HOW TO: Clean and refill Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
As you might have read in other threads, I experimented with cleaning cartomizers and discovered that it usually doesn't work. Cartomizers don't vape good after cleaning with any solution and should be discarded and replaced with new cartos. I do that about every 3 to 4 weeks, when refilling each carto an average of once each day or so. 20 refills is a good estimate...

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
As you might have read in other threads, I experimented with cleaning cartomizers and discovered that it usually doesn't work. Cartomizers don't vape good after cleaning with any solution and should be discarded and replaced with new cartos. I do that about every 3 to 4 weeks, when refilling each carto an average of once each day or so. 20 refills is a good estimate...

That's exactly what I was thinking while reading this thread, there's just nothing that beats a new cartomizer, you made great experiments with these cartos. I still do clean them with the seryngue/rubber cone and hot water but that's just because I'm cheap and don't have new cartomizers right now :(

TJVapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
USA

Oh well, didn't hurt to try, lol :)

albertbert

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2011
Canada
I found that blowing them out doesnt work well for me, i still have to let them dry for a few days after, and they get gunked up with residue from the water drying. And its a pain to blow out multiple cartos. I use the reverse taryn spin to dry my cartos. taryn spin - YouTube

I use a empty pill bottle with a shoelace tied around the lip under the cap, with it I can dry several at a time. First spin i put the condoms on them to catch the water, after i just put a wad of paper towel in the pill bottle and spin it more. A good 3 or 4 spins and they should be dry enough to refill right away.

If anyone tries this with a lanyard or something to do one cart at a time, it helps to add some pennies to give it a little more weight. Spins much faster that way.

jdub411

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2011
Georgia, Valdosta
Do you find that cartomizers give more vapor after they are refilled than when you first receive them in the starter kit?

I just received my first e-cigarette (KR808D-1) starter kit last week. I love the e-cigarette, but the amount of vapor is not consistent, and it tastes kind of odd. Will this get better after I refill them?

YES, depending on the brand it's better/worse. My advice would be get some quality blanks from the vendor of your choice, and drip away. 20-23 drops in a new cart is plenty depending on brand, when the vapor starts to taper off pop it back open and put 10 more in. You will never again get a burnt taste. Note: wait 5 minutes on a fresh cart to let the juice get to the wick, always refill with the .... plug cover on so incase you hit the center hole it doesn't get any juice on the battery connection. You can also use a syringe to refill if dropping without hitting the center seems difficult, this method also allows you to measure the ammount of juice, most blanks recommend 1ml.

If you get no vapor, or have a really tight draw after recently refilling a used blank it's time for cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread