to clean inside of tank. Keeping in mind if using the cheapo brand you may be pulling out fibers all day. Is this the solution for making the tank (not talking atomizer heads and wick) look and taste like new again?

If I recall correctly, the Protank is glass, so it's not cloudy from acidic juice, you should be able to wipe the "grunge" off with a cotton swab or something that won't scratch your glass. It is on the inside, not the outside?
    Yes it is pyrex glass and I used dark liquids ... ie: Kona Coffee Milkshake and Amaretto. They are very dark... And yes its just on the inside of the glass from the darker and heavier VG juice I use.

I am going to try cleaning mine with some PGA, I've heard on here that works well. I can try anyways lol.
    Let me know how that goes... I gotta do something to get it shiny again and clean and not smell like last eliquid... all this is driving me nuts... almost tempted to stop vaping... and no will not start analogs! Just give it all up!!!! Oh kinda grouchy lol... got new juice in mail... primed my carto... filled it and the wick burned. Now moved it to the Kanger and still tasting the last eliquid... I guess a day I should just stop vaping!

oneforpeace

Verified Member
    Oct 29, 2013
    Mill Spring, NC, USA
    For the glass, as well as any ALL metal parts, you could try acetone. Your local hardware store should have it. It WILL dissolve the gunk, but don't get it on anything plastic; it will likely melt it if it's not polyethylene or Teflon. I've been using it on other glass, metal and ceramic smoking appliances for years. It evaporates quickly and completely and is miscible with water so it washes off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread